Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274105 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2013, 06:03:38 PM »
I actually had to do a double take too on that. Its good to see other people have this idea and possibly plan to complete what we had in mind ages ago. More power to em` :). Beyond the R&D I did for our project I would have no idea how to complete something like this as my skills are severely lacking in most other things.

War Machine if you can pull this off and complete this game, my hat is off to you.
I remember that project Johnny, still got it sitting on my hdd too. It was pretty good for what it was.

I am sure Warmachine wouldn't mind me posting this, I've been helping him sprites things here and there as he mentioned:

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:07:44 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #286 on: September 23, 2013, 07:37:03 PM »
I mean Jorge has some sprites from our old project but whether or not he will give them up is another story. I suppose it never hurts to ask though. There's a lot of material there that's just laying stagnant. Still I don't know if Jorge plans to get a programmer to finish it all......
Yeah i've already talked with Jorge about that and he's wanting to hold on to what he has in the case he gets some programmer backing.  And i can understand that, can't say i'd blame him there, i would just LOVE to have some Grant sprites tho lol.   :'(
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #287 on: September 24, 2013, 09:33:49 PM »
Wow I am happy Jorge is trying to keep it alive. Least now I know all that work I did won't go to waste. Having two CV3 Remakes should be interesting. I just never realized Jorge was still making ours. I figured he'd given up on it. Still I would love to see yours do well as well. You possibly could rip the Grant sprites from either SOTN or Portrait of Ruin and modify them.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #288 on: September 25, 2013, 11:26:24 AM »
Wow!  I didnt even realize he was in PoR.  I have his rips from SOTN but im not good at spriting at all! lol.  I mainly need his upright walking set and i should be good to go.  Do you know of any good programs that i could rip sprites from PoR from?  I used a DS emulator a few years ago that disabled layers but nothing that actually let you rip from the file itself.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #289 on: September 25, 2013, 06:09:30 PM »
Wow!  I didnt even realize he was in PoR.  I have his rips from SOTN but im not good at spriting at all! lol.  I mainly need his upright walking set and i should be good to go.  Do you know of any good programs that i could rip sprites from PoR from?  I used a DS emulator a few years ago that disabled layers but nothing that actually let you rip from the file itself.

To be honest Grant only appears as a boss like he did in SotN, so unless you are missing some animation frame from what you already have, you have everything available for him. :(
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #290 on: September 27, 2013, 09:40:02 AM »
Unfortunately the SotN Grant doppelganger was never given walking animation. If you want him to walk he will have to be given custom animations.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #291 on: September 29, 2013, 06:38:19 AM »
Unfortunately the SotN Grant doppelganger was never given walking animation. If you want him to walk he will have to be given custom animations.

Yeah. Also I know the Alucard sprites Jorge put into our game were custom because Alucard in CV3 didn't look the same as he did in SOTN. He had a different look to him. So I'm not sure if this game here is using the Alucard SOTN Sprites or completely new ones to reflect his appearance in CV3. If anything, I would say Alucard in CV3 looks like an 8 bit Gabriel. Barbarian-like clothes and a red cape, dark brown or black hair, etc.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:42:36 AM by Johnny »

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #292 on: October 03, 2013, 02:25:20 PM »
Thanks Johnny, yeah i've made him look similar to his CV3 version, i didn't give him the widows peak "do" though lol.  I tried that out and made it look great but it just doesnt look right on him so i just made his hair black and gave his color pallette an overhaul to match the original and it turned out great! 

Quick update guys, i've got my beta testers running the demo now so as soon as i get the feedback on any findings i'll take care of them, test some more and i'll get the public demo out ASAP.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #293 on: October 04, 2013, 04:07:23 PM »
Been Beta-Testing the game for a couple of weeks for you guys! You are in for a real treat with the demo!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #294 on: October 08, 2013, 06:17:52 PM »
Thanks Darkman - Hey guys, you ready yet?  Hm?  Anyone here ready for a demo?! I FINALLY got it ready fellas, i've been dying to put this up on here!  But first things first, here's a link to the vid  ;D

https://db.tt/f927gc88
i'll be uploading it to YouTube sometime tomorrow so when i do i'll swap this out with the embed code.
Make sure you guys check it before you play the demo!(........yeah right, lol)

And now, for the playable demo of stage 1  8)
https://db.tt/YBMphjeh

In the rar file i bundled the MotionJoy download for those of you that would like to use a PS3 remote instead of the keyboard.  It works with normal PC controllers but since i dont have one the controls are a little mismatched - at the moment.  I will have one before the final game is released so it'll all be worked out by then.  ;D As always, any input you guys wanna drop in feel free, im looking forward to your feedback and i hope you guys enjoy!!! ;D

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #295 on: October 09, 2013, 08:34:36 AM »
So...........anyone try it out yet? :o

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #296 on: October 09, 2013, 10:37:22 AM »
oops! I downloaded it last night but never got around to it, lol! I'll give it a shot right now and let you know.

Just gave it a shot and...I can't move at all. The arrow keys don't work. I can attack, jump, power attack and roll. those work fine. I've tried the arrow keys on the number pad at the far right of my keyboard but they act as a reset for the game. I won't be able to play this game until the arrow keys work. Also as for the joypad thing, I don't even know where to begin with that  :-\
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:45:18 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #297 on: October 09, 2013, 11:52:20 AM »
It seems like Arrow Keys don't work if you have a game pad connected to PC, or at least, that happened to me. I have an xbox 360 controller, used the motionjoy tool, selected "xbox 360 controller emulation" and the game pad is working too.

I didn't play the whole level, i'll post my feedback later

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #298 on: October 09, 2013, 12:03:53 PM »
It seems like Arrow Keys don't work if you have a game pad connected to PC, or at least, that happened to me. I have an xbox 360 controller, used the motionjoy tool, selected "xbox 360 controller emulation" and the game pad is working too.

I didn't play the whole level, i'll post my feedback later
I was just about to post. The controls keys work find for me. I haven't tried with the control pad yet.  I did find some more bugs though. If anyone downloads this copy PLEAZE POST THE BUGS YOU FIND TO THE THREAD!!!
oops! I downloaded it last night but never got around to it, lol! I'll give it a shot right now and let you know.

Just gave it a shot and...I can't move at all. The arrow keys don't work. I can attack, jump, power attack and roll. those work fine. I've tried the arrow keys on the number pad at the far right of my keyboard but they act as a reset for the game. I won't be able to play this game until the arrow keys work. Also as for the joypad thing, I don't even know where to begin with that  :-\
Hey, X did you see Kaonstantine's solution?

So...........anyone try it out yet? :o

There is your vid for you Warmachine:
Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse Stage 1 Demo
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:43:45 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #299 on: October 09, 2013, 12:19:21 PM »
X, that's odd dude.  Did you take a look at Kaonstantine's post?  I have the game set to if you have a controller plugged in the keys are disabled, but i dont get why you were able to use the actions....weird lol.  I've tried it on multiple computers/laptops with no issues, maybe you have a controller plugged in?  Like darkman said, please post any findings you may come across on here, i couldn't find major bugs, but im used to seeing this level since i've been working on bug fixes for the last 2 weeks on and off lol so i get used to seeing it over, and over........and over lol.  Thanks for checking it out guys  8)

Tags:

anything