Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anyone here read comics?  (Read 5313 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 04:02:37 AM »
I'm not hugely into the manga form of comic books. I can see why people like it, and I'm sure there are good books and storylines - the style just never appealed to me that much.

Not liking manga is about as weird to me as sticking to manga exclusively. Almost, but not quite. It's just a comic from another region.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 11:47:43 AM »
There was also another human who made it into the Green Lantern Corps. Guy Gardner I think his name is. He left due to his rough nature, that and getting into trouble with Superman quite frequently. They had him in the Death and Return of superman comics. Doomsday gave him a good beating  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 06:24:30 AM »
I read comics, but I tend to dislike typical superhero flair. I do make exceptions, though, like Batman Year 1 and the like.
I'm in the middle of The Walking Dead and Akira, but one comic I really enjoyed reading, despite my bias against furries, was Blacksad, an anthropomorphic detective noire story. Awesome storytelling, amazing artwork, a must-read.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Juno106

Re: Anyone here read comics?
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 11:41:40 AM »
I read this a few months ago.
Very interesting account by a cartoonist (Derf) who knew him during junior/high school.   :o

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 03:27:28 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't have time or any space for comics, also, comic reading can get costly, but I used to more. I mostly like to keep up with what's going on in the series I like, mostly Marvel comics and Batman. So I'll stay informed from friends and the Internet. But I love comics and super heroes.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 06:37:30 PM »
As you may (or may not) have noticed from my sig, I'm a fan of Stephen King's work... and I've been getting the comic book prequels of The Dark Tower - which is really good, in that SK pops in now and then to check up on things as per the writing (which is handled very well by Robin Furth), and the artwork by Richard Isanove is beautiful and by turns disturbing IMO. Check these out to see what I mean:

If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Tags: