Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 453109 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)
« Reply #855 on: August 22, 2017, 12:16:06 AM »
Sadly the eclipse is a luxury that we cant enjoy in my country :/

Couldn't exactly enjoy it up here this far north either. The weather wasn't cooperating (cloudy) and given that I'm living almost North of 60 Canada, seeing the eclipse in its entirety was rather unlikely.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #856 on: August 22, 2017, 03:34:25 AM »
No eclipse viewing here in Asia. But I love that the demo announcement is out. :)

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #857 on: August 29, 2017, 01:34:36 PM »
This I had never expected a thousand thank you very much, a gameplay demo wow ;D ;D ;D Do you think full game next year?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 01:36:47 PM by Castle34hk »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #858 on: August 29, 2017, 02:17:22 PM »
This I had never expected a thousand thank you very much, a gameplay demo wow ;D ;D ;D Do you think full game next year?

Please, don't get your hopes up on this. Realistically there will not be a full game next year, no.

But we do have plans for next year also.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #859 on: August 30, 2017, 08:19:12 AM »
OK I understand anyway it is safe to say now this will be a game now? not just music,art etc....

Good work bro I support you 100% yes we need a true sequel to Dawn of soorow.

And the best CV fan made game right now is Castlevania the lecarde chronicles 2 but this game will beat it I will think if you continues the work and work every days couple of hours then you have time. I understand games take time but plzz dont give up.

YOU ARE AMAZING!

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #860 on: August 30, 2017, 09:25:57 PM »
+2
OK I understand anyway it is safe to say now this will be a game now?
Please give all your support and good vibes to Mr. PlotTwist and my boy Dracula9 so they can release more than a single demo for Umbra.

not just music,art etc....
Rude

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #861 on: September 05, 2017, 07:48:09 AM »
This is one of the best things that can happen to the Castlevania community.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #862 on: September 05, 2017, 02:42:07 PM »

And the best CV fan made game right now is Castlevania the lecarde chronicles 2 but this game will beat it I will think if you continues the work and work every days couple of hours then you have time. I understand games take time but plzz dont give up.

No, It will not. Simply because It is not the main objective of this project, I believe. This was Rude.
And....You're saying things like a OverExcited fanboy. Stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #863 on: September 05, 2017, 04:58:23 PM »
+2
Hey guys try to understand that the LC2 team and the Umbra team are a close-knit group. Plot Twist and Dracula9 both contributed to LC2 and I am voicing Julius in Umbra and creating a little guest music.

We understand that people will have opinions on games but it's not a competition. The more great CV fans games the better and we want Umbra to be the best it can be regardless of people's opinions of LC2.

We're a group of creative friends that do the best we can and support each other.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #864 on: September 05, 2017, 05:18:42 PM »
Looks like this is going to take the spot as my number 1 favorite Castlevania fangame after Lecarde Chronicles 2, especially since its going to be a full blown metroidvania and not a somewhat partial one like LC2 (still LOVED it by the way), and its taking place within my favorite mysterious time period of The Battle of 1999, and last but not least a new and updated Alucard with a big role in the story,  so there is A LOT to look forward to, I don't care if it takes you guys a year or even 2 to 3 years so long as you guys just don't give up on this, chances are this is the only chance we will ever get a Demon Castle Wars game otherwise lol.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #865 on: September 07, 2017, 06:04:42 AM »
Hey guys try to understand that the LC2 team and the Umbra team are a close-knit group. Plot Twist and Dracula9 both contributed to LC2 and I am voicing Julius in Umbra and creating a little guest music.

We understand that people will have opinions on games but it's not a competition. The more great CV fans games the better and we want Umbra to be the best it can be regardless of people's opinions of LC2.

We're a group of creative friends that do the best we can and support each other.

And is it that matters. We have many talented people scattered here, and the more guys collaborating with a single objective, the better.
The LC2 is unique in this own way as Umbra, too, will be.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #866 on: October 07, 2017, 01:07:54 AM »
+1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY-V9mY26Rc

Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow - The Bloody Waltz ;D ;D

Online Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #867 on: October 08, 2017, 06:50:17 AM »
+1

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #868 on: November 01, 2017, 09:53:28 PM »
+2
So, a bit of an update that is not very nice.

My previous update was about how a gameplay demo was in works to be released in December. That is not happening anymore (the date, not the gameplay demo -- the gameplay demo is STILL DEFINITELLY HAPPENING).

Almost like a curse, as soon as I made the announcement, everything started working backwards against me, and the team was held back. Got to the point where I became physically unable to work on it (and on anything else that required computer graphics), therefore slowing the project's development to nearly 0km/s, and putting us on almost two months of delayed work.

But my situation is now almost resolved, and development shall resume. However, the predicted month of December is now only happening by a miracle -- and considering the unreliable nature of miracles, we're calling this a delay.

On the bright side, however, other things have been worked on. So it was nearly 0km/s, but not exactly 0. A smart follower of this project will know where to look to find some cool stuff :3

So, to not leave people completelly on the dark: In early December we will announce a new date prediction based on how things work out for this month. If none of us is struck by an incredible streak of bad luck like I just was, we will be able to follow through with it.

I should also stress that the delay is purely and uniquely from my side, meaning that something happened to ME only and I was not able to deliver content for the team to work with. The rest of the team is just as "on it!" and reliable as it always was.

TL;DR: The December date is jossed due to powers out of my control, stalling the entire team; Despite this, the gameplay demo is still on the works and you can bet your ass with Satan that it is coming out. The situation hindering progress is nearly solved, and development shall resume as normal shortly.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:09:49 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #869 on: November 12, 2017, 08:31:23 AM »
CastleVania: Umbra of Sorrow is one of CV Fandom's greatest Fan Arts yet.

Tags: 1999 Awes 

anything