Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: If you rewrote the CV story, what would you add or change?  (Read 13646 times)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: If you rewrote the CV story, what would you add or change?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 08:27:14 AM »
fixes : each game story wise would have more deph to their story to clear up plot holes and missing links. i'd restore the timeline to a pre-iga one and have it all worked outt o fit together without dropping any of my games.
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 03:23:00 AM »
I'd start filling up all timeline holes starting at the beginning working my way to the future. Then after the events of 1999 I'd place a game somewhere alter then DOS where soma is old and grey and somehow someone manages the completly resurrect Dracula. (I just think that it would be cool to have a real Dracula fight again)

S10nett

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 09:05:10 AM »
What about the Castle? Is Castlevania the same castle that was owned by Walter? Why is it that the castle can reanimate itself when Dracula does? Does it do it on its own or does Dracula do it?

And exactly how long has Castlevania been in existence if it pre-dates Walter? Who owned it before Bernhard?

I would love to see a game where they start to uncover secrets of the castle itself along with all the other stuff. That would be cool.

D.Lo

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 10:59:42 AM »
To re-write the CV story, I'd go back to 1993 and re-write history so IGA never had anything to do with the series. Then we'd still have masculine male leads rather then pansies, and would never suffer the blot of Metroid clones and cut and paste 3D dungeon crawlers he has ruined the series with.

As for the actual story, it all started to go wrong when Bloodlines tried to add in Bram Stoker (and failed) to what was previously the 'monster movie' version of the Dracula story. So I'd ditch Bloodlines. Should also probabaly ditch the awful LoI story that ruined the Belmont history.

S10nett

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 02:11:44 PM »
You suck dude.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 02:23:29 PM »
Well, actually I'm writing what I mentioned before.... like actually writing.... slow but meh..... I'm writing it. I'll post it up after I finish some parts of it and I'd like to see your comments.

As I said before, its about Sonia.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 02:24:04 PM »
In Reply To #19
I guess you don't have a problem with Legends, then?

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 06:19:32 PM »
Should also probabaly ditch the awful LoI story that ruined the Belmont history.
Sure thing, but kick legends out too. If loi was a shitty way to start the series, legends is an abomination that needs to be put out of its misery. It's not a 'start of the belmont history' material at all.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 11:13:11 PM »
I would...

-Make Curse of Darkness a 2D game, because dammit, it should have been 2D
-Make Curse of Darkness a side-story game
-Remake Legends and the Christopher games, just for the hell of it (not un-retconning Legends, mind you, just making it a better game)
-Add a game for Soleil (and name it Legend of Dracula 3 in Japan)
-Not focus so much on the story, dammit

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 04:44:41 AM »
You know, half the thing you said had like nothing on story just on games >.>

Offline gamegrinder

• Retrois Gamerus
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 12:26:42 PM »
I want ninjas...  lot's and lot's of ninjas ;), that makes every story better :P 

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 01:05:24 PM »
I would...

-Make Curse of Darkness a 2D game, because dammit, it should have been 2D
-Make Curse of Darkness a side-story game
-Remake Legends and the Christopher games, just for the hell of it (not un-retconning Legends, mind you, just making it a better game)
-Add a game for Soleil (and name it Legend of Dracula 3 in Japan)
-Not focus so much on the story, dammit

I think, regarding CoD, they SHOULD'VE made Trevor Mode about his perspective during the game(dual perspective), complete with unique story and unique bosses.

Also, I don't think Dracula SHOULD'VE been the last boss. Because Isaac was a sub-par choice for a vessel, Dracula's fight should've ended with the body giving out and Dracula being sent back to the Abyss. The final boss SHOULD'VE been "Dracula's Curse" made into an Innocent Devil. Hector should've used his Devil Forgemaster powers to pull together all the negative energy of the curse, and transform it into a physical monster(instead of something "harmless"). Then, the final battle would be Hector against the physical manifestation of the Curse. That, IMO, would've been more tied to the actual theme of both the "Curse of Darkness" AND the whole "Devil Forging" idea.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 01:32:29 PM »
Quote from: DragonSlayr81
Also, I don't think Dracula SHOULD'VE been the last boss. Because Isaac was a sub-par choice for a vessel, Dracula's fight should've ended with the body giving out and Dracula being sent back to the Abyss. The final boss SHOULD'VE been "Dracula's Curse" made into an Innocent Devil. Hector should've used his Devil Forgemaster powers to pull together all the negative energy of the curse, and transform it into a physical monster(instead of something "harmless"). Then, the final battle would be Hector against the physical manifestation of the Curse. That, IMO, would've been more tied to the actual theme of both the "Curse of Darkness" AND the whole "Devil Forging" idea.

That actually sounds pretty cool, I never thought of it like that.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 01:50:16 PM »
I'd say pirates... but weve already got one don't we?

As for Curse fo Darkness. I actually didn't like teh game's idea much. The whole Devil forger thing seems so stupid especially when they are never ever brought back at all. Not even a mention or anything in the games before or after it. Not to mention the fact that Dracula's own minion owned him so  badly that he'll have to limp for a century or two. The two Devil forgers were so over powering, atleast thats how game made them.

EDIT: And I shuold say, I hate how Devil Forger was implemented, the actual idea .... wasn't too bad, it can be worked with...maybe.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 02:05:46 PM by Kale »

VoDkA

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2007, 11:51:27 AM »
I'd say pirates... but weve already got one don't we?

And that pirate would be...who, exactly?  I know you're not talking about Grant, because Grant wasn't a pirate.  Ever.  In any continuity.  And to refer to Grant as such would only reveal your ignorance of Castlevania and its history.

Tags: