Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Animation Soundtrack Available  (Read 6325 times)

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 02:48:36 PM »
With as successful as it is for season 1, they should certainly have the funds to acquire any necessary license to at least fix the theme to something proper.  I could ALMOST forgive the lack of notable themes throughout the show itself, but the opening title screen should have certainly been something such as Vampire Killer or Beginning.

The current soundtrack just gives me Lords of Shadow PTSD.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2017, 03:00:04 PM »
Trevor Morris, really that's his name?

Come on, that has to be a joke.
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 03:13:12 PM »
Part of me is jokingly wondering whether he was hired because his name is so fitting.  But then again, he's worked on The Tudors and Dragon Age: Inquisition's soundtracks, so those possibly had a hand in that.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 04:02:48 PM »
Part of me is jokingly wondering whether he was hired because his name is so fitting.  But then again, he's worked on The Tudors and Dragon Age: Inquisition's soundtracks, so those possibly had a hand in that.

yeah I know what you mean, But they must have been like  "Ohh man he's going to fit right in here"
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2017, 04:13:22 PM »
The music is so forgettable that I don't imagine a lot of people buying it. Hell, I couldn't even remember what the songs were like some minutes after watching the show.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline BloodyShadowoftheDarkness

• I don't even know how I came up with this name
  • What a horrible night to have a curse...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 06:59:47 PM »
I have to say, I am disappointed with this soundtrack too (like literally 86% of the people here, I assume).
But I'm a little optimistic about it (I say little, because I try to not make huge expectations).

The series is not done yet.
Maybe next season will have some of it.
I hope so, the animation is really good, but sadly the music is not as good.

I can understand if they want to make original music, and that's no problem, but it would be nice to hear some of the game music in it. Or at least a better original soundtrack.
That's no excuse, it's a professional studio, if these fan arranges on YouTube can do it justice, then I bet they can do it too.
Seriously, all of the fan orchestrated versions of Prelude I listened to feel like they could be worked on and used in an animation.
And they could have easily used the more fast paced songs like Beginning, Boss Fight, Aquarius and Mad Forest in intense scenes.

Songs like Nightmare, Destiny, Anxiety, Encounter in dark atmospheric scenes.
And my heart hopes they might use Deja Vu next to the end, and use Overture and Big Battle in the fight with Dracula.
But again, I just said I was try to not bring my expectations too high, but the fact that they could be arranged to fit in perfectly is what bothers me.

It's not only good music in-game, it would fit nicely, it just has to be used correctly, and it's too good not to use!

But well, I'm staying with a clear mind, and just hoping for something better, even if they end up just making original tracks and nothing more.
The morning sun has vanquished the horrible night.

Tags:

anything