Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dark Souls Announcement Trailer  (Read 9081 times)

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« on: February 02, 2011, 04:15:29 PM »
Holy fuck! This is going to be good..
http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/dark-souls-gets-official-announcement

I hope at least some of you played Demon's Souls? It is hard as fuck, but thick with mood, CV'ish at times..

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 04:30:25 PM »
this is basically the castlevania i want to follow now

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 04:44:56 PM »
pick up Demon's Souls. Its only on PS3. But nothing is better in terms of action RPG.

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 05:09:50 PM »
I play...ed.... demon souls. Good game, but lots of annoyances and enemies that hit way too strong. It wouldn't be too bad if you could more easily change the alignment but you are too limited... so it annoyed me after a while that I quit.

It's somewhat hard... but a lot easier than people seem to think.
EDIT: That said... i hope this game improves on it. Like being able to pause, cuz playing at work.... sucks without it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 05:17:11 PM by Kale »

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 06:29:08 PM »
What's demon souls?
and how is it like castlevania?

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 06:37:42 PM »
watch videos, you will see.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 06:50:52 PM »
What's demon souls?
and how is it like castlevania?

A very dark game, with limited motion. Demon souls also have some crazy instant death platforming.

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Dark Souls Announcement Trailer
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 12:51:50 PM »
Very nice, I'm quite excited for this as I don't have PS so didn't get to play Demon Souls. I do have 360 though and this one is for both! Hopefully it's not as hard as I hear Demon Souls is. Call me a skill-less gamer, but I'd rather scream less at my television!

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 12:13:55 PM »
Demons Souls is SOOO HARD! I hear it's becuase the devs were hardcore, plus, they didnt have time to QA the game with average gamers.. but this next game should fix that :)

Offline Mr.Bushido

• Vampire Hunter
  • I'm the insect woman
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 12:29:56 PM »
they just said that the sequel will increase the difficulty  :o

http://ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/demons-souls/1147078p1.html

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 02:49:53 PM »
they just said that the sequel will increase the difficulty  :o

http://ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/demons-souls/1147078p1.html
I can't wait for this! Demon's Souls was awesome good!
...And yes Dark Souls will be harder than Demon's Souls.  Q&A with the games' director: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/02/04/dark-souls-qa-variety-is-the-spice-of-death/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dark_souls-qa_020411

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 08:56:20 PM »
That sucks, I don't want to throw my controller through my tv! Why can't they have different difficulty levels like most games?

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 09:24:23 PM »
^The game does. You have to adjust it with gameplay though. Like I mentioned though, it is limited to get the easier game. Of course, if you're good enough to farm in the harder side, you can get stronger much easier. ...... It's too bad I dont' have the patience for it. Been trying to move on in shrine of storms under pure black conditions. Kept on getting killed by laser beams.

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 11:30:26 PM »
I too am looking forward to this game. I recently got into Demon's Souls and this looks incredible to say the least. A few of my buds are pissed that it's no longer PS3 exclusive but honestly, I could care less and hey now more people will get to play it and experience a possibly great experience. Plus they said that they are going to make it more open ended than Demon's Souls, which I would like to see.
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Tags: