Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Help with Multimedia Fusion 2's 8-dir movement  (Read 1847 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Help with Multimedia Fusion 2's 8-dir movement
« on: January 14, 2014, 05:42:06 PM »
Yes, I know this is not Clickteam's Technical Support section and all, but this is Off Topic, and I guess it's OK.

Furthermore, I know that some dungeonites here are knowledged in MMF2, so I decided to ask here, since Clickteam seems to not care much, and the answers here are much faster and though out.

I'm making a game in which the object controlled by the player can move in 8 directions using the built in 8 direction movement setup. However it lacks an important feature: Momentum. I'm not talking about deceleration or aceleration. It's like this:

When I move this object to the right, it goes fine and dandy. Then, I want to suddenly move it to the left. I want it to rapidly lose aceleration on the right and slowly gain aceleration to the left, and this is not what happens. It goes to the left imediatelly as I press Left, without ever losing aceleration.

I already tried everything, from manipulating the speed and aceleration/deceleration themselves, to alterable values, to ignoring player's control and restoring, but no, the program seems hell bent in not understanding what I want. Plus, it adds a bug where the object moves just a little to the opposite side before remembering what I told it to do: to stop BEFORE moving to the opposite side.

Could someone help me with this?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:50:41 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Tags: