Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow- could it be a Castlevania?  (Read 4388 times)

Offline justin312

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Lords of Shadow- could it be a Castlevania?
« on: December 06, 2008, 05:23:02 PM »
Anyone think that Lords of Shadow might end up being a Castlevania game?  We don't have much info on it, but from the little that they have shown it looks incredibly similar.  Anyone know anything more about it beyond what's out on the launch site?

Offline fallenangel86

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Re: Lords of Shadow- could it be a Castlevania?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 05:29:22 PM »
no, but it might have to potential to show what a 3d castlevania could/should be.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 05:31:01 PM »
In Reply To #1

It looks like what CV oughtta be. :P
My opinion, though.
Also, welcome to the Forums.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline justin312

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 05:51:49 PM »
It just seems like everything fits.  The video, the enemies and setting described in the synopsis, the picture of the hero walking up a mountain towards a castle... even the burning candle on the launch site page.  It just looks to me like they are teasing CV fans with hints.  Maybe just wishful thinking though.  But hopefully you're right, even if it doesn't end up having the Castlevania name, maybe this will be what a 3D CV should be.

Offline paletteswapmonster

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 08:05:56 PM »
It's not a Castlevania game. There's already a PS3/360 game in production.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 02:43:05 PM »
I have a theory that LoS might be an attempt to appeal to fans of the more action-based CV games, while Castlevania proper will remain more of an action RPG. Don't ask me how I've assumed this from the small bits we've seen, but that's what I think.

All I can say is, I'm saying a prayer: "Please God, don't let this be shitty."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 04:51:51 PM »
I WISH it was castlevania...

Offline justin312

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 05:07:52 PM »
I think it was probably a western development team's take on a 3D version of the classic Castlevania games.  Maybe it was originally pitched as a CV, but for some reason or other they decided to change the name and not include it as part of the series.  Maybe they didn't want to step on Iga's toes and make him unhappy by handing creative control over to another team (because they still need him to crank out DS games).  Or maybe the new team wanted to do a CV, but also tell their own story within the game, and it would have been too difficult to try and fit their story into the convoluted, jumbled continuity of the series, so they decided to start from scratch with a totally different characters.

I know, lot of speculation.  But anyway, here's hoping they finally get 3D Castlevania right with LoS (even if its not Dracula vs Belmonts...)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 05:23:10 PM »
The guy has Simon's armor, a flaming whip and a cross weapon.

But no. I don't think so. I can't think of a reason why they would keep the fact it's a CV a secret.

Offline mistressalucard

• Diva
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Magical Diva
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Moonlit Path
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 08:19:52 PM »
I'd love for it to be a Castlevania title, it looks amazing and I can hardly wait to play it.

I wondering if someone pitched it and it just didn't make the cut for a Castlevania game, but they didn't want to shelve it.
---
Lady A

Trevor Belmont Fan

Tags:

anything