Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Has anyone eve tried going to Dracula's castle without all 5 body parts in CVII?  (Read 3082 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Theoretically, this should be possible. The only items required to enter the castle are Dracula's ring and the magic cross. But what happens then if you get to the room where Simon burns the body parts? Do you just get stuck and have to reset? 

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
I thought you needed the nail to break the blocks, not the ring.

Any who I can't find any playthroughs which have tried this, however http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Castlevania_II:_Simon%27s_Quest/Dracula%27s_Castle
if you do enter the castle and fall down the first drop after the initial flight of steps, you can't get back up.

I'm trying to recall whether I tried this as a kid. I can't.

If you can enter the room without all the parts, then the whole "Dracula attacks Simon with the fang" doesn't exactly make sense. 
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
It seems you need all five body parts and the magic cross in order to destroy the blocks on the bridge leading to Dracula's castle. Even if you have ring and the nail, nothing happens if you try to destroy them. I'm not sure why specially Dracula's ring is the item that is described as granting entrance to the castle if you actually need all five body parts in order to proceed. Unless I missed something.   

I should mention I made use of a password generator in order to start with all the neccessary items. I'm not sure if that affected anything.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 08:49:25 AM by Nagumo »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I tried to enter Castlevania with only two body parts once. Threw my holy water at the breakable blocks just at the foot of the bridge and nothing. The blocks didn't break.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
It seems you need all five body parts and the magic cross in order to destroy the blocks on the bridge leading to Dracula's castle. Even if you have ring and the nail, nothing happens if you try to destroy them. I'm not sure why specially Dracula's ring is the item that is described as granting entrance to the castle if you actually need all five body parts in order to proceed. Unless I missed something.   

I should mention I made use of a password generator in order to start with all the neccessary items. I'm not sure if that affected anything.

Re: the bridge, you either need to equip the Nail and whip the blocks (referencing the clue saying something like "Dracula's Nail may solve this riddle") or use the holy water. (I've always used holy water, and never even knew the nail was a thing. Which actually doesn't make sense thinking back that if you use HW you don't need the Nail selected, it's only for whipping blocks!! Wtf???)

I suspected there'd be a fail safe that either wouldn't allow the player to collect the cross or access the bridge without all the body parts.

My 2 cents: I'd just like to say that from a narrative perspective, given Simon requires all the body parts and the cross to "see the path" to Dracula's Castle, it's so weird that there's a final body part that Simon doesn't, nay can't collect because it's in the damn throne room... While mediating between narrative and gameplay, it makes no fucking sense!!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
Outside of using a Game Genie code (LOTENP will do high jump but crash game if SWs are used) there may not be anyway of be anyway of doing this. Yet I seem to remember seeing a Youtube video of someone doing it.

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
I've tried it. Don't remember what parts I didn't have but that bitch isn't breaking without all 5 and the cross. I assume simply walking into Drac's room triggers the cutscene and fight, and the wall in front of the bridge was made to keep people away unless they have everything

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards

This. If I remember right some of the blocks can't be destroyed and only disappear when getting all the body parts.
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Tags:

anything