Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: If you rewrote the CV story, what would you add or change?  (Read 13666 times)

Offline victor_cardigan

• DoomGate
    • Awards
Re: If you rewrote the CV story, what would you add or change?
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2007, 10:15:08 AM »
And that pirate would be...who, exactly? I know you're not talking about Grant, because Grant wasn't a pirate. Ever. In any continuity. And to refer to Grant as such would only reveal your ignorance of Castlevania and its history.

Doesn't the manual in CVIII specifically say Grant Danasty is a pirate?

Personally, I would just add more details to each game's story. I know there are some who don't care much for story, but I've found that a good story adds to the enjoyment of the game. I've always thought CV has potential to make a good story.

Specifically what I would do is I'd link the rebirth process seen in LoD to the reincarnation seen in AoS. "Dracula" can take on a new body when his current one wears out. Also perhaps develop the idea that Dracula is a force of nature rather than a specific person (Mathias, Malus, Soma). In other words a person can become Dracula, likely by fusing the Crimson (?) Stone to one's soul. The soul then takes possesion of the body. Something along those lines.

I agree with what someone said before that there should be a level of drama when facing certain foes like Death. I mean it is Death. That said I would make it clear what Death and Drac's connection is. What purpose does Death serve? Is there a Devil in the CV universe? Do they all serve him or is Drac the devil? Overall I think the motivation of Dracula and Death should be made a little clearer. They are after all the only recurring characters who appear in every game and yet we know very little about them.

The last thing that comes to mind is that CV really needs more vampires. Dracula is Lord of the Vampires and yet we see very few around. Belmont's hunt vampires yet aside from CV64, we don't really see them killing vampires aside from Dracula. Dracula's role as leader of the undead really should be expanded upon. I also think vampires as an enemy in the game would make a good addition.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: If you rewrote the CV story, what would you add or change?
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2007, 12:58:49 PM »
Grant was NEVER a pirate. He was member of Wallachia's rebellion movement. A freedom fighter. Y'know, the villagers who actually banded together to try and stop Dracula, rather than running away. Grant was one of many who joined this movement, but the rebel fighters were pretty much wasted by Dracula's forces. Those that weren't slaughtered were transformed into monsters(like Grant). Grant's suposed to have deep ties to the community, which is why IGA states that he's helping to rebuild the towns during CoD. That's pretty much what those types of guys(freedom fighters, fighters for the people) would do.

Tags:

anything