Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: SHOCKING NEWS: MercurySteam/Konami initally had Yamane's music for LoS...  (Read 19636 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I would just like to add that Castlevania music for me has something in it that can easily be hummed and that makes it catchy for me.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I would just like to add that Castlevania music for me has something in it that can easily be hummed and that makes it catchy for me.
Pretty much this.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
So Lament of Innocence is not Castlevania music?

For me CV music is inherently dark, powerful or melancholic, that's the only condition, that's what I despise some PoR - OOE music

Everything comes full circle

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
LoI was plenty catchy. It had some really catchy beats. Anti soul mysteries lab comes to mind
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Castlevania music pre LoS is good. Castlevania "music" from LoS on sucks.

There's your differentiation right there.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
So Lament of Innocence is not Castlevania music?

For me CV music is inherently dark, powerful or melancholic, that's the only condition, that's what I despise some PoR - OOE music
My same thoughts, POR and OOE music sounded too magical making it fitting to Harry Potter movies :P

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
LoI was plenty catchy. It had some really catchy beats. Anti soul mysteries lab comes to mind
It has as many catchy tunes as LoS, one in a million, it was pretty atmospheric. It was a great soundtrack. I still like CoD more because Yamane was on fire, her best work since SOTN.

My same thoughts, POR and OOE music sounded too magical making it fitting to Harry Potter movies :P
Because when I think Dracula I think jazz. Jesus.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

nigga u crazy

PoR's music was pretty much a continuation of CV1 and Haunted Castle's style - upbeat, catchy, and pretty cheesy. As for OoE, I don't know why you'd say it wasn't dark, powerful, or melancholic. Heck, even SCIV had jazz - remember Stage 3?

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
Or for that matter, Dracula's Tears in DoS, or Rondo's happy synthpop, like Opus 13. Or even SotN's jazzy cavern music.  Castlevania has always had upbeat and non-gothic stuff along with the "dark" music. Certainly a lot of Rondo's music (outside of Bloody Tears) in particular will not conjour up any image of Dracula.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:50:11 AM by beingthehero »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I know the series has had jazz influences since its beginning, and those tracks feel out of loop to me. Feels like a cartoon.
The difference between Opus13 and the SOTN one is that the SOTN one is still mysterious and powerful, kinda mystical, its instrumentation is anachronic but the melodic line isn't. That's a big difference.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Castlevania music pre LoS is good. Castlevania "music" from LoS on sucks.

There's your differentiation right there.

Because when I think Dracula I think jazz. Jesus.
IMO, only SotN can get away with Jazz. Because 90's.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I bet if Nujabes made the music for a new castlevania game, Hip-hop would be a plausible genre for the series

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I bet if Nujabes made the music for a new castlevania game, Hip-hop would be a plausible genre for the series
I'd rather die.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
    • Awards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPfsbGR1Foo

But it's been done already and it's glorious

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

Tags: