Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Seems like Konami has a pretty big presence at E3  (Read 22019 times)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Seems like Konami has a pretty big presence at E3
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2018, 08:30:27 AM »
+1
Per Giant Bomb, whatever Konami showed has an embargo until next Wednesday.

That's so soon I wonder why it's under embargo in the first place.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2018, 08:38:28 AM »
Why must they string us around so... when it will most likely be nothing.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2018, 08:51:33 AM »
Per Giant Bomb, whatever Konami showed has an embargo until next Wednesday.

That's so soon I wonder why it's under embargo in the first place.

Is it possible that this is to "counter" the launch of the Bloodstained beta demo to backers on Thursday? (After all this secrecy, it better not just be a port of the GoS phone game.)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2018, 09:43:05 AM »
Is it possible that this is to "counter" the launch of the Bloodstained beta demo to backers on Thursday? (After all this secrecy, it better not just be a port of the GoS phone game.)

It's either that or they're timing a global info dump, as Famitsu's magazine drops on Wednesday.

I'm assuming it's a Castlevania game, and likely a new one, as a collection has no reason to be held back in such a weird way.

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2018, 10:42:16 AM »
it better not just be a port of the GoS phone game
Would look better than Bloodstained tbh

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2018, 01:51:56 PM »
Where are you guys hearing about this embargo?

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2018, 07:34:18 AM »
This is the definition of trolling.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2018, 12:08:44 PM »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2018, 12:19:04 PM »
This could be Silent Hill though. The backlash from the cancellation of Silent Hills together with the success of Resident Evil 7 might have pushed Konami to actually do something. I’d be happy to find out this is a new Castlevania game, but I’m not holding my breath. Silent Hill or more Metal Gear Solid seems more logical. Especially if it’s behind closed doors.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2018, 03:09:22 PM »
oh come on you think Konami would do a new console Castlevania right? especially after approving trash like LoS and LoS2

remember that is the same company that pushed IGA aside for some leechy western developer that just wanna make money off a classic IP.

Bloodstained ROTN should announce the release date perhaps this month or next month.   thats gonna be better than any Castlevania (well except Harmony of Despair.  )

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2018, 11:32:46 AM »
I haven't been able to find any sources on this embargo rumor, so I am going to assume it's all bullshit.

The new Famitsu does drop Wednesday though, so who knows. I feel like there would be a bit more whispering/hints if something were happening after all.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2018, 01:14:15 PM »
Vergeben is claiming the embargo was for the sports game they announced, but still says the two Castlevania games he spoke about exist.

This seems maddening. I can actually see Konami do this. I can literally see them announce a game, and then embargo impressions on the show floor of a game that they showed gameplay of.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2018, 02:19:51 PM »
Wait.  I thought the Gamekult video literally said it wasn’t Hyper Sports or Pes though.  Oh well.  Guess we’ll know by Thursday.  If nothing more, it’ll prove how creditable Vereben is.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2018, 04:22:03 PM »
Vergeben said two castlevania games were coming? I thought he just said simon was coming to smash?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2018, 06:41:21 PM »
Well one of the games must be grimore, but the official website still says no release date for the final game yet. And nothing 悪魔城ドラキュラ on Famitsu as of now.
Maybe it might change later.

Tags: