Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Are these forums compatible with any iPhone forum app?  (Read 3037 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Are these forums compatible with any iPhone forum app?
« on: November 16, 2010, 02:27:07 PM »
I'm trying to find an easier way to browse and post on these forums through my iPhone. I've tried Tapatalk (didn't work) and Forum Runner (didn't work). Is it up to the people/mods behind the Castlevania Dungeon Forums to sorta... "activate" some compatibility for one of these apps maybe? Or is there another good app I don't know about?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Re: Are these forums compatible with any iPhone forum app?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 06:28:42 PM »
I can read these forums on my Droid with little issues... I don't know about the iPhone.
I suppose I can look up an iPhone-friendly skin, perhaps?  You know... set it to that and 'maybe' they'll load and read right on mobile devices?  I'll take a look.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 07:00:35 PM »
Well, I can browse here through the Safari browser, but everything is kinda small unless I zoom in like crazy. I've tried the Tapatalk app and it works great with some other forums. When I search for Castlevania it says something like: "Can't find the forum your looking for? Ask the forum administrator to activate Tapatalk!" ...dunno if anyone besides me would be intersted in that though, lol! Also, I don't know how its done either. They make it sound easy though!

Tapatalk should be compatible with SMF anyway, that's all I know.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:02:58 PM by shelverton. »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 07:17:33 PM »
You're not the only one, shels. I, too, use my iPhone to browse this site, but I use the Google app. I have to zoom in to read the text too. In fact I typed this message on my device XDD

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 09:09:55 PM »
Why don't you guys go take a look... or something? >_>
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 10:19:19 PM »
It works!! :D
Thanks Jorge! Tapatalk is finally useful :D

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 10:25:44 PM »
You're welcome.
I tested it with AndroidOS and it works on that version just as well.
Made an icon and a banner for it, too. :D
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 11:29:03 PM »
Excellent. *high-five*

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 07:18:24 AM »
**high-five** :3
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 09:05:13 PM »
Umm...not attempting "thread necromancy" here...just thought it'd be better to ask in the thread it's related to...

I stumbled upon "tapatalk" when attempting to look at this site on my android browser...but it doesn't exactly work unless I'm missing something.  I can see topics, but when I open them to read/post, they never load anything.  I mean...it loads the place to "quick reply", but never any posts to read and quick reply to...am I just missing something on how to operate this app?

edit:  I found a little more in another thread...I'm guessing I'm not missing anything, it just doesn't work?  (At least it was free!)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:08:40 PM by theANdROId »

Tags:

anything