Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: NOTE + New Fan Stuff RULE: Read before posting  (Read 98132 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
NOTE + New Fan Stuff RULE: Read before posting
« on: February 08, 2008, 02:30:06 PM »
A minimum of three original posts in any of the other forums is required before one can post fan stuff here.

This is done in order to prevent spambots from posting here.  As a side-effect, newbies (people with the 'newbie' status) cannot post up any stuff until they've mingled in the other forums.

You can also make a post in CV General Discussion, and send any Moderator a PM and they'll move the thread here.

After three original posts, a 'newbie' becomes a 'hunter in training' and will be allowed to post here.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

NEW PLAGIARISM RULE FOR FAN STUFF & CONTESTS!

Plagiarism is strictly frowned upon and it's a major offense in Fan Stuff and in Fan Stuff Contests.  Therefore, any material that is found out to be plagiarized, whether by being copied, downloaded, or PrintScreened, etc. and used in another work, or claimed as one's own work, will be met with an immediate cease-warning. We understand that sometimes people use sprites or other material without realizing they weren't meant for public use. Thus, the cease-warning is intended to inform those who don't know they're doing something inappropriate about what's happening and give them a chance to mend their transgression amicably.

Intentional and willful plagiarism, however, is extremely distasteful and has absolutely no place at the Castlevania Dungeon whatsoever. Thus, the cease-warning will be given to the user via PM, and tell them that they do not have permission to use the resource in question, that they are in violation of our anti-plagiarism rule, and if they do not remove the offending resource, whether it's art, music, etc. from their work, they will be banned from the forum without the possibility of a return.  If the user refuses to edit the plagiarized resources from their work or remove it entirely if entirely plagiarized even after being given a cease-warning, the administration will promptly PermaBan them. Should they return, they will be in violation of the Ban Evasion rule, and further punishments will be dealt as needed.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:24:57 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Another Lone-wolf

Re: NOTE: Read before posting
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 11:43:11 PM »
What format can I post,and how to post?

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 11:52:58 PM »
What are you talking about? you can already post.

Another Lone-wolf

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 12:03:59 AM »
In Reply To #3

You mean I can just post texts or hyperlinks?
If I want to post something like images or Flashes,what should I do?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 12:13:47 AM by Another Lone-wolf »

Another Lone-wolf

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 12:19:58 AM »
By the way,is Unicode supported in this site?

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 02:01:01 AM »
Now that you mention it, what are those "positions" in the user profile? Do they change with your post count? Can you post here what position you gain with a certain number of posts?
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 04:53:52 AM »
In Reply To #6

Sure, I can put that up.
Title Levels and Required Posts
Newbie - 0 Posts (you sign up and begin as this)
Hunter in Training - 3 Posts (minimum level to post fan stuff here)
Vampire Hunter - 100 Posts
Legendary Hunter - 500 Posts
Master Hunter - 1000 Posts
Moderators have five green stars, Global Moderators have five blue stars, and Administrators have five red stars.  In case you guys didn't know how to spot a mod, that's one of the ways.  Also the title says so.  :P

People (and spambots) start up as Newbie.  Since, previously, spambots would create an account for the sole purpose of spamming this forum, I restricted posting in here to Hunters in Training, which requires three original threads being created in any of the other subforums (to level up).  It used to be 10 posts a while back, but was recently changed to 3 posts.

In Reply to #5:
If you use the "Reply" function, you will see a number of buttons that should help you.  There is a "Flash" button, it looks like this: .

The image buttons looks like this: 

The Hyperlink buttons looks like this:

If by 'unicode' you mean the tags that show up in braces, such as "[" and "]", then yes, the url one, the img one, etc. work.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 05:18:23 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: