Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Voice Actors of the Series  (Read 9413 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« on: June 24, 2011, 08:49:24 PM »
I'm a voice actor and know of s**tloads of voice actors. So sometimes people would come to me asking who voice actors were.

I noticed some people here on the Dungeon don't know a few of the voice actors in the series, and a few people asked me a while back about the actors. So I figured, why not post a full list on here of the ones I know?

I know most of them. If any are missing or mis-credited, please let me know.
Usually if a character or role is missing, it means I don't know the actor. Regardless, still let me know.

(click to show/hide)
Cuz it's a long list.

Well, enjoy. ^^
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:58:02 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 09:11:57 PM »
Dracula is voiced by Jōji Nakata in Judgment's Japanese release, not Norio Wakamoto as is usual.

No idea who does the English voice, but Pan in Lords of Shadow is voiced by Akio Ōtsuka in Japanese.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:15:55 PM by Puwexil »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 09:20:49 PM »
Good thread. Nice info to have.

However, even though some listings are "obvious" and thus not labeled for the game, I'd still say for completeness they should be listed anyway. Easier for those who don't remember or know all the games and character appearances as well.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 09:25:45 PM »
Dracula is voiced by Jōji Nakata in Judgment's Japanese release, not Norio Wakamoto as is usual.

No idea who does the English voice, but Pan in Lords of Shadow is voiced by Akio Ōtsuka in Japanese.

You sure? Drac's on Norio's resume for Judgment.

Good thread. Nice info to have.

However, even though some listings are "obvious" and thus not labeled for the game, I'd still say for completeness they should be listed anyway. Easier for those who don't remember or know all the games and character appearances as well.

I didn't put all of them on here, as I don't know a lot of them. I still have yet to put the Japanese specific characters, though (AoS/DoS, NoR, etc.), or LoS. I'll do that when I have time.

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 09:57:46 PM »
Wherever you're getting that from is wrong, then. It's Nakata, hear him here at 2:48 or so.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 10:01:48 PM »
Alright, I fixed that one up.
I did notice he was missing that distinguished voice in Judgment. Guess it's not Norio.

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 10:18:42 PM »
It's not like Nakata's without the suitable credentials, so it's not bad as far as casting goes.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 10:21:17 PM »
Well, I meant not as distinguished as Norio. Nakata sounds pretty cool as Drac, though.

Offline DingusBelmondo

• Mysterious Stranger
  • Vampire Hunter
  • "Is this your wife? What a lovely throat!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 12:03:15 AM »
Query. Is there any game where a character actually says the name "dracula" out loud? I want to use it for a sample in an electro song.
Go. Set Forth! Both your own life and hers are at stake.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 12:37:09 AM »
Query. Is there any game where a character actually says the name "dracula" out loud? I want to use it for a sample in an electro song.

ALUCARD: "Dracula! In the name of my mother, I will defeat you again!" (SotN)
ALUCARD: "Why is a Belmont planning the resurrection of Count Dracula?!" (SotN)
SHAFT: "The resurrection of Count Dracula is at hand! Hahahaha!" (SotN)
RICHTER: "Dracula rises but once every century, and my role is over." (SotN)
RICHTER: "Dracula rises once every century, one chance for each Belmont to shine." (SotN-PSP)
SUCCUBUS: "You're the son of Lord Dracula!" (SotN)
RICHTER: "Dracula! Die now and leave this world, you'll never belong here!" (DXC)
HECTOR: "Lord Dracula... you are reborn!" (CoD)
ISAAC: "Lord Dracula is gone. But his power still remains here in Valachia." (CoD)
BARLOWE: "LORD DRACULA!!!!!!!!!!" (OoE)

And there's plenty more, good sir.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 06:39:29 AM »
One question: who voiced Dracula in the CV64?
I've heard it was the same voice actor as in SOTN, but I am not sure about this.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 09:25:30 AM »
One question: who voiced Dracula in the CV64?
I've heard it was the same voice actor as in SOTN, but I am not sure about this.

I'm not quite sure. He's not listed anywhere, but I know he's in the credits to the game. I'll look it up sometime.

And Drac's SotN actor is the narrator to the the N64 games, so I'm not sure about his role as Dracula.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 06:41:29 PM »
And Drac's SotN actor is the narrator to the the N64 games, so I'm not sure about his role as Dracula.
As far as I can say "Narrator" and Dracula have the same voice in the game. So if it is the case that means that SOTN Dracula's voice is also the voice of CV64 Dracula.
If it is indeed true, than I baffled how good his perfomance was in CV64 and how bad (funny) his acting was in SOTN.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 09:56:08 PM »
As far as I can say "Narrator" and Dracula have the same voice in the game. So if it is the case that means that SOTN Dracula's voice is also the voice of CV64 Dracula.
If it is indeed true, than I baffled how good his perfomance was in CV64 and how bad (funny) his acting was in SOTN.

No online sources say it was Scott McCulloch who voiced Dracula. Check to see if YouTube has any videos with the credits included.

If not, I'll just use Project64 to hack my way to the end of the game and beat it, just to check.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 12:40:39 PM »
I don't know who voiced who in CV64 - my observations based on the fact that Dracula and Narrator voices sounds really similar, if not completely the same.

Tags: