Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Getting Famicom VC games on an American Wii  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Getting Famicom VC games on an American Wii
« on: July 14, 2017, 05:17:03 PM »
This is something I cant seem to find a good answer for. I've been meaning to finally put CV3 on my wii, but then i remembered the VRC6 thing between the famicom game and the NES game. The japanese VC probably has the Famicom VRC6 game, while the US VC has the NES game.

Outside of just emulating it, (I do have homebrew on my Wii) is there any way to actually download the Famicom game instead of the NES game?

this goes in general too, for Famicom games that might not be on the US VC
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Getting Famicom VC games on an American Wii
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 10:41:04 PM »
Yes, if you download and install the WAD corresponding to the Japanese version.

If there is a game that was never released as VC for Wii you can also try to get it via injection (never did that, but I know its possible to inject a common ROM into a channel of the same system and region, but it seems to need a game compatible, like one that uses the same chip, etc).
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 03:33:29 PM »
Ok then, second question.

know any good spots to get a japanese famicom wad? Because it seems to me that literally nobody on the internet bothers with them. the best I get are PAL ones.

Being an American Akumajo Densetsu fan is suffering
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 11:25:58 PM »
Hmm, it really have been a long time since I searched for WADs, but you can have some luck on torrent sites maybe. Some years ago a lot of good sites that focused on this died or got broken links, but I know torrents still live, try searching for complete packs and downloading only the part you want.

I did a fast search and couldn't find nothing for now, only NTSC-U packs.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 10:29:56 PM »
oh well. it was a good idea on paper at least.

Guess I'll just stick with an emulator like normal people.

Tags:

anything