Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: SotN Radio Drama?  (Read 55236 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2008, 11:51:26 PM »
Nice find! Thanks.

Offline CastlevaniaX

• Work at Night
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: SotN Radio Drama?
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2008, 04:53:14 AM »
Hi dudes,

Thanks for your effort in translating the Drama to English. This is not because I'm only enjoying it but I'm translating it to Arabic for all arabian Castlevania fans.

Anyway,I wonder if you guys translate all the ten episodes to english 'cause I think there is more to tell about Magnus & Ryodomiro. As per Ryodomiro, I'm still confused of his sudden appearance .. how could he make it for the last 350 years ? Well, I know he's a vampire ( I assume ) but where has he been ?

I know I've to wait for the game, but a few ratiocinations won't harm ... I guess.

Well, thanks guys .. keep it up

Thanks Kojima .. one of the revolutionaries in the entertainment industry

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2008, 11:28:58 PM »
i'd say episode 11 was up and put up a link to it, but, who cares, the drama's over and they're just talking in it.  i wonder how long they will continue putting out new epsisodes without actual content?  i hope they post some spoilers about the upcoming PS3 game.  not that i'd ever hear about it though.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 11:31:09 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Eternal_Sunset

• Awards
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2008, 01:20:24 AM »
In Reply To #123

So I guess the entire radio drama is done is Japanese huh?

Offline CapComMDb

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2008, 07:46:56 PM »
Well, I managed to sit down and listen to the entire thing. I can't say I was terribly impressed with it, and got tired towards the end (probably shouldn't have done the entire thing in one sitting!). But I'm not convinced there's really anything of deep interest happening here [except for maybe some discussions about the Vampire Killer and Richter]. I got pretty confused in the 5th episode because of all this fighting going on.

I don't think the content of the story is anything to write home about - it doesn't sound like they have anything real dramatic happening, and it may be best to consider it as Iga playing around with other media, maybe getting people excited over the 360/PS3 game.

The basic story (kind of a recap) is that there is a vampire on the loose killing young girls in a village. Magnus accuses Alucard of the deed to Maria, who's mind becomes (unnecessarily) clouded by it. Silyl and Alexis, two vampire hunters, are on the scene trying to solve the problem, too, but seem to have been tricked by Magnus somewhere along the way. Lyudomil seems to have also been manipulated by Magnus over his beliefs about humans and vampires (related to Lisa's death). Richter comes out of hiding to help. Alucard and Richter fight Magnus in his lair and they kill him. Lyudomil dies, as does Silyl.

I think that Magnus's motive was to resurrect Dracula. I think he was using Lyudomil to help do it, but I don't know enough Japanese to figure out a whole lot. But what do I know? Maybe somebody (Danial? Raven-kun?) can give a better summary of the whole thing than what I have below...

[UPDATE!]
Here are additional posts of interest for those just getting here:

Plot summary from site: #18
Character Bios: #20, #9
Cast: #11

[/UPDATE!]

So far, we've got a fairly detailed summary of episodes 1, 2, and 4 earlier in the thread, so I've linked to those. Here is my summary (along with links to previous posts), which undoubtedly has some errors in it:

Episode 1: Vampire attacks a girl, prologue (story recap with dialogue from SotN), Lyudomil discussing Lisa with Alucard (6:30), Maria and Alucard talk (8:30); Maria leaves in a fluster and Alucard leaves with his Imp familiar. [See Danial's post - #116 - for a detailed overview]

Episode 2: Silyl and Alexis are looking for the Vampire and wondering what happened to Richter, Maria is in town looking for ingredients to make a treat for Alucard (1:40); she gets a letter from Richter that talks about the vampire attacks and suspects Alucard of the deed (3:00); Silyl and Alexis run into Maria in the forest (4:30); they talk for awhile and then leave. Magnus appears and taunts Maria (5:35), accusing Alucard of killing the maidens (6:55); they fight, Maria gets caught in the incubus trap (10:15), but breaks free (11:10). Magnus flies away. [See #90 and #91 for a detailed overview]

Episode 3: Maria tells Alucard about Magnus, and she has doubts about Alucard; Meanwhile, Silyl and Alexis are in the forest and they kill a werewolf with holy water (1:40); Richter was watching the fight, and doesn't think they're good vampire hunters (3:00). Meanwhile, Alucard and Maria are talking again about Magnus (5:25), and Alucard gives her contrary information (basically confirming something that Magnus said). She runs off in a fluster (8:10) and Alucard goes out as well. Lyudomil and Alucard talk in the forest (8:40) and the topic of Lisa comes up again. Lyudomil leaves (10:55) and then Magnus appears (11:30). He taunts them (and I think he does something bad to Lyudomil) and uses black magic to choke Alucard and the Imp (12:30). He flies off, leaving Alucard all beat up. [See #96]

Episode 4: Maria is out looking for Alucard and runs into Alexis and Silyl (0:50). They talk about this 'medicine' and are off to use it, but Maria stops them and the vial crashes on the floor (2:50), releasing black magic. Richter comes to the rescue as Maria passes out (4:00). Richter and Alucard talk (4:15), then Maria wakes up (6:35). Alucard leaves and has a quick discussion with Richter (7:40), and his imp familiar tells him a vampire is near. [see Raven-Kun's detailed translation/summary #106].

Episode 5: This one was pretty confusing for me. Silyl meets up with Richter and says that Alexis has run off to fight Magnus; he runs off to help. Meanwhile, Alucard is in Magnus's lair (1:05). Alexis appears and confronts Alucard (1:30). Someone (either Lyudomil or Alucard) attacks Alexis. Lyudomil says some things that Alucard doesn't like. The Silyl appears and attacks with some holy water (3:50). Mangus shows up and it seems that Lyudomil might be aligned with Magnus now... The Imp gets attacked (5:45), and then Lyudomil (I think) beats up Silyl (6:15). Richter shows up (8:00) and Alucard disappears into another room. Magnus taunts Alucard some (9:00). Then Lyudomil says something about Lisa (10:15) and later on, Lyudomil seems to be morphing into some sort of monster (10:50). Magnus taunts, preparing for battle.

Episode 6: Richter fights some bats. Lyudomil continues to morph while Magnus taunts (0:25). Then Maria shows up (1:00) but gets attacked by magic (1:25). Alucard goes to her aid, and Lyudomil gets attacked by Magnus. Meanwhile, Silyl is dying, with Alexis and Richter by his side (3:15). Silyl suddenly realizes something important and tells it to Richter in his dying breath, Richter then proceeds to attack Mangus with the Vampire Killer (3:50). Alcuard and Richter fight Magnus, who is now unfocused. He gets sliced by Alucard and then dissolves into dust or bats (5:30). Alucard talks with his dying friend, Lyudomil (6:00). [See also #117]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 08:08:05 PM by CapComMDb »
"The sleep of Reason produces monsters."

Offline Eternal_Sunset

• Awards
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2008, 08:16:35 PM »
In Reply To #125

Cool! Thanx for the recap. I just wish I knew some japanese myself.

Offline CapComMDb

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2008, 09:17:25 PM »
Well I know a little. I can pick out some words here and there, but it's mostly recognizing who the characters are, and sometimes (like in the big battle) it's difficult to tell who is saying what (particularly when it's just people screaming). There were some interesting phrases that popped up once in awhile like 'Dracula hakushoku' and the discussions on Lisa. I figure those are pretty important to understanding the plot.

Oh yeah, I don't think the Imp was ever given a name. He's just 'Imp.'

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2008, 12:28:53 PM »
Do you think that Lyudmil is the vampire who actually sucked the blood of those village women instead of Alucard?  Was he the vampire that the Imp was alarmed at when he said a vampire was nearby?

Is Maria living with Alucard at this point?  I think that's what the google/babel fish translation of Maria's profile meant when it said that she and Alucard "acted together" after the defeat of Dracula.  Are they also living with Richter?  Judgment says that Maria was adopted into the Belmont family, so I think Richter was her guardian after the events of Rondo.  She's 18 in the drama though, so she might be living with Alucard alone now (and if she received a letter from Richter, he was either living somewhere else, or was away for a while).  I'm trying to add some of this detail to Maria's page in the Castlevania wiki.

Offline CapComMDb

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2008, 05:15:54 PM »
Well, I'm not sure. It does seem fairly clear though that Alucard and Maria are living together - remember, she ran off with him at the end of SotN. A young, unmarried woman living with a...well, unmarried man (especially a 300-some-year-old dhampyr), though, that's kind of scandalous for that time period. I think it's fairly certain though that Alucard loves Maria, based on his protective concerns for her in episodes 4 and 6.

Richter I think lives by himself (or rather, with Anette). Maybe in a hermit hut or something if he's no longer living in the village (maybe he helped rebuild it like Trevor?).

As for the vampire... Well, the two culprits are Magnus and Lyudmil. My suspicion based on what I could understand and deduce was that Lyudmil was the vampire and he was driven to attack the maidens by Magnus. My guess is it's revealed in episode 5, but that one is very confusing.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2008, 06:43:00 PM »
Ok, so those do seem like reasonable conclusions anyway, cool.  I did finish rewriting the Maria's character history in the Castlevania Wiki with details from Dracula X Chronicles, the radio drama, and other sources (spent pretty much half a day on it).  The profile has plenty of "probably" or "maybe" statements in it in reguard to the radio drama events (everything was based on posts in this thread), but I think it'll do for now until we have a line-by-line translation of the drama. 

http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Maria_Renard

;D

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2008, 11:07:22 PM »
*reads article*

Her primary weapon is a pole containing a caged owl

Okay, I didn't even notice that until about five seconds ago.

Offline CapComMDb

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »
Episode 12 is out now:

http://stream.i-revo.jp/meta/573st/dracula/dracula12_0109.wax

Haven't had a chance to listen, but drama's over.

EDIT: There is an interview with Iga about halfway through the broadcast (~17:00). He talks about OoE (and the crab boss) as well as Judgment.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 06:51:03 PM by CapComMDb »

mgfcortez

« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2008, 11:16:58 PM »
please someone do a word by word translation :'(
where we can know the story because you know we won't get an english version:(

maybe we fans could even start our own fan dub of the story.
ppl here could redo the music and others ppl here could do voice acting wouldn't that be bad ass ;D
not saying the voices would be that good being fans but hay could be cool :P
anyway hope to see a full text translation at least, by an cool japanese/english speaking castlevania fan wanting to bring it to use as well ;)

Offline Eternal_Sunset

• Awards
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2008, 05:12:46 PM »
In Reply To #133
hey i could go for that.

Offline CapComMDb

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2008, 12:58:46 PM »
The broadcast of general news has completed. The final file is called dracula12_6666.wax

So you can modify your other files to match.

Early broadcasts are still going. The only one I'm missing is episode 1, as I don't have any idea what that filename could be. It might be possible to find the original files through the website, but that's beyond me:

mms://delivery.i-revo.jp/i-revo/573st/dracula/

Tags: