Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Just some random thoughts and stuff  (Read 6465 times)

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
« on: January 04, 2016, 08:34:19 PM »
I don't know if I am the oldest guy in the forum at nearly 43 but for those of you give a flying what what, here is some random thoughts and things and sech. Just call this Crazy Talk first chapter.

Question, anyone in here believe in OBE's or NDE's for that matter has anyone ever experienced either or both? I am not a religious person as the whole idea of it leaves a sour taste. Also I look at religion the same way Bruce Lee looked at fighting styles. Is there a Kung Fu based religion? The doctrine of the one inch punch, forget clasping two hands together just watch out for the one.
Yeah religion or more so the vehement heavy handed authoritarian close minded fear the great cosmic canon at death zealotry has really turned me off to church going although some nice music has come from it (some music). I don't know what to think about Jesus and friends or whatever. While I do not adhere to fear mongering I do have a fascination about what is beyond as I am sure many in here do as well. Also even though I have this strong disliking for backwards backwater notions short sighted bigoted close minded religious beliefs I am not a fan of the oft uber nihilism of atheism that I come across on the web and I mean regardless of the justification towards shunning the aforementioned. I'm not here to marginalize but I need to express concerns about life. I don't like the idea of being brought into life unwittingly and being forced to endure neurosis or despair searching for an ever shrinking pocket of hope, joy, love and possibility. It's frustrating. Call it egocentric if you must. In this scientific age is it so bad to hope for something more. Sure we are made out of star stuff but how is it that star stuff made from water and gases (matter) has grown to think feel and be aware. It's only matter, it only water, it's only chemical electrical impulses. But since when does water think and feel? Damn you Amy G dala.

Tune in next time for more Crazy Talk.

PS please forgive me I am drinking.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 06:51:26 PM by The Bellmonster »

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 11:32:03 PM »
That IS some crazy talk, lol. I'll try and give you some more as well.

Sure we are made out of star stuff but how is it that star stuff madeo from water and gases (matter) has grown to think feel and be aware. It's only matter, it only water, it's only chemical electrical impulses. But since when does water think and feel? Damn you Amy G dala.

According to the ancient knowledge the universe itself is actually the body of God. Infinite creation, energy, power, knowledge, wisdom, distance, light, sound, order, chaos, etc. all within a finite space. The universe is limited yet it is unlimited at the same time. The past goes on forever backwards as the future will continue to go on forever forwards. And yet everything stretches outwards forever while it is all contained at the same time. And since the universe is God's body it has always been in existence and will to continue to always exist. The was no big bang nor will there ever be a big crunch (apologies to those whom believe otherwise). Everything is interconnected no-matter how big or small, plain or fantastic, dull or ridiculous, beautiful or ugly. Anything and everything is part of the whole. And the blueprint of creation itself? The intersecting Tetrahedral--a pair of 3D equilateral triangles that intertwine and form the basis of all that we know and don't know. The Star of David is a 2D representation of the sacred blueprint. Our current minds are too primitive to even begin comprehending the possibilities that are out there. Many don't even want to know cause they think it's all mambo-jumbo or they simply do not understand because their minds can't grasp the concept, or they aren't ready to know more then they're comfortable with. Other are bound by entirely different faiths and thus will not accept other explanations because it goes against their faith. But all-in-all everything and every one is interconnected. They have always been , and will always continue to be so.

Granted this doesn't answer all you've asked. But it's enough for now  :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:35:34 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 01:44:54 AM »
Dude... Are you sure you're just drinking? 'Cause it sounds like something else. Damn, I want some of that good stuff.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 11:12:58 AM »
Dude... Are you sure you're just drinking? 'Cause it sounds like something else. Damn, I want some of that good stuff.

Is this for The Bellmonster or me, cause I don't know either way, lol. But I do know that I don't drink, smoke or do drugs. I'm as lucid  and clean as anybody can get.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 02:03:35 PM »
Is this for The Bellmonster or me, cause I don't know either way, lol. But I do know that I don't drink, smoke or do drugs. I'm as lucid  and clean as anybody can get.

Bellmonster of course, you get high on life.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 05:04:27 PM »
I'm approximately 10-15 years younger than you, and I thought I may have been the oldest so I learned something new today.

NDE no and touch wood, at least not as far as I remember. OBE yes, a handful of times but not really in the market to go into it. It's one of those things where it only really applies to the person experiencing it. Also I'm open to new ideas and all (and was at the time) but I've never been one to experience these sorts of 'supernatural' themed things until the last few years, and very rarely a couple of times before.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 07:21:31 PM »
Wow and here I am thinking I was going to get a warning for my implication on being anti religious. I learned something today too it seems. Second I am surprised that I drank skunked beer and managed to finish making this post with relative coherence. If I could only find that nip of Red Devil or Fireball or whatever.

I'm approximately 10-15 years younger than you, and I thought I may have been the oldest so I learned something new today.

NDE no and touch wood, at least not as far as I remember. OBE yes, a handful of times but not really in the market to go into it. It's one of those things where it only really applies to the person experiencing it. Also I'm open to new ideas and all (and was at the time) but I've never been one to experience these sorts of 'supernatural' themed things until the last few years, and very rarely a couple of times before.

Zangetsu alls I can say is I'm envious of yous fellers for being younger and for your experiences unless of course some were unpleasant.

X I am impressed and have a lot of respect for you insight. The Michael Ellner quote is one of the best I have ever heard. I take from your post that you are into or have delved into the sacred geometry realm seeing that you have mentioned it. Also I am envious of the aformentioned as well as the fact you do not need drugs or alcohol. I was that way for most of my life but it seems that I have to dip my feet a little which is much less than preferable. In regards to what you said about the true spirit or the finest of all company. Lets just say I wish I was in it's presence I would like to know what happened to my departed mother, father and a certain young lady with a really bright future that was cut short some 8 years ago. Love and RIP.

Mooning Freddy wish I did. I have not lit up for a few days now and I am ass out of the shit. However, I would rather find an equally effective way of absorbing the stuff into my system without having to smoke it. If we were hanging out I'd gladly puff puff pass.

Anyway it is nice to see that I am not alone in my belief in something beyond all this. Religious types make me neurotic but their polar opposites make me depressed.

A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 08:25:10 PM »
Wow and here I am thinking I was going to get a warning for my implication on being anti religious.
No man, even as someone who worships God in my own way, I never try to influence the beliefs of others. Why? Regardless of religion there are decent people and there are not so decent people, regardless of their geography, ethnicity, religion, beliefs, socio-economic status, etc.

I learned something today too it seems. Second I am surprised that I drank skunked beer and managed to finish making this post with relative coherence. If I could only find that nip of Red Devil or Fireball or whatever.

Hahaha word.

Zangetsu alls I can say is I'm envious of yous fellers for being younger and for your experiences unless of course some were unpleasant.

Let's say most of the time it was insightful and for the better, 1 time in particular changed my life in a profound way, 2-3 other times seemed very important. These experiences are few and far between and I have however had 1 or 2 experiences which were troubling, from which point on I thought in my mind "I don't really want to experience these things as frequently".

One can also find profoundness in waking life, but you just have to see the signs and I guess subconsciously you would have to believe in them for them to manifest in the first place. 

Lets just say I wish I was in it's presence I would like to know what happened to my departed mother, father and a certain young lady with a really bright future that was cut short some 8 years ago. Love and RIP.

I know this sounds cliche, but have you ever just spoken to them? I just speak out loud to my departed loved ones now and then, it doesn't seem to hurt things.

Anyway it is nice to see that I am not alone in my belief in something beyond all this. Religious types make me neurotic but their polar opposites make me depressed.
This quote is potentially the start of a very strange infomercial which may offer people something in between the two :P

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 11:30:07 PM »
Lets just say I wish I was in it's presence I would like to know what happened to my departed mother, father and a certain young lady with a really bright future that was cut short some 8 years ago. Love and RIP.

My condolences on your losses. I've also lost a lot of family memebers as well (in a very short span of time too, I might add). All were from cancer. That's the Grim Reaper of my family. If I only had a whip...

But zangetsu468 is right. Just try taking to them, even if you don't think they'll hear you. The Other Side is not nearly as limited as this plain is, so give it a shot. You got nothing to lose, and who knows? You just might get a reply in some form or another. I'll tell you a little story. About 3 days or so after my Dad passed away from lung cancer, my Uncle asks my Mom if she had the Ford Mustang running for some reason. She said no. My Uncle went to turn off the car and found that there were no keys in the ignition. The doors were locked, and this mustang did not have an auto-start function. Everyone feels that my Dad had sent us a message that day--to let us know that he made it safely. And he loved the Ford Mustang since it was his car.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 02:14:25 AM »
My condolences on your losses. I've also lost a lot of family memebers as well (in a very short span of time too, I might add). All were from cancer. That's the Grim Reaper of my family. If I only had a whip...

But zangetsu468 is right. Just try taking to them, even if you don't think they'll hear you. The Other Side is not nearly as limited as this plain is, so give it a shot. You got nothing to lose, and who knows? You just might get a reply in some form or another. I'll tell you a little story. About 3 days or so after my Dad passed away from lung cancer, my Uncle asks my Mom if she had the Ford Mustang running for some reason. She said no. My Uncle went to turn off the car and found that there were no keys in the ignition. The doors were locked, and this mustang did not have an auto-start function. Everyone feels that my Dad had sent us a message that day--to let us know that he made it safely. And he loved the Ford Mustang since it was his car.

Guys my condolences too, I similarly lost the closest person to me (my entire life) from cancer. Let me tell you X that to this day electrical devices do things they wouldn't normally do. Interpretation is up to the individual, but it's more that when you know things are specific to certain people it's them. The realm of life goes beyond mortal sensory perception.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 07:53:55 PM »
Guys my condolences too, I similarly lost the closest person to me (my entire life) from cancer. Let me tell you X that to this day electrical devices do things they wouldn't normally do. Interpretation is up to the individual, but it's more that when you know things are specific to certain people it's them. The realm of life goes beyond mortal sensory perception.

When people say they believe in something supernatural and come across and inarticulate it makes it hard to believe them but when someone who has no reason to believe, to deceive or to profit sees something objectively real describes it concisely and all the signs make sense my ears perk up. Sorry about your loss. I wish I had that sort of relationship growing up it would have probably drawn me closer to that which I am searching for. I do believe that what has happened to you really did happen. Must be that inner nagging that we get when we feel that there is more than what meets the eye.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 08:19:39 PM »
When people say they believe in something supernatural and come across and inarticulate it makes it hard to believe them but when someone who has no reason to believe, to deceive or to profit sees something objectively real describes it concisely and all the signs make sense my ears perk up. Sorry about your loss. I wish I had that sort of relationship growing up it would have probably drawn me closer to that which I am searching for. I do believe that what has happened to you really did happen. Must be that inner nagging that we get when we feel that there is more than what meets the eye.

Thanks man.

The funny thing is that even though I'm open to a lot of logic and reasoning regarding spirituality or supernatural occurrences (even if they go beyond perception) I've never been a big experiencer of it in waking life beyond the occasional dream or sleep induced equivalent.
However, this person in my life was and they used to see, hear, feel and generally experience things of that nature. I also know this to be true because I was present a couple of times when they happened. (99% of the time these were not negative occurrences in any way)

The strange thing is since that person has been gone myself and others (some not even blood related) have experienced these things with our own senses in waking life, even to the point of visually seeing things that we normally wouldn't. All this tells me is that the dearly departed really do live through us.

Also to touch on that last part about "inner nagging", I agree to my own definition: basically signs seem to come in times of need or when something significant like change is happening, even if it's not visible yet (only visible in hindsight). When all is settled, maybe they're not required as much.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 11:36:35 PM »

No prob bro  :)  I'm the sort that uses both science and spirituality. They're two sides of the same coin, and you can never hope to fully grasp the concept of life, the universe, and everything in between without both.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 01:12:53 PM »
There's so much still that science can't explain. Multiple dimensions, the inside of a black hole, dark matter, KIC 8462852's dimming..

Spirituality doesn't have to mean religion. It's something deeply personal and until a definite truth is discovered, it's subjective. Your version of the truth is the truth. Personally I can't rationalize perpetual consciousness after death. As much as I'd like to... I really want to..  I could go on and on and I'd like to but...

Puff puff pass.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 01:14:37 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 02:20:23 PM »
@Belmontoya I thought it was "Puff Puff Give" ? :p