Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I've always wondered...  (Read 10217 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 10:56:14 PM »
Drafted?

Forced into military service. Pretty common during major wars. Looks like it's already been explained how/why both generations avoided it though.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 11:42:25 PM »
But Judgement isn't canon to the main timeline though, at least not last I heard. IGA might have said they were related but I don't think Judgement can be counted on for such things since so many other elements were altered for it.

And you'd be right. Judgment in not cannon, it simply is it's own odd-ball entry into the series. However I do believe that even before Judgment was made IGA had already decided that Eric was of Belmont decent. There would have to be some sort of connection to the family since Alucard made a magical spear for him to wield. Why Eric Lecarde and not someone else? And I always believed that while John Morris was battling Dracula, Eric was avenging his fallen love by taking on Bartly at that same time (story-wise mind you). In my mind, Belmont or not, he doesn't fight Dracula, even though it happens in-game.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2014, 02:26:52 AM »
What do you mean maybe;D

Hehehehe. Cuz it is not just exclusive to the male Belmonts, right? wink wink ~♥
I'm still shipping him with Lyudmil.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2014, 05:33:09 AM »
I'm pretty sure elements from Judgment are supposed to be canon.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2014, 07:29:13 AM »
Forced into military service. Pretty common during major wars. Looks like it's already been explained how/why both generations avoided it though.

Thanks, I've searched some time for it and had found something, but even so thanks.

I'm pretty sure elements from Judgment are supposed to be canon.

It is a cat box Nagumo, we can't prove that it is or isn't canon. It connects very well with another games, but also shows some characters acting weird like "Maria's quest for bigger boobs".
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2014, 10:14:17 AM »
That and Grant looking like a mummy and having feelings for Sypha which was NOT in the original CV III story at all.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2014, 10:29:35 AM »
Judgement's events may not be canon, but the characterizations are meant to be sourced by the canon. You can definitely use this as insight to their character. I think this mostly lines up, with the exception of Maria's perhaps. I think Maria's was pretty much a sell out tossin.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2014, 10:44:30 AM »
I think that's kind of an odd reasoning. Since the game without any ambiguity is supposed to tie into the timeline that IGA created, featuring the same characters and referencing storylines that are related to that continuity, why would Judgment specifically has to proof its canonity? The other way around makes more sense in this case. Characters acting out of character is subjective. I think they were trying to make Maria be cute again like she was in Rondo but failed horribly.     

That and Grant looking like a mummy and having feelings for Sypha which was NOT in the original CV III story at all.

I don't neccesairly approve of some of the writing, but all these things came from the guy who was in charge of the canon, so I don't think it matters none of it was ever in the original games.

anything