Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania - Bloodletting Screenshots and Videos  (Read 45072 times)

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Castlevania - Bloodletting Screenshots and Videos
« on: February 14, 2008, 11:15:45 AM »
Any die hard Castlevania fan will know that there is an unreleased game for the Sega 32X that was canceled called Castlevania - The Bloodletting. The Sega 32X was not selling well in Konami feared to release the game on it, so they reworked what they had and made Symphony of the Night.

STORY:
More than three decades after the legendary Richter Belmont defeated Count Dracula, and the war waged between father and son Alucard, the land of Transylvania continued to enjoy peace and tranquility. The people revered the Belmont bloodline but pondered the absence of the family. The Order of Ecclesia was founded to the east just two years prior as an alternate means of war against Dracula upon his resurrection but was far from sufficient training and was ultimately unprepared for what was to come.

The skies opened and legions of the undead poured into the villages and countryside, wreaking their havoc and shedding as much blood as possible. It is obvious, Count Dracula is far from dead. Harker Belmont, son of Richter Belmont returns to home with his father at his side to witness the carnage firsthand. Richter reminds Harker of his training with the Vampire Killer and beckons him to follow in Richters footsteps. The same steps where he journeyed into the heart of darkness more than thirty years ago.

Harker Belmont, the last of the Belmont bloodline swears he shall prevail and slay Dracula once and for all.

I have opted to use the unused Belmont sprite (some call him Hanz Belmont) and craft my own tale of the long lineage of the legendary Belmont's.

You can stay up to date with my development blog here: http://create-games.com/project.asp?id=1034

NOTE: These screenshots are early of the revamp I am working on. I originally had 4 stages completed but the engine was horrid and buggy and the resolution was a terror, and in order to fix it every map needed to be fixed so I began working on it again from the ground up and fixing the original engine and other problems in the process.

Current Look

Youtube Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORIyystscYE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rxEw_cBh8w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmeVd0FFJkg

FEATURES:
CD Quality Remixes of Classic Songs such as Vampire Killer, Heart of Fire, Illusionary Dance and more
Classic Castlevania Stage by Stage Action Gameplay
Special Moves and Item Crashes
Unlockable Whips
Unlockable Modes of Gameplay
Alternate Routes
Multiple Endings
Windows XP & Vista Support
Joystick and Gamepad Support

BETA DEMO of ORIGINAL GAME
To download go to http://www.mediafire.com/?mbjkijqlyky

Please note that this download does not represent the new version of Bloodletting and is the original engine complete with bugs and all.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 02:25:22 PM by piscesdreams »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania - Bloodletting Screenshots and Videos
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »
In Reply To #1

Awesome!! I just don't have words to describe it! :o

And a question: Why at the last picture the status are different?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 12:39:11 PM »
Game does look awesome... and my guess on the life bar is that the last one is newer, since on the video comments, it seems like the second one is the newer one, and it has the new life bar.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 02:22:59 PM »
Yeah the HUD was completely different when I first began the project, but I chose the Dracula X style to allow for better consolodation, it's more organized and doesn't block your view as much.

I should have a beta demo around the beginning or middle of March if all goes well.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 07:12:45 PM »
May I ask, what are you using to build the game? C/C++? C#?

Another Lone-wolf

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 02:24:14 AM »
Awesome!Are there any other characters in this game?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 04:04:05 AM by Another Lone-wolf »

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 04:29:06 AM »
Im doing it in Multimedia Fusion 2 actually
and if there are other characters they will be hidden

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 09:51:46 AM »
Oh, multimedia fusion, cool. I looked at that thing and I never got it >.>

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 07:15:49 AM »
This project is back after a short hiatus, I am revamping the engine and completely reworking this game entirely.

I have created a development blog for people to stay up to date on this game. It can be found at http://create-games.com/project.asp?id=1034 and will be updated regularly.

For now feast your eyes on updated screenshots.

[img width= height=]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c90/PiscesDreams/NewScreens.jpg?t=1218425863[/img]
[img width= height=]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c90/PiscesDreams/NewScreenies.jpg?t=1219891701[/img]

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 07:23:57 AM »
These are great news!! Keep up the great work!! ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline gravekeeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 01:27:14 PM »
In Reply To #7

I've never heard of Multimedia Fusion 2 before. Is it easy to create Castlevania-like games in it without any experience in programming?

The game looks great so far! I'll definately check this one out when it's finished.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 06:53:50 PM »
In Reply To #11

Ive checked it out and Im completely blown away by how anyone can make an even slightly complex game with it. It seems more geared toward applications than anything else much less a game as complex as CV. But obviously its able to do it. I think Ill stick to Game Maker tho.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 07:01:47 PM »
if you use extra functions such as the platform movement object, you can with some work get a sotn-esque movement type for a character. this includes right movement for all types of terrain you define, be it squares, slopes, circles etc.

game maker can't do that without some serious math involved as far as i know.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 07:31:09 AM »
In Reply To #13

Castlevania style games are not easy at all, in MMF2 your lines of "code" are called events and I probably have something of the likes of over 1000 for the basic engine and a few level specific events.

MMF2 has the ability to load in all types of plugins, including the extension Serio mentioned which is a much more advanced type of movement but once you get it down it's not anything major to learn how to use.

Game MAker and MMF2 both have advantageous features over one another, I've not used Game Maker enough to know what's better though, I just prefer MMF2 cuz I've used the product line for years.

Offline Jago

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 12:07:48 PM »
Lookin good

I like that level, the one on the bottom right

Tags: