Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Stop Internet Censorship before it Starts!  (Read 14422 times)

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Stop Internet Censorship before it Starts!
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2012, 05:42:09 PM »
Hmm, torrents.

You know, I just thought of something. The internet censorship bill is meant to stop pirates, right? What if it just caused piracy to boom, due to a whole bunch of people wanting free files before they can't potentially get them anymore?

What if the whole thing just worsens the very thing that they're trying to prevent?

Apparently that exactly what's going to happen, not only that you can get prosecuted for something as harmless as posting screenshots from tv series, movies or videos games on Tumblr and similar sites but also this is going to "promote" hackers' activities. So it looks like it's gonna be a total mess, this may screw up Internet altogether

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2012, 06:28:20 PM »
That's exactly what it'll do. That's how it works. The tighter the grip the government has on something people want, the more criminal people become to protect their right to it

Not that I agree with all this nonsense about censoring the internet but you seem to be forgetting that pirates have absolutely no right to what they are downloading, saying that they do would be like saying I have the right to steal all your posessions or kill your family just because I can. Just thought I'd point that out.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2012, 08:23:28 AM »
I think he means the right to the internet. Which, I believe Sweden now claim as a right.

Tags:

anything