Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Harmony of Despair (The next Castlevania game?)  (Read 688177 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Harmony of Despair (The next Castlevania game?)
« Reply #960 on: August 07, 2010, 09:23:11 AM »
I still paid for Bass and the extra stages though. That must be the Megaman fanboy in me. They were all in the game from the start, and the DLC did absolutely nothing but unlock the option in the menu. That said, at least Megaman 10 was a new game, without reusing stage bits from the other Megaman games.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #961 on: August 07, 2010, 09:53:11 AM »
Are you fucking serious?

Nerds like you make me lol. Why are you so damn bitter? If you don't like it then gtfo this topic, quit being angry, go outdoors and quit complaining.

Maybe he's bitter at Iga for fucking up the series.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #962 on: August 07, 2010, 02:29:10 PM »
Digging around I found Julius' English sound files. Upon listening I noticed something interesting.

Julius saying the names of the playables characters, which also included "Richter!" "Yoko!" "Simon!" and what sounds like "Hammer!" are all voice clips along with all the known playable characters, including Maria.

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #963 on: August 07, 2010, 02:33:37 PM »
Digging around I found Julius' English sound files. Upon listening I noticed something interesting.

Julius saying the names of the playables characters, which also included "Richter!" "Yoko!" "Simon!" and what sounds like "Hammer!" are all voice clips along with all the known playable characters, including Maria.

If thats the case then maybe hopefully we will get to see Simon again, hopefully with a redesigned sprite.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #964 on: August 07, 2010, 02:37:38 PM »
Yeah, but it'll likely be some reused form. Possibly with new frames like Julius had.

Also, this sorta reminds me of the rumor that Hammer was going to be included into DoS Julius mode but they ran out of time. Could we see a long lost sprite sheet of playable hammer?

EDIT NOTE: In case you're wondering "well, aren't their sprites in there then?" I apologize that I made a mistake earlier, and that Julius and Maria, along with the stage, are not actually included into the main download of HD, and are actually separate DLC specific downloads. The DLC files contain the added content, and it is NOT present within the original download. I merely extracted them to the same location by mistake. Again, sorry for the confusion.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 02:40:50 PM by uzo »

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #965 on: August 07, 2010, 02:42:52 PM »
Yeah, but it'll likely be some reused form. Possibly with new frames like Julius had.

Also, this sorta reminds me of the rumor that Hammer was going to be included into DoS Julius mode but they ran out of time. Could we see a long lost sprite sheet of playable hammer?

As long as Hammers gameplay is similar to that of contra Ill be happy with him in the game lol.

Who knows maybe IGA will surprise us and give Simon a new sprite sheet maybe similar to how he appeared in Portrait of Ruin during that super whip attack ol jonny used even though it was just an image of him swinging his whip but I certainly doubt it.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #966 on: August 07, 2010, 02:43:30 PM »
Oh that's interesting, if only for Hammer.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #967 on: August 07, 2010, 02:45:33 PM »
Maria also has samples like this, adding in Japanese suffixes for her Japanese voice actress when she says player names. It really is a voice clip of her saying Hammer. She says what sounds like "hamma-ojichan".

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #968 on: August 07, 2010, 02:46:50 PM »
Maria also has samples like this, adding in Japanese suffixes for her Japanese voice actress. It really is a voice clip of her saying Hammer. She says what sounds like "hamma-ojichan".

Is there one of her praising the development of Charlotte breasts and how she cant wait to have a pair like hers?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #969 on: August 07, 2010, 03:31:36 PM »
Nope. She does sing the first few notes of Bloody Tears though.

Everyone seems to have a sample for "Demonic Megido" too. Weird. A dual attack perhaps?

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #970 on: August 07, 2010, 03:38:57 PM »
Nope. She does sing the first few notes of Bloody Tears though.

Everyone seems to have a sample for "Demonic Megido" too. Weird. A dual attack perhaps?

Now thats odd thats dracs big super attack.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #971 on: August 07, 2010, 05:34:27 PM »
It's actually Demonic Gotcha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G44IeDsPH8Y

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #972 on: August 07, 2010, 09:58:01 PM »
It's Demonic Lakitu.

Now get it right or pay the price.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #973 on: August 07, 2010, 10:38:45 PM »
hey uzo what tools are you usin to use the files correctly?

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #974 on: August 08, 2010, 02:51:31 AM »
If thats the case then maybe hopefully we will get to see Simon again, hopefully with a redesigned sprite.

They could easily use the Chronicles sprites, and it would fit right in. I would love to see this, especially if Simon somehow had new moves, but I'm not holding my breath (especially considering what's already been revealed).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:55:01 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags:

anything