Poll

Should IGA finally make this game for the 3DS?

Yes
41 (75.9%)
No
5 (9.3%)
I don't know, my mind was recently violated by a dark priest.
8 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Demon Castle War, aka the infamous 1999 game.  (Read 45851 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
The Demon Castle War, aka the infamous 1999 game.
« on: March 30, 2011, 10:46:59 PM »
http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Demon_Castle_War

The infamous 1999 game where Julius Belmont finally destroys Dracula once and for all and ends the long 25 year continuity for this series.

Do you want this game? Do you think IGA should finally make it, or would you rather not see it happen?

I am all for this game to become a reality, it would be the perfect Castlevania launch title for the 3DS. If not a launch title, it should definitely happen sometime during the 3DS's lifespan.

The question though for those who do want to see it happen, would you rather it be a ClassicVania, or a MetroidVania?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:49:43 PM by OSM »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: The Demon Castle War, aka the infamous 1999 game.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 11:02:51 PM »
LOL this is a real no-brainer question  wouldn't matter if it's classic or metroid, or blend or both

But the real question should be, what if it sucks? THEN WHAT WILL EVERYBODY HAVE TO SAY

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 11:05:01 PM »
Of course we want to see it be it Metroidvania or Classicvania, but WILL we see it?

Hell no is the answer.
But the real question should be, what if it sucks? THEN WHAT WILL EVERYBODY HAVE TO SAY

The climactic battle between Dracula and the Belmont clan sucking? No way, it's gonna have helicopters, gunfight's John Woo slo mo, explosions everywhere, strip club's with succubus strippers in it, vampire booty shaking, Nolan North and Johnny Young Bosh and John Cena doing voice acting, and the soundtrack will be provided by Yamane and The Neptunes! With a special performance at the end of the game by Lil B the Based God!

This will be the greatest most swagged out Castlevania game ever. Ever. EVERRRRRRR!!!!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 11:21:34 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 11:40:13 PM »
Complete and utter disappointment, and then we all move on and wait for the next best or worst thing.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 11:57:18 PM »
Never gonna happen, and you all know it deep down inside.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 06:37:26 AM »
Never gonna happen, and you all know it deep down inside.
Because..?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 06:46:39 AM »
They should make it for Tiger Handhelds.  :)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 07:30:32 AM »
Because..?

I think for one, IGA had nearly a decade to make the 1999 game and had many many opprotunities to do so. Instead he's done nothing but make filler side stories that people, for the most part, couldn't care less about.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 08:15:12 AM »
If it's being made by IGA, there's no way it could live up to our expectations. I mean, yeah you know the man.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 08:17:28 AM »
First of all, as others have already stated, Iga has already had many chances to tell his story, buy opted to create stupid ass story lines instead. He's a horrible story teller and I hope he never returns to the series. Any story he comes up with will pale in comparison to our imaginations.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 08:22:38 AM »
Oh, u so mad...

My asnwer is yes, I want to see it. I was thinking if they can make it Classicvania + Metroidvania at same time...

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 10:00:57 AM »
Yes, I want such a game.  It should be sort of like a combination between metroidvania and classicvania.  No leveling up, stage by stage, but hidden power ups like life max ups and equipment.  Sort of like LoS, but with no shimmying.  We should also be able to play as everyone involved (Alucard, Julius, etc.) but everyone with their own stories that fit together to create one big cohesive one.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 10:16:23 AM »
I would like the Demon Castle Wars comes to the 3DS, because it s a handheld, and IGAs handhelds are better than consoles ones. The main reason that I consider IGA must make 1999 game is that he state first the idea. We already know some of the plot, but not the Julius-Dracula final fight. Arikaido (Alucard) and Yoko (Shypha s descendant) appereance must be explain too. For that reason I think IGA should make the Demon Castle Wars game...

...But, with the new Lords of Shadow, new CV gamers and maybe the old ones, will probably get confused with the Demon Castle War plot. We will need to play again Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow to understand, maybe, better. In the worst of the case, IGA will launch a 3DS version of both Aria and Dawn, before Demon Castle Wars (for merchadise purpouse, I believe).

But, if tradition is correct, we will have a portable Castlevania in 3DS. Will be the 1999 one? I dont care that much. I only want a new 2D (or 2.5D Castlevania game!!!!).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:17:57 AM by Mike Belmont »
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 10:19:03 AM »
A 1999 game? Staring Julius, Alucard (certainely), maybe an old Jonathan/Charlotte, a time traveler like St Germain? With the most climatic story of all CV's? HELL YES.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 10:22:59 AM »
I would love to see it.

By IGA ofcourse not by Cox who I'm sure would try to pull some sort of lame story twist at the end lol.

I honestly would not mind it being a 2.5d metroidvania game for the 3DS which I think would be a great fit for such a game.

Also as far as story goes I would like for it to include many characters especially Alucard ofcourse. I still want Julius to be the lead hero and character (obviously) but fitting Alucard somewhere into the story where you get a chance to play with him through parts of the castle would be pretty nice.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Tags: