Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Final Fantasy XV - Update Road Map  (Read 46511 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2017, 02:58:25 AM »
I agree! I love that the updates are making the game better. Finally, the black mage build I'm using with the ring is now viable, especially for the harder end game dungeons. Previously, I'm just DPSing my way through the game.

I do feel that the story is lacking (the more appropriate term might be "rushed") but I'm fine with it since I feel for the bros. And if I'm not mistaken that was the goal of the development team.

Episode Prompto, I think, will play like a shooter. And I believe it will have more feels attached to it.

I'm sure Episode Ignis will leave me in tears. Iggy~~~!!!

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2017, 03:54:31 PM »
I agree! I love that the updates are making the game better. Finally, the black mage build I'm using with the ring is now viable, especially for the harder end game dungeons. Previously, I'm just DPSing my way through the game.

I do feel that the story is lacking (the more appropriate term might be "rushed") but I'm fine with it since I feel for the bros. And if I'm not mistaken that was the goal of the development team.

Episode Prompto, I think, will play like a shooter. And I believe it will have more feels attached to it.

I'm sure Episode Ignis will leave me in tears. Iggy~~~!!!

I must admit, although the story does feel rushed, I am fine with it for the very same reasons - the Chocobros. I mean, come on. What's not to love? Now if only Lunafreya could have been taken out of that equation and replaced that romance with a romance between Noctis and Prompto

Really looking forward to the Episodes, too. I bet they will be heartbreaking, much like the last part of the game... My only hope is that they'll reveal a bit more about the characters, as Episode Gladiolus, while great, didn't show us much we didn't already know.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2017, 10:20:17 PM »
I must admit, although the story does feel rushed, I am fine with it for the very same reasons - the Chocobros. I mean, come on. What's not to love? Now if only Lunafreya could have been taken out of that equation and replaced that romance with a romance between Noctis and Prompto

Really looking forward to the Episodes, too. I bet they will be heartbreaking, much like the last part of the game... My only hope is that they'll reveal a bit more about the characters, as Episode Gladiolus, while great, didn't show us much we didn't already know.

Promptis is the best ship ever! Cinderella anyone? XD

I think there was less development time for episode Gladio. Is Gladio at the bottom of the fan poll for the bros? That might explain why there is not much story, since not much people would care about his life.

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2017, 10:18:32 AM »
Promptis is the best ship ever! Cinderella anyone? XD

I think there was less development time for episode Gladio. Is Gladio at the bottom of the fan poll for the bros? That might explain why there is not much story, since not much people would care about his life.

Right on, I'm such a Promptis fanboy! Don't care what anybody says, they're both just putting on an act because they're too afraid to make the first move. XD

I don't know - as far as I know, Gladio doesn't have as many fans in the west as he does in the east, though he's definitely not as popular as either Noctis or Prompto. Don't know how he fares against Ignis, however, poll-wise.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2017, 01:40:45 AM »
Right on, I'm such a Promptis fanboy! Don't care what anybody says, they're both just putting on an act because they're too afraid to make the first move. XD

I don't know - as far as I know, Gladio doesn't have as many fans in the west as he does in the east, though he's definitely not as popular as either Noctis or Prompto. Don't know how he fares against Ignis, however, poll-wise.

Yes! And that makes them too cute~!

Gladio doesn't have much fans in Japan as seen in the results of the Famitsu poll.

Who is your favorite character?

Noctis: 698 votes
Ignis: 384 votes
Prompto: 373 votes
Aranea: 250 votes
Lunafreya: 170 votes
Ardyn: 121 votes
Iris: 115 votes
Cidney: 106 votes
Gladiolus: 95 votes
Gentiana: 69 votes

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2017, 09:06:42 AM »
Yes! And that makes them too cute~!

Gladio doesn't have much fans in Japan as seen in the results of the Famitsu poll.

Who is your favorite character?

Noctis: 698 votes
Ignis: 384 votes
Prompto: 373 votes
Aranea: 250 votes
Lunafreya: 170 votes
Ardyn: 121 votes
Iris: 115 votes
Cidney: 106 votes
Gladiolus: 95 votes
Gentiana: 69 votes

It really does! Still, the ending... Ah well, that's what fan-stuff is for. XD

Oh, that's really surprising! Ignis being more popular than Prompto and Gladio ranking that low... My Japanese friend informed me that Gladio was pretty well liked over there. Then again, personal bias... XD Well, that definitely explains the lack of character development for Episode Gladiolus, in addition to the limited time they had to make it.

Still, I'm glad three of the four Chocobros occupy the three first places. Noice~

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2017, 02:16:20 AM »
It really does! Still, the ending... Ah well, that's what fan-stuff is for. XD

Oh, that's really surprising! Ignis being more popular than Prompto and Gladio ranking that low... My Japanese friend informed me that Gladio was pretty well liked over there. Then again, personal bias... XD Well, that definitely explains the lack of character development for Episode Gladiolus, in addition to the limited time they had to make it.

Still, I'm glad three of the four Chocobros occupy the three first places. Noice~

The ending is still painful but that is the beauty of a tragic story.
There are some really good Promptis fanfics in AO3.

I like Ignis too. I need a butler Ignis in my life. hahaha.
Gladio is ok but I don't dig his character much, especially in Chapter 10. argh...

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2017, 05:05:41 AM »
The ending is still painful but that is the beauty of a tragic story.
There are some really good Promptis fanfics in AO3.

I like Ignis too. I need a butler Ignis in my life. hahaha.
Gladio is ok but I don't dig his character much, especially in Chapter 10. argh...

I like a tragic story as much as the next guy (Castlevania, anyone?) but my favourite ending would still be the happy ending, maybe with just a hint of tragedy, instead of full-on bittersweet like FFXV.

Oh, don't we all? Where's my cooking battle butler? XD

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2017, 01:23:20 AM »
I like a tragic story as much as the next guy (Castlevania, anyone?) but my favourite ending would still be the happy ending, maybe with just a hint of tragedy, instead of full-on bittersweet like FFXV.

Oh, don't we all? Where's my cooking battle butler? XD

Tabata was true to his word that the ending would make people cry.
Well, we can always think that there are two endings to FFXV, the bitter tragic one (we experienced) and the happy wedding end (alternate timeline). Proof

By the way, did you already get the afrosword from the timed quest events?

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2017, 10:19:14 AM »
Tabata was true to his word that the ending would make people cry.
Well, we can always think that there are two endings to FFXV, the bitter tragic one (we experienced) and the happy wedding end (alternate timeline). Proof

By the way, did you already get the afrosword from the timed quest events?

Well, he did want to make people "cry for a week after the end of the game". He got his wish, the bastard. XD But if there really is an alternative ending... Well, that soothes my broken fan heart.

And nope, I haven't bothered with the timed quest events yet, I just completed one hunt two days ago, just to see how they were. I'll do them again sometime, but only if I have nothing else left to do~

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2017, 02:24:16 AM »
Well, he did want to make people "cry for a week after the end of the game". He got his wish, the bastard. XD But if there really is an alternative ending... Well, that soothes my broken fan heart.

And nope, I haven't bothered with the timed quest events yet, I just completed one hunt two days ago, just to see how they were. I'll do them again sometime, but only if I have nothing else left to do~

At least I did not finish the game during Christmas or the New Year celebrations. Imagine that.

The alternate ending is the best one (wedding scene). Some people believe it is just a fantasy of Noct, but I prefer the alternate timeline approach. It makes me feel better. Plus the other games in the Fabula Nova Crystallis (before it all broke up into FFXIII, Type-0 and FFXV) are fond of using the alternate timelines/time loop thing.

I'm technically almost at 100% completion. I'm just farming MX Angelus since it still doesn't give me the damn Magitek V2 suit drop. grrr

I will try to get a good enough time to qualify for the top 5000 on Monday. LOL. Just for the "player tag" since I missed out on hunt round 1. I got the afrosword from the fishing quest and  was unaware that there are more tags for the hunt. The completionist in me is nagging.

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2017, 04:01:14 AM »
At least I did not finish the game during Christmas or the New Year celebrations. Imagine that.

The alternate ending is the best one (wedding scene). Some people believe it is just a fantasy of Noct, but I prefer the alternate timeline approach. It makes me feel better. Plus the other games in the Fabula Nova Crystallis (before it all broke up into FFXIII, Type-0 and FFXV) are fond of using the alternate timelines/time loop thing.

I'm technically almost at 100% completion. I'm just farming MX Angelus since it still doesn't give me the damn Magitek V2 suit drop. grrr

I will try to get a good enough time to qualify for the top 5000 on Monday. LOL. Just for the "player tag" since I missed out on hunt round 1. I got the afrosword from the fishing quest and  was unaware that there are more tags for the hunt. The completionist in me is nagging.

That would have been terrible. Good thing you finished it after Christmas time~

Same here, it's a nice thing to imagine, so I'll just accept that as alternate timeline - even though it probably is just a fantasy of Noctis. The Japanese do love their symbolism.

I know that feeling, I also always aim for 100 % completion, no matter what. I just tend to take my sweet time with it, since I play more than one game at a time. Ah, the beauties of being a gamer. XD Now the only thing I have to wonder is why the sword is called "Afrosword"... Because whenever I imagine that, I imagine a sword with an afro-wig on it, but that can't be right. XD

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2017, 10:52:39 PM »
Same here, it's a nice thing to imagine, so I'll just accept that as alternate timeline - even though it probably is just a fantasy of Noctis. The Japanese do love their symbolism.

I know that feeling, I also always aim for 100 % completion, no matter what. I just tend to take my sweet time with it, since I play more than one game at a time. Ah, the beauties of being a gamer. XD Now the only thing I have to wonder is why the sword is called "Afrosword"... Because whenever I imagine that, I imagine a sword with an afro-wig on it, but that can't be right. XD

The symbolism in this game is way too much. Even Noctis and Luna's fates are written in their names
(click to show/hide)
. I really loved the logo change at the end.

I played the game since the beginning of December and I took my time with it too. It is a game that plays better when played leisurely. It is the only game I'm playing on my PS4 since real life is more important.

It is called Afrosword because of Afrojack. It has a dj's turn table stuck on a sword handle and plays its own song when used in battle. I don't use it though. Just got it for completion's sake.

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2017, 04:01:49 PM »
The symbolism in this game is way too much. Even Noctis and Luna's fates are written in their names
(click to show/hide)
. I really loved the logo change at the end.

I played the game since the beginning of December and I took my time with it too. It is a game that plays better when played leisurely. It is the only game I'm playing on my PS4 since real life is more important.

It is called Afrosword because of Afrojack. It has a dj's turn table stuck on a sword handle and plays its own song when used in battle. I don't use it though. Just got it for completion's sake.

Oh yes, but well, many Japanese games are heavy on the symbolism, so it's no wonder that FF does this on a constistent basis, as well~

Ah, that explains it. So basically, a sword that plays music. That's... I don't know. XD Ah well, I'll get it anyway, since I'm such a 100%-completion guy.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2017, 10:27:07 PM »
Speaking of completion.... New Ignis Recipeh!!! for the upcoming May 24 update.

Details:
-As per the results of a survey in Taiwan, “Stinky Tofu with a Mellow Flavor” has been added to Ignis’ cuisine.
-The winning photograph in the 2nd Snapshot Contest is displayed at the restaurant in Hammerhead.
-A survey regarding future updates has been added to the title screen. (This survey will end in late June. It can only be answered once, so choose wisely.)
      "Select the content you would most like added to FINAL FANTASY XV. Items that receive many votes may be included in future updates".
      Story content: Ardyn's Past.
      Story content: Lunafreya's Activities.
      Story content: Cor's Activities.
      Story content: the line of Lucis.
      Story content: Ifrit's Betrayal.
      Story content: The World of Ruin.
      Story content: Noctis' Disappearance.
      Playable Character: Cor.
      Playable Character: Aranea.
      Playable Character: Iris.
      Playable Character: Lunafreya.
      Playable Character: Gentiana.
      Additional mode: Hard Difficulty.
      Upgrade: Improved Armiger Abilities.
      Upgrade: New stat-changing magic.
-Fixed a bug that would forcibly close the game when on the Timed Quest rankings screen.
-Fixed various bugs.

Other stuff:
-Square Enix will also hold a web survey regarding free updates, downloadable content, and how they deliver information from May 24 at 16:00 JST to June 7 at 16:00 JST via the game’s official website.
-On May 30, a “Jumper Style” outfit for Noctis will also be released on the PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Marketplace. For pictures, go to the Source

I'm hoping that they give the new outfit for free to season pass holders.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 03:43:56 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Tags: