Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 983643 times)

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3000 on: July 10, 2017, 03:38:10 PM »
Classicvania mode is the biggest reason for me personally I'm anticipating/excited for Bloodstained.

Can't believe I forgot about that.  I guess I was so focused with the main game itself, especially after playing that one demo.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3001 on: July 15, 2017, 10:36:45 AM »
largest IGAvania Castle ever is really gonna enhance it.

and Boss Revenge mode sounds like the most fascinating mode to me, especially if the playable boss selection is great

http://nintendoeverything.com/boss-revenge-mode-heading-to-bloodstained-as-kickstarter-surpasses-5-5-million/

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3002 on: July 24, 2017, 01:11:49 PM »
News:
Inti Creates no longer working on Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night's main game, still handling prequel mini-game
https://gonintendo.com/stories/285963-inti-creates-no-longer-working-on-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-nig

Offline Zargon

• Hunter in Training
  • Its up to you!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3003 on: July 29, 2017, 07:23:34 AM »
News:
Inti Creates no longer working on Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night's main game, still handling prequel mini-game
https://gonintendo.com/stories/285963-inti-creates-no-longer-working-on-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-nig

Not exactly a surprise at this point, and not something to feel bad about. They put a lot of work into the game as it is, pretty much up to the first playable demo. It's pretty clear that they're not as comfortable with 3D development though, so it's no surprise that they ducked out at this point. Still working on the 2D prequel game, which is cool, and they still laid a lot of the groundwork for this, so I still consider them a part of it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 11:47:03 AM by Zargon »

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3004 on: August 04, 2017, 02:41:58 AM »
+1
WOW!

Bloodstained Music and Art Tribute (Voyage of Promise)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EekPZjVVxMo

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3005 on: August 08, 2017, 10:16:20 AM »
well they could make the castle feel more massive with more castle interiors, every single Castlevania, it felt like there wasn't enough castle in it.

Offline NagoriyukiSlayer

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #3006 on: August 09, 2017, 01:11:22 AM »
I just looked at the footage today for the first time for the most recent update on the Kickstarter page and, while I understand that the game is still in development, I'm definitely getting a bad feeling about this one. The graphics are what are killing me the most as well as Miriam's movement speed. I hope they at least have a dash of some kind. If anything, I'd like it if they brought in Juste's dash from HOD, so we're not backdashing everywhere. I don't know how anyone would complain about that feature from the game.

As for the graphics, it might just be that Guilty Gear Xrd has spoiled me, but it just doesn't look 2D to me. It would be neat to see the Xrd style for these 2.5D games in the future, but, seeing as Xrd came out in 2014, and that this game was announced in 2015 if I remember right, I understand that probably would have been too much to attempt. I can definitely say I like the concept art images more than the actual in-game graphics...kind of like other peoples' reaction to MN9's graphics. Though, I understand all of these things are subject to change. I mean, go to the Cutting Room Floor Wiki to see how different games can look from their beta versions.

If I'm going to be honest, I think they shouldn't have chosen to port the game to the Wii U or the PS Vita, especially the Vita. Both are older systems with older hardware that will hold the main versions back, in my opinion, which I think may have affected the graphics of MN9 on the more powerful platforms. (Did you see how many systems that game was being ported for?) Now, a Switch port? (even if I think that system has a whole myriad of issues from what I've heard) That's reasonable, seeing as how that system actually is selling and is still in demand. Anything other than the PS4, XBone, Switch, or PC, however, I feel is pointless.

As for everything else, we'll just have to wait and see. I know the game is basically some sort of SOTN/Sorrow hybrid. (I don't keep up with gameplay systems like this until I play the game or watch a review) I think the new skeleton replacement is definitely cooler than just a straight up skeleton, but I hope we see some new enemy types and not just remodels. I would like to see Castlevania with some new things we haven't seen before and not just "Sorrow's spiritual successor with a redesign of enemies to prevent a lawsuit from #FucKonami."

For that matter, give Not-Dracula's first form more than just floating around and shooting fireballs. I realize they're probably not even close to that point in development, but that's just my thoughts on previous Dracula or Dracula-esque battles in the series.

One more thing: integrate the other playable characters into the plot in some way. Maybe give them their own scenarios like in Castlevania 64 and/or some unique bosses and endings? Hey, one can only hope.

P.S. The Vita's situation is so bad that, at the retail store I work at, the electronics department doesn't even sell the PS Vita systems themselves in the store from what I remember working there a year ago. Just saying.

tl;dr - I echo what some of the critics have to say about the graphics, but understand that everything's a WIP. I offer some suggestions as to what they could do with this one that haven't been done with other Castlevania games yet.

Offline Zargon

• Hunter in Training
  • Its up to you!
    • Awards
« Reply #3007 on: August 09, 2017, 02:34:34 AM »
As for the graphics, it might just be that Guilty Gear Xrd has spoiled me, but it just doesn't look 2D to me. It would be neat to see the Xrd style for these 2.5D games in the future, but, seeing as Xrd came out in 2014, and that this game was announced in 2015 if I remember right, I understand that probably would have been too much to attempt. I can definitely say I like the concept art images more than the actual in-game graphics...kind of like other peoples' reaction to MN9's graphics. Though, I understand all of these things are subject to change. I mean, go to the Cutting Room Floor Wiki to see how different games can look from their beta versions.

If I'm going to be honest, I think they shouldn't have chosen to port the game to the Wii U or the PS Vita, especially the Vita. Both are older systems with older hardware that will hold the main versions back, in my opinion, which I think may have affected the graphics of MN9 on the more powerful platforms. (Did you see how many systems that game was being ported for?) Now, a Switch port? (even if I think that system has a whole myriad of issues from what I've heard) That's reasonable, seeing as how that system actually is selling and is still in demand. Anything other than the PS4, XBone, Switch, or PC, however, I feel is pointless.

This game was never meant to look completely 2D, or have the illusion that it is like GG Xrd. The concept art was just that; concept art. And they were pretty clear and up front about that fact as well. So this should not come as a surprise, but it seems like many peoples expectations are raised by super successful kickstarter campaigns. Even though it broke records, it's still not much money for making it look super pretty, and certainly not enough for something like GG Xrd.

Also, the game was given to a different studio to be ported to those platforms, since they didn't run UE4 natively, so it would not have affected the main development at all. The Switch DOES run UE4 natively, so any downgrades they need to do for it are simple.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3008 on: August 09, 2017, 08:51:59 PM »
P.S. The Vita's situation is so bad that, at the retail store I work at, the electronics department doesn't even sell the PS Vita systems themselves in the store from what I remember working there a year ago. Just saying.

Yeah, Vita is a fail outside Japan. But since Bloodstained also wants the Japanese market who adores handhelds more than consoles (smartphone games are king, though) nowadays, they have to offer it on the Vita.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3009 on: August 09, 2017, 10:17:42 PM »
Regarding the general grievances of how this game is shaping up, there's only one that I have personally, the internal environments seem too "enclosed" (you can't see outside enough) and in general they (internally) look static. There's almost too much brick and mortar and not enough viewing windows (crumbling walls, collonades and the like) to the outside world. This is simply my preference to have more quirky means of seeing what's behind the existing background. (Even the alchemy lab in Sotn which was very enclosed looked like a massive scaled environment when seeing what's happening in the background).

I'm not so worried about the gameplay because a) it looks decent and b) Iga has done these types of games before. The only thing that worries me is that boss fight trailer, it looked pretty average tbh. On the flip side when it comes to playing the past games Iga's worked on I've never disliked one of his Castlevania games (not even 3D) which is why I'm giving Bloodstained the benefit of the doubt and reserving judgement.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3010 on: August 10, 2017, 09:02:50 AM »
The game's still a work in progress so they can go back and alter some areas that seem too claustrophobic and plain before the final release.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3011 on: August 11, 2017, 05:38:25 PM »
there is nothing wrong with Miram's move speed AT ALL.  some people are just too ADHD these days, expecting to zip through anything without even appreciating the pacing and background atmosphere and detail. 

you know even SOTN speed is quite slow without exploits nor back dash/move spam nonsense to move faster.

sure the model visuals could use some polish, though I think Miriam herself looks adequate, the first boss looks kind of pasty, but that's probably because they sort of went with a "painting" design for that boss.   overall,  it's look much greater than DXC graphics.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3012 on: August 11, 2017, 06:06:57 PM »
+1
Walk speed is the same as in SOTN, people are just fucking stupid. Does this honestly surprise you?
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3013 on: August 12, 2017, 12:33:16 AM »
I just looked at the footage today for the first time for the most recent update on the Kickstarter page and, while I understand that the game is still in development, I'm definitely getting a bad feeling about this one. The graphics are what are killing me the most as well as Miriam's movement speed. I hope they at least have a dash of some kind. If anything, I'd like it if they brought in Juste's dash from HOD, so we're not backdashing everywhere. I don't know how anyone would complain about that feature from the game.

As for everything else, we'll just have to wait and see. I know the game is basically some sort of SOTN/Sorrow hybrid. (I don't keep up with gameplay systems like this until I play the game or watch a review) I think the new skeleton replacement is definitely cooler than just a straight up skeleton, but I hope we see some new enemy types and not just remodels. I would like to see Castlevania with some new things we haven't seen before and not just "Sorrow's spiritual successor with a redesign of enemies to prevent a lawsuit from #FucKonami."

For that matter, give Not-Dracula's first form more than just floating around and shooting fireballs. I realize they're probably not even close to that point in development, but that's just my thoughts on previous Dracula or Dracula-esque battles in the series.

One more thing: integrate the other playable characters into the plot in some way. Maybe give them their own scenarios like in Castlevania 64 and/or some unique bosses and endings? Hey, one can only hope.

tl;dr - I echo what some of the critics have to say about the graphics, but understand that everything's a WIP. I offer some suggestions as to what they could do with this one that haven't been done with other Castlevania games yet.

I don't think they read this forum for suggestions, since they have the Bloodstained Fan Forums with a section dedicated for that, making it easier for them receive feedback.

I don't know when people started saying that Miriam walking speed is slow, but seems to be someone that started it and people are parroting it. What maybe (emphasis on maybe) can be the case is the animation speed, not the movement. She moves like in SotN like Rugal said.

Wii U has already been cancelled as a platform and they will release it on Switch instead. Also there is no problem on releasing it on 3DS or Vita since it won't delay the main game and is being doing with spare money destined exactly for that. I see no logic in limiting the platform choices when the devs themselves says its okay and the progress so far as been good and pretty transparent for the backers and fans. Also no need to worry since its a separate version, no holding back there.
I totally agree that Vita seems pretty dead though lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3014 on: August 12, 2017, 03:40:12 PM »
A lot of people are complaining about the movement speed, but IIRC it's exactly the same as it was in SoTN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rKQia86-Bc

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags:

anything