Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Operation Akumajo preparing for Konami Campaign 9/26/11  (Read 47452 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Operation Akumajo preparing for Konami Campaign 9/26/11
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2011, 02:14:45 PM »
Operation Rainfall is For Xenoblade Chronicles for the wii, it started this whole thing

Operation Moonfall/ We want Majora's Mask 3DS is self explanitory

Get me off the moon / 100,000 Strong for Megaman Lgegnds 3 is the only one who's tactics are actually working.
Capcom not letting Keiji Inafune complete is projects becoming public knowledge were thier doing.

@Nagumo you say they never work and its a waste of effort, but just watch.... One of these operations are gonna succeed

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2011, 05:05:58 PM »
Posts saying "This will never work" or "You're wasting time" help no one in any way shape or form and are quite frankly annoying. Either AT THE VERY LEAST give encouragement, or just don't speak (or in this case, post). It's, in my opinion, disrespectful to tell someone what they're doing is a waste. >_>
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2011, 10:04:36 PM »
Honestly? No matter what the project or movement is - if it's meant to benefit the Castlevania community, even if you don't agree with it and don't join in on it, at least have the decency to cheer on from the sidelines regardless for your fellow fans.

That's the only way this community will get momentum and come together. If we support one another.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2011, 10:40:14 PM »
I must say I admire you, cecil-kain. No matter how many times people keep saying over n over "this operation will never work" you keep coming back positively with stuff like "well how would YOU make it work?" It shows that you have a lot of dedication & willfullness to see the series done right. Sure it may take a while for Konami to notice this endeavour but what do you have to lose by atleast trying? Don't cancel the project just cuz a few naysayers don't believe in it/refuse to participate. In the coming months with enough support from other sites/word of mouth/viral campaigns this operation might actually get recognized at one point..

Godspeed my friend!  :)

Thank-you for the encouragement.  I'm very fortunate to have some extra time on my hands for this sort of thing, and my family has been supportive as well.  I think quite a few fans would be more deeply involved if they had the time, but you can't fault people for attending to their lives.  For me, this is labor of love --the pursuit of a passion.  Naysayers don't bother me so much as they confuse me.  It's easy to sit back and criticize someone's work, but its quite different to step up and set a positive example.  If you're not happy with the state of Castlevania, why not do something about it?  That's what this is really all about.   :)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2011, 12:40:54 AM »
Uh, what's with all the butthurt?  I just wanted to say this is most likely going to be futile since Operation Moonfall and Rainfall from the looks of it are not working either. But now it's me being critical and not supportive of other fans.

Ok.       

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2011, 03:20:22 AM »
I just wanted to say this is most likely going to be futile since Operation Moonfall and Rainfall from the looks of it are not working either.

Okay, but why even bother pointing that out in the first place??
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2011, 06:22:35 AM »
Naggerumo.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2011, 06:44:17 AM »
Uh, what's with all the butthurt?  I just wanted to say this is most likely going to be futile since Operation Moonfall and Rainfall from the looks of it are not working either. But now it's me being critical and not supportive of other fans.

Ok.       

Ummm...  That's not *exactly* what I meant...  But OK.  The point I was trying to make is how so many fans are critical of Judgment, HD, and LoS, but then turn around and refuse to join something like Operation: Akumajo just because it doesn't fit their views 100%.  That's what I meant about the naysayers confusing me.  In any case, Nagumo --you've made your point and reasonably so.  No offense taken, so long as you don't go comparing me to Hitler like Successor did a couple pages back.   ;D

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2011, 07:07:59 AM »
At least it's good to see you’re listening cecil-kain, perhaps mellowing a bit, because you probably set off on the wrong foot.  Demands like ‘re-instate Koji Igarashi’ and messages like ‘although we accept Lords of Shadow as a fine game in its own right, we cannot accept the desecration it brings to the Demon Castle mythology’ don’t quite put the right foot forward for an English-language Facebook group.

From the off you probably offended Dave Cox and lost any potential weight in the European offices.  You might struggle to influence an autocratic, hierarchical Japanese gaming company, but a route through might be through the likes of Konami Europe.

Cox’s job title is listed on plaxo as “Division Head - Product Planning and Development & Executive Producer”.  We know he jetted off to a meeting in Frankfurt early August (on which he tweeted), a meeting which may have hosted a visit from the chairman of Konami (http://antoine.soubigou.org/pdfdess/Rapport%20management%20japonais.pdf; 5.1.4).  You never know what Cox might have been asked to give his opinion on at, or since, that meeting.

While it’s likely he would overlook negativity towards Lords of Shadow, or sweep much of it aside as angst or reluctance to change, you never know: he could still ask higher within Konami after the 25th anniversary, and put forward some suggestions as he may have read on the Facebook page.

He may even have done something to that affect, or had input on it.

Still, easy for me to say now.  I’m sorry I didn’t ask to help at the start, I could have offered to try and help proof-read and moderate some of your statements/outlines.  I guess I just didn’t agree with much of it.  If you need help now, please let me know (I’m quite good with web and image stuff)!  Good on you for at least having had a stab at trying to do something. 

Overall, it’s disappointing that nothing concrete has since been announced on the 25th anniversary, but I wouldn’t hammer the nails into the 2D coffin yet by any means. 

I think you’re learning, much like Dave Cox, that you cannot appeal to every fan in every walk of the series.  It’s not easy!

For now, I need to get a new Castlevania remix made . . . !

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2011, 07:28:48 AM »
Of course when I say you probably offended Dave Cox: he probably never even saw it.  I realise how silly that sounds.  Taken for what it is though, it's a heartfelt cause and the correspondence thing might just have an impact. Do I understand he's had a few tweets on the anniversary and hasn't responded?

Edit: Ah, he's said outright he isn't any part of any of it
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:31:04 AM by The Silverlord »

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2011, 08:13:24 AM »
At least it's good to see you’re listening cecil-kain, perhaps mellowing a bit, because you probably set off on the wrong foot.  Demands like ‘re-instate Koji Igarashi’ and messages like ‘although we accept Lords of Shadow as a fine game in its own right, we cannot accept the desecration it brings to the Demon Castle mythology’ don’t quite put the right foot forward for an English-language Facebook group.

From the off you probably offended Dave Cox and lost any potential weight in the European offices.  You might struggle to influence an autocratic, hierarchical Japanese gaming company, but a route through might be through the likes of Konami Europe.

Cox’s job title is listed on plaxo as “Division Head - Product Planning and Development & Executive Producer”.  We know he jetted off to a meeting in Frankfurt early August (on which he tweeted), a meeting which may have hosted a visit from the chairman of Konami (http://antoine.soubigou.org/pdfdess/Rapport%20management%20japonais.pdf; 5.1.4).  You never know what Cox might have been asked to give his opinion on at, or since, that meeting.

While it’s likely he would overlook negativity towards Lords of Shadow, or sweep much of it aside as angst or reluctance to change, you never know: he could still ask higher within Konami after the 25th anniversary, and put forward some suggestions as he may have read on the Facebook page.

He may even have done something to that affect, or had input on it.

Still, easy for me to say now.  I’m sorry I didn’t ask to help at the start, I could have offered to try and help proof-read and moderate some of your statements/outlines.  I guess I just didn’t agree with much of it.  If you need help now, please let me know (I’m quite good with web and image stuff)!  Good on you for at least having had a stab at trying to do something. 

Overall, it’s disappointing that nothing concrete has since been announced on the 25th anniversary, but I wouldn’t hammer the nails into the 2D coffin yet by any means. 

I think you’re learning, much like Dave Cox, that you cannot appeal to every fan in every walk of the series.  It’s not easy!

For now, I need to get a new Castlevania remix made . . . !

Thank-you for offering to help.  Are you on Facebook?  I've really been super-focused on developing the Tribute video, so I haven't looked into retooling the Mission Statement or anything like that yet.  As for soliciting insiders, I don't know if Cox would be able to help even if he was interested.  He probably has some clout, but his group was hired to do something radically different from what Operation: Akumajo seeks to preserve.  Konami of Europe and America definitely have some pull, but Konami of Japan is where change really needs to happen.

I've been an Igarashi fan for a long time, but Judgment finally convinced me that he's due for retirement.  He's only needed for Demon Castle War and that's it.  After that, he should pass the baton to someone else for a proper reboot that respects central tenants of the true mythology.  Making Gabriel Belmont into Dracula literally desecrates the character of the Holy Warrior --and introducing Satan destroys the premise of Dracula's supreme villainy.  But I digress...

Igarashi is on Facebook with a personal account and he has accepted many friend requests from Castlevania fans --including myself and many other members of this forum.  If soliciting an insider were part of the strategy, I think he would be the best possible target.  I hesitate to bother him on a personal account about work, but I think posting the Tribute there would be harmless --just to make him aware of the cause.

Let's continue talking over PM.  My next couple days will be busier than usual --there's quite a few things I'd like to get done in my personal life before the campaign begins this next week.  I really want to give this as much of my undivided attention as possible.  :)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2011, 08:43:16 AM »

I've been an Igarashi fan for a long time, but Judgment finally convinced me that he's due for retirement.  He's only needed for Demon Castle War and that's it. 

That's not true!  Judgement was probably assigned upon him from Konami to make, and even though many of us don't like Judgement, it's not like IGA was planning to change the series into a fighting series, and it was just for Wii, a console not worth taking seriously.  Fans shouldn't just treat the person who revolutionized 2-D Castlevanias and preserved the Castlevania essence the best, like some tool to be used and discarded.

Passing the baton to someone else would just give rise to Konami making further mistakes outsourcing Castlevania to the wrong company/team.   There would be brighter future with IGA still in charge.   

And he is probably more open to fans thoughts than anyone else in the industry that could wind up getting their hands on Castlevania, the result of others getting the seat would be the series taking a turn for the worse, like Lords of Shadow, DmC, and Metroid Other M.

I mean seriously, it's like preferring some different people other than Kojima and their team to develop a new Metal Gear.     Well yes franchises get new directors/teams over time, but LoS is already proof of Konami's poor taste and bad judgement who to pick.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:48:07 AM by affinity »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2011, 08:52:30 AM »
Okay, but why even bother pointing that out in the first place??

Those operations have more members, have multiple people organise stuff instead of one person, and have demands that everyone can agree on and are more reasonsable. Yet even they don't succeed. Why would you think it would work this time? I'm only saying that to spare people from doing something futile? I just meant that as helpful advice but all I get is CRITICISM!!11!!1 Thanks for taking it so well.

grumble

Just for the record, I didn't mean anything bad with my comments so I'm not sure why I get all this backlash.   

And my previous comment wasn't directed at you Cecil-Kain.   
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:01:02 AM by Nagumo »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2011, 11:20:33 AM »
::i look at Nagumo with dragon-colored eyes::

you really need to stop disrespecting me in all of your posts... I mean look at the backlash your causing here. But we are all in the same boat so let's try n have a good time k? But with no attitudes & attacks on my personality.

We are still friends though =)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2011, 11:52:54 AM »
Passing the baton to someone else would just give rise to Konami making further mistakes outsourcing Castlevania to the wrong company/team.   There would be brighter future with IGA still in charge.

Not true. Castlevania has had numerous teams throughout it's history prior to IGA showing up. The majority of the games were successful, they didn't really interfere with one another story-wise and each game was new and interesting because of the different teams handling the development.

And he is probably more open to fans thoughts than anyone else in the industry that could wind up getting their hands on Castlevania, the result of others getting the seat would be the series taking a turn for the worse, like Lords of Shadow, DmC, and Metroid Other M.

I found nothing wrong with Metroid: Other M. It was far closer to the original games in terms of play mechanics then the Doom-style play of the Prime trilogy. But I liked all of them anyways. If its about the story then I can agree that they did harp on a bit from time to time which was a little unnecessary, however the game itself was very good. Especially the Ridley introduction/fight.

I mean seriously, it's like preferring some different people other than Kojima and their team to develop a new Metal Gear.

They had done that with the NES game; Snake's Revenge. I actually enjoyed that game and many of it's innovations were incorporated into the latter of the series. Kojima himself played the game and thought it was very well done. The creator of Metal Gear praised a metal gear game that was not of his own making. That says a lot. No doubt when he brought out MG2: Solid Snake he used some of the innovative ideas found in Snake's revenge to help make his game.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: