Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So how do you feel about Arkham Knight's season pass?  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
So how do you feel about Arkham Knight's season pass?
« on: May 31, 2015, 12:05:08 PM »
Comes with quite a bit of content, actually, spread across six months after the game releases.

-A Matter of Family: A prequel story starring Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, taking place presumably between Origins and Asylum. Toted as full expansion pack featuring a brand new storyline, and a full new location for Batgirl to explore.

-The Season of Infamy: New stories focusing around new supervillains for Batman to fight. Features new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

-Gotham City Stories: Story chapters expanding on the roles of Batman's "key allies", taking place before or after the events of Arkham Knight. Presumably Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman. Doubtful that Harley's and Red Hood's missions are included in this.

-Legendary Batmobiles: Play in the most iconic Batmobiles over the course of Batman's 75-year history, with a custom racetrack themed after the media the Batmobile is from. All Batmobiles can be used in every race track.

-Crimefighter Challenges: New challenge maps built around the unique playstyles of each playable character.

-Character Skins: New costumes for Batman, Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman.

Sounds like a good amount of content, all for a whopping $40. What do you guys think? Worth the price? Not worth it? The DLC will definitely be sold separately too, so you can just pick and choose the pieces you want.

Me, personally, I'm probably gonna get all of it anyway, since I really love the Arkham games (save for Blackgate, which is an alright game at best). The things I can live without boil down to the character skins, really. But damn, it's a hefty price. I already spent $100 on the limited edition of the game itself, lol.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: So how do you feel about Arkham Knight's season pass?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 01:39:59 AM »
Man, I really hate the concept of season passes, but the storyline stuff sounds pretty cool. I liked the Arkham games (still haven't played Origins or Blackgate yet, need to do both one of these days), but I personally wouldn't purchase the season pass, just out of principle really. At the same time, I could totally see why someone would.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 04:41:58 AM »
I feel about it the same way I feel about any game with them... I don't buy them. Not until the DLC is included at the base price at least.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 10:13:46 AM »
I really don't see the point of purchasing season passes for videogames. They're not permanent additions to your library and it's kinda throwing away money which could be better spent on something way more permanent~Like the actual game itself.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 01:52:10 AM »
I really don't see the point of purchasing season passes for videogames. They're not permanent additions to your library and it's kinda throwing away money which could be better spent on something way more permanent~Like the actual game itself.

I'm not really quite following, cuz it also sounds like you're saying that DLC is pointless. DLC in itself isn't a bad thing, just the way a lot of companies handle it is pretty terrible. Hyrule Warriors in particular is a game that handles DLC very well, and it's all reasonably priced.

For Arkham Knight, a lot of this DLC sounds really good, but the Arkham series is notorious for making its DLC way overpriced. For example, the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC for Arkham City was $10, but it was like not even an hour long, and that's doing everything there is to do in the short chapter.

So I think the hefty $40 price tag is a bit much, but I won't really know until I actually experience the stuff in all of its length.

Man, I really hate the concept of season passes, but the storyline stuff sounds pretty cool. I liked the Arkham games (still haven't played Origins or Blackgate yet, need to do both one of these days), but I personally wouldn't purchase the season pass, just out of principle really. At the same time, I could totally see why someone would.

If the previous Arkham games are any indication, the DLC will all be sold separately as it releases. Just the total price of all of it will be higher than the season pass price. So since, for example, you say the story stuff sounds cool, just skip out on the pass and buy the story content.

Unless the story content is way too short and way too expensive like the aforementioned Harley Quinn's Revenge. In that case, you're better off waiting for the GOTY version of the game.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:54:01 AM by Claimh Solais »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 09:48:01 AM »
I'm not really quite following, cuz it also sounds like you're saying that DLC is pointless.

Sorry ,my bad. I had to look up what a season's pass is as I was unsure about its nature. So it is permanent after all when I originally thought you only got it for a limited trial run. That would have been a waste of money. But personally I'll just wait till the game comes out with the DLC. That way I can get it all in one fell swoop.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 12:02:12 PM »
Wait till they release a "complete" edition for $40.

Buy a souls game which are always complete games for their price.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 06:41:54 PM »
Sorry ,my bad. I had to look up what a season's pass is as I was unsure about its nature. So it is permanent after all when I originally thought you only got it for a limited trial run. That would have been a waste of money. But personally I'll just wait till the game comes out with the DLC. That way I can get it all in one fell swoop.

Oh, god, yeah, if that's what a season pass were, then I would outright hate them altogether, regardless of what content they gave access to. lol

Tags: