Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CoD manga volume 3?  (Read 4332 times)

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
CoD manga volume 3?
« on: February 11, 2009, 01:08:41 PM »
I just bought volume 2 of the CoD manga and when I finished reading it, I notice that the author had written an epilogue and at the end of it, he said "see you in book 3".

Does that mean that there will be a third volume of the manga?  If so, when will it be released in the US?
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 02:42:25 PM »
Yes, I think so. Still, the story wasn't very cleared in the vol. 2

Everything comes full circle

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 04:22:29 PM »
I think there were only ever the 2 released, I don't think it went any farther than that, but I could be wrong
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Re: CoD manga volume 3?
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 08:18:04 PM »
There's just the two.

I'm sure the writer had a third issue ready, and maybe it was even drawn, but it never saw print.

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 08:27:23 PM »
There's just the two.

I'm sure the writer had a third issue ready, and maybe it was even drawn, but it never saw print.
Yeah, it could still be in development.  Even if it isn't, I would think that there would have to be a third one.  The end of the second one seems like there is more to tell.

Offline Bizarro Belmont

• WHAT?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 08:49:37 AM »
I haven't read either one and just wonder if they're worth my time. I feel all kiddy but I've been buying the Zelda mangas, which are fantastic.

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 10:01:36 AM »
I haven't read either one and just wonder if they're worth my time. I feel all kiddy but I've been buying the Zelda mangas, which are fantastic.
The CoD manga is good if you liked the storyline of the game.

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 10:10:11 AM »
I bought the first one, the art is nice but I wont be buying any further volumes thnks to the "story".
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Dracula Cruz

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 10:30:50 AM »
I didn't really see the most positive of reviews of the CoD mangas on Amazon...but don't take my word for it. If you like it, I'm not meaning to offend, I'm just telling what I saw.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 07:57:48 PM »
I swear I saw a cover for a 3rd volume of the manga with Trevor on it.

Of course now I can't find it.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 11:45:03 PM »
In Reply To #10

You mean this?

They already made the cover for the 3rd volume but since the manga got cancelled it was never published.

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 01:50:31 PM »
The manga was canceled.  Why?  I thought that it was great.  Besides, it was suppose to fill in some of the blanks in the CoD storyline.  Volume 2 of the manga only answers some of the blanks.  There are still some answered questions.  For example, how does Hector find out that Issac is behind Roselee's (spelling) death.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 11:50:37 AM »
In Reply To #12

It probably wasn't well received in Japan. They may continue the manga and release it only in North america  but I doubt it since it already got canceled three years ago.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:52:42 AM by Nagumo »

Tags: