Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Return of Egypt, aka "MosesVania"  (Read 7049 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« on: November 01, 2011, 08:32:06 PM »
Has anybody else played this game? It's a freeware Metroidvania game where you play as a Moses-type character named Lanier Gadishu. Instead of taking place in Dracula's Castle, it's in an Egyptian temple, and all the undead enemies are ancient Egyptian-themed. It's actually a very well-made game, and the music and graphics are pretty impressive.

The major flaw is that there is no English translation or patch- it's all in Japanese. I guess as long as you're not too concerned over the story, it's still a great game. I think there's a few walkthroughs on Youtube on it as well.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/forums/topic/6110 This site translates the prologue and save room options, as well as the download link. I recommend it. I kind of wish PoR's Egyptian stages were along the lines of this game.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 12:06:57 AM »
Yep, I know this game. Very good. Very solid. My only gripe is that I can't get to the final area even though I've killed all the bosses except the primary antagonist. I think the most toughest boss fight was against Anubis. Took me forever just to figure out a way to kill him and not take so much damage in the process. The difficulty factor is only added to the fact that I had to play this game without a controller  :P Why don't these geniuses add in button configurations and controller options? The games would be much more enjoyable if they did.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Return of Egypt, aka "MosesVania"
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 06:06:48 AM »
Use JoyToKey to program your keyboard input to your controller.  I used it on the CV2 Revamped game which has no controller support, and it worked great.  I'm glad someone turned me on to it.  By using that program, basically every game has controller support.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 09:17:31 AM »
joytokey is lame... get Xpadder. Its THE controller to standard input program. You can set up pretty much anything you can think of in it. Its the key component in how I can play WoW with a 360 controller

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 09:41:02 AM »
Logitech's gamepoads now come with a controller-to-keyboard translator software too. Haven't messed around with it much but it doesn't look that bad. Was more complete than joy2key, it seemed.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 10:29:35 AM »
I tried using JoyToKey once, but my computer wouldn't recognize it. That Xpadder is new to me though. I'll give it a shot and see.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Return of Egypt, aka "MosesVania"
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 10:45:52 AM »
Logitech's gamepoads now come with a controller-to-keyboard translator software too. Haven't messed around with it much but it doesn't look that bad. Was more complete than joy2key, it seemed.

For some reason, I can't get my logitech software to recognize my controller.  I know it's connected properly because it works just fine on games, but when I open the software it says that it can't detect any devices, even though the model number is on the list of compatible devices.  strange.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 08:39:14 PM »
again... Xpadder!

Its the ONLY joystick software you need

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 10:01:20 PM »
I remember seeing one trailer that showcased the younger brown-haired guy as a playable character, along with new bosses and areas and whatnot. And then it disappeared forever.  >:(

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 03:14:28 PM »
I remember thernz tried to find that newer release, but i guess it really disappeared.

Tags: