Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 982512 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #840 on: May 11, 2015, 06:39:22 PM »
@Crisis: swordorwhip.com has the twitch stream

It's an issue with my Allie pattern that I sent you.  Lots of minute colour changes.  Especially tricky to see what's going on around his lower face and neck/shirt collar.  It's why the first page took me so long.  But worth it!  :D
I know. A full color palette is my aim. Maybe a face icon would be better for a faster project. I'll think about it.

Yup, $1 million mark easily in under 24h.  They've reached the 900K mark already.

Is this a record for KS for video games?

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #841 on: May 11, 2015, 06:43:41 PM »
@Crisis: swordorwhip.com has the twitch stream
I know. A full color palette is my aim. Maybe a face icon would be better for a faster project. I'll think about it.

Is this a record for KS for video games?

Looks like it, from what they've just said on the Twitchstream. 

As for small, face-icon, quick projects, I'm rather tempted to do a mini embroidery of a slightly bigger version of my profile pic.  It's one of my fave pics of Trevorcard. :D
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:50:09 PM by TatteredSeraph »

Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #844 on: May 11, 2015, 06:49:55 PM »
+1
The cheat code icon! Hahahaha.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #845 on: May 11, 2015, 06:50:31 PM »
What they said was that it's outpaced Mighty No.9 in terms of how much was raised per hour in the first day.

Dunno if that's a record for KS or not.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #846 on: May 11, 2015, 06:53:39 PM »
Yup, record, they stated it.

Also, yeah, I agree, local co-op sounds well worth stretching for, and doable, at the rate this is being funded.  I really would love the $100 pledge, but atm.... ack.....  so annoying.  :( 

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #847 on: May 11, 2015, 06:55:13 PM »
+2
A new record, really? That's impressive. Did it outdo Pillars of Eternity, for the first day at least? Well, either way, this is *extremely* impressive. I'd honestly not imagined there was still this much passion for IGAvanias out there! I suppose I was foolish to underestimate our CV fans :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #848 on: May 11, 2015, 06:58:11 PM »
I believe so, btu not 100% certain.  I might have misheard.  But it sounded like it might be.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #849 on: May 11, 2015, 06:58:43 PM »
The KS started at the same time as the stream right?
That would mean it reached 925000+ in 8 hours! Really impressive.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #850 on: May 11, 2015, 07:00:17 PM »
I think it started slightly before - about an hour or so earlier, iirc?  I think it was mentioned earlier on the stream.  But either way, good work, Igavania fans.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #851 on: May 11, 2015, 07:18:40 PM »
+2
This thing they're saying in the stream about what art is going to be used for the slipcase for the $100+ tiers....they're saying it's going to be a secret and still in the works and "very exciting".

If there was going to be Kojima artwork....that'll be my vote as to where we see it. Here's hoping I'm right. I'll call it now.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #852 on: May 11, 2015, 07:21:46 PM »
I wonder if they might possibly get Hideo Kojima on board too, somehow. Kojima and Kojima...;o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #853 on: May 11, 2015, 07:24:00 PM »
+1
I wonder if they might possibly get Hideo Kojima on board too, somehow. Kojima and Kojima...;o

I at first thought "How funny would it be to have Hideo Kojima offer his help towards this game, just to put the screws to Konami?"

Then I remembered he's the reason Lords of Shadow got a lot of its hype and thus edged out Igarashi and 2D Castlevanias in the first place....and thought better of it.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #854 on: May 11, 2015, 07:24:29 PM »
+1
Wow!  Exciting stuff!  Instead of working all day, I spend the day with my migrained head buried in my pillows.  After a quick look at the KS, I have two questions:

1 - Any opinions on physical vs. digital copies?  I see that plans offer one, the other, or both.  Why would someone want both?  Isn't one or the other just fine?

2 - I don't have time (or desire yet...still fighting off the migraine...it's a doozie!) to catch up on 10+ pages...would someone who's been here tell me what's the general consensus?  Good, bad?
I ALWAYS Get the physical copy, one con about DLC games is that if your account ever gets comprised (For whatever reason) i.e. DLC getting removed by update errors etc., there have been instances where players were forced to rebuy DLC or look at Silent Hills . Who is to say that a company could not remove DLC from their consoles (that you bought) in the future. (I see it on the horizon somehow.) All that I "bought" but you "own" gets muddy.

Also I loath waiting for DLC to load even game data! I HAAAAAAAAAAAAATE that sh*t,

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags: