Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anyone here familiar with RPG Stars?  (Read 5063 times)

Offline gamegrinder

• Retrois Gamerus
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Anyone here familiar with RPG Stars?
« on: September 21, 2007, 11:08:33 AM »
Someone was telling me about this website called RPG Stars that was about different RPGs by Konami.  I guess the site no longer exists but is anybody here familiar with that?  Did it have any good Castlevania coverage?

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 03:23:46 AM »
I dunno do you have more information on it?

Offline gamegrinder

• Retrois Gamerus
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Anyone here familiar with RPG Stars?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 10:48:41 AM »
In Reply To #2

Nope, that's why I was asking you guys  ;D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 12:43:40 PM »
Never heard of it. Sorry pal

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 05:01:40 PM »
I know what it is. It was a website created for certain Konami RPGs like their Ys game. I remember because I signed up for it. It allowed people to gain points to get prizes (games, DS, gift card for Gamestop...etc.) Now when I was signed up there, it never did cover any CV games period. But I do know is that fans of the CV series where there.

Offline gamegrinder

• Retrois Gamerus
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Anyone here familiar with RPG Stars?
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 08:36:08 PM »
I know what it is. It was a website created for certain Konami RPGs like their Ys game. I remember because I signed up for it. It allowed people to gain points to get prizes (games, DS, gift card for Gamestop...etc.) Now when I was signed up there, it never did cover any CV games period. But I do know is that fans of the CV series where there.
Oh, you were a member?  Was it cool?  I heard the activities were kinda nifty.  Do you think that we should be pushing for that kind of thing on a Castlevania fansite?

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 09:57:10 PM »
Well tbh, it wasn't really what it was crooked out to be. It was fun for the first time, but to get like 600 points for doing stupid things really wasn't a good thing for me. That's just my statement. But as for CV fansites pushing to have points for prizes and stuff? I really don't think it should or will happen. CV is popular, but not popular enough. It isn't like FF or anything.

But it happens man.

Tags:

anything