Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What exactly IS the Vampire Killer?  (Read 19040 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 06:59:05 AM »
It was called the Vampire Killer in Castlevania Bloodlines.

Owned.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 09:38:09 AM »
*snip*
Her 3D model was absolutely horrible too. Leon, you have horrible taste.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 10:52:56 AM »
"Poltergeist King" never was the case, never made official by Konami. So the whip never had an "established origin" prior to IGA.

I'm aware that there never was a poltergeist king. I was just one of those american translations that got stuck in our minds for who-knows how many years.

Hey X I heard IGA doesn't like the letter X. Doesn't that get you hot?

I wonder if I should become Vlad IV- WORLDS WILL PAY!!! *A-hem* 'scuse me...

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 02:54:03 PM »
The Poltergeist King was also included in the Captain N cartoon I believe

but ne way here is another totally kawaii picture of Sara Trantoul!!!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 11:37:06 PM »
Sara Trantoul's character art is okay. But she looked way too asian in the game itself. It was not a good translation.

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: What exactly IS the Vampire Killer?
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 11:17:10 AM »
It was called the Vampire Killer in Castlevania Bloodlines.

Absolutely. But the Vampire Killer plot is such a stupid plot !

I prefer the Legends theory, which explains that Belmont's ability is to fight with whips, no a specific whip. Sonia learned to use a whip with her grandfather, it clearly prooves there is not only 1 whip but many whips !

The whip alone isn't the key for fighting the evil forces

--> it's the Belmont's supernatural and strong fighting abilities !

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 12:44:49 PM »
Vampire Killer be darned.

It's all about the Hunter's Whip.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 06:35:04 PM »
Absolutely. But the Vampire Killer plot is such a stupid plot !

I prefer the Legends theory, which explains that Belmont's ability is to fight with whips, no a specific whip. Sonia learned to use a whip with her grandfather, it clearly prooves there is not only 1 whip but many whips !

The whip alone isn't the key for fighting the evil forces

--> it's the Belmont's supernatural and strong fighting abilities !

That actually doesn't prove anything of the sort. It lends no credit to your argument at all really.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 11:11:30 PM »
It's not like the Belmonts aren't super strong without a whip either.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 12:02:17 AM »
That actually doesn't prove anything of the sort. It lends no credit to your argument at all really.

Actually I also thought that this was the case. Eversince playing my first CV game back in the late 80's (CV2) I had always assumed that the whip or weapons drew their strength from the wielder (Belmont). But I also believed that the "Mystic whip" also had some form of power all on it's own, but when used by a Belmont, it's power maxed out.

-X

Offline bucky

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 11:03:13 PM »
The Vampire Killer? It's a miserable pile of secrets.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 07:30:37 AM »
The Vampire Killer is a magical whip containing the soul of one of the best Ayami Kojima-designed characters in the series

even though that only gets mentioned once since it's a huge retcon.

Not really a huge one. Actually, the backstory of SQ contains a mysterious ghost lady who might very well be Sara.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 07:39:51 AM »
Heh, funny that you also laid that connection.   

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 11:03:43 AM »
A chain whip with magical/alchemical properties that can change it's shape/form. That's how I've always seen it.

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 04:33:46 PM »

Yo

How can you explain both Christopher and Soleiyu fight each other with a whip ? Both are using the Vampire Killer, maybe ? What's the hell....

Just play old games, and you'll see that the Belmonts are using many whips during their journeys to Dracula : Chain Whip, Leather Whip, MorningStar, Flame Whip, etc etc....

And the Belmont's main weapon has been called the Mystic Whip so many times...

Belmont's ability is to fight with whips, just think a little more, for one time.

All the Igarashi's LOI' Vampire Killer story is a stupid plot for kids. Definitely.

Tags: