Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274053 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #780 on: October 07, 2015, 02:19:45 PM »
I've got time to beta test and offer my feedback for the game if needed. I've played a build I found online a little while ago (labeled Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse BETA), but I don't know how accurate it is of the current version you have now. If it is more-or-less the same, I can go ahead and post my criticism here.

He realeased a beta right before summer, I think. Somewhere around there.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #781 on: October 07, 2015, 04:30:02 PM »
@ eryson:
Thanks as always man  ;D im DEFINITELY using this track for the game,  I made it specifically for the game on one of the big boss fights.  ;)

@ spookyhappyfun:
Thanks!  ;D better late than never  ;) lol thanks for the kind words!!

@ ProjectDread
Sure man, no problem at all if you have the time. I'll be honest ahead of time tho lol, there are quite a few things that break the game and the controls at times are sluggish, but 99% of the issues/feedback I got from the first beta have been corrected. But its always good to have more input so feel free man and thanks  8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #782 on: October 19, 2015, 08:35:00 PM »
Glad to see this is still going on.

Just watched that boss vid... at first I thought he'd be easy but I noticed then, that you had to hit the blob. Which did raise the difficulty quite a bit considering the doppelganger is so aggressive.

Looks like the things that concerned me were already mentioned and taken care of. Godspeed, would love to try it when it comes out.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #783 on: October 20, 2015, 09:12:27 AM »
Glad to see this is still going on.

Just watched that boss vid... at first I thought he'd be easy but I noticed then, that you had to hit the blob. Which did raise the difficulty quite a bit considering the doppelganger is so aggressive.

Looks like the things that concerned me were already mentioned and taken care of. Godspeed, would love to try it when it comes out.
thanks man! Hopefully i'll have something up and running soon provided my work schedule chills a bit...ah the joys of life! Lol

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #784 on: October 24, 2015, 09:41:39 PM »
Nice video, the game looks great! If you don't mind a comment though, it felt very out of place to hear Grant say "It's show time!". Doesn't fit the era of the game at all!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #785 on: October 27, 2015, 08:21:34 AM »
Thanks man! Yeah I agree about the showtime shout lol. I ripped that from PoR from Jonathan as a placeholder. Since I have a means to do it I may throw some voice acting in there. I can adjust pitches and all the fun whatnot lol so that will definitely be out of the final release lol.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #786 on: October 27, 2015, 09:12:09 AM »
You know, dude, you really could just use their voice clips from Judgment, just sayin'. :V
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #787 on: October 27, 2015, 09:22:37 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion dude, actually already did that for all the other characters but grants is a bit limited lol. If theu wouldve gotten him OUT of that love triangle they made for grant it wouldve been great lol.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #788 on: November 05, 2015, 07:57:43 PM »
Well, i had some free time tonight, so i was looking at the OST and was thinking of another track to throw in for either the courtyard or the cliffside entrance and it hit me - one of my all time favorite CV tracks; Heart of Fire.  Lol I'm still not quite sure which stage i'll add it to, but im leaning towards the cliffside entrance because the track is very climactic and that stage needs some love like this lol.  Hope you folks enjoy  ;D

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/5i7yzsenkkg9cu3/The_Fury_Within_-_Heart_of_Fire.mp3

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #789 on: November 25, 2015, 07:00:02 PM »
So i tried my hand at making a custom Trevor sprite from LoS, and i'm actually happy with it considering it's my first full, true custom sprite lol.  Note that the animation speeds are much higher at run at rate in game (can't find a way to speed up the frames in the gif itself  :rollseyes: )

Idle:

Walking:

Attack:

I'll post a vid when i get the Vampire Killer set up, also i'll most likely be adding the whip flail ala SCV4 as well.  Hope you guys like them!  8)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 07:08:37 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #790 on: November 25, 2015, 08:38:47 PM »
+1
So i tried my hand at making a custom Trevor sprite from LoS, and i'm actually happy with it considering it's my first full, true custom sprite lol.  Note that the animation speeds are much higher at run at rate in game (can't find a way to speed up the frames in the gif itself  :rollseyes: )

Idle:

Walking:

Attack:

I'll post a vid when i get the Vampire Killer set up, also i'll most likely be adding the whip flail ala SCV4 as well.  Hope you guys like them!  8)

Go to gifmaker.me to make your gifs. It has a lot of speed options and such. Also, why do you have so many frames? It's at the point of ludicrous amounts. SotN didn't need anywhere near that many. In the walking cycle, he should move his arms and body. It also needs some more contrast between colours. Other than those issues, they look nice.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Wallz!

• Hunter in Training
  • Experimental fan games galore!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #791 on: November 25, 2015, 11:00:45 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you're using bones. The animations are fluid, however, it would look a lot less strange if you went and added corrections to smooth out smaller details and choose like, half of the frames from what you have now. The sprites are just too small for how fluid they are. I'd also suggest adding some shadows, especially to help distinguish the back and front legs.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #792 on: November 26, 2015, 01:03:29 PM »
Huh, i seconded about the sprite size too, its very tiny to such type of animation...and the hair position when he attacks feels a bit off, But the rest is fine.
You're planning in use these kind of animations in the playable characters of your game too?
Well.. Can be a unique experience indeed...

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #793 on: November 26, 2015, 04:24:00 PM »
Thanks for all the input guys  8) and for those of us in the states happy thanksgiving!  Ive never claimed to be a spriter lmao, furthest from it actually. Something got in to me the other night and I said screw it, lets give it a try lol, with that being said i'll take all the feedbacks/tips I can get so thanks for that fellas lol. I'll try dropping the number of frames and see how that affects it. When you see it in action, it had a 3D style look to it that I really like.

@Bloo
Thanks for the site man, next go around I'll checkit out for sure.I agree on the torso in the walk,  I'll most likely be making another sprite set for the different angles.

@ronny
Thanks for the input on the shadows, I'll definitely try that out. This has been my first true attempt so fasho I'll make all the noob mistakes lol. And you're right, I rig the sprite with bones to animate. Like i mentioned i'll try lowering the amount of frames and see where that goes. May clear it right up  ;)

@ eryson
I may use him in place of the Trevor I have now, considering Kaonstantine did a badass job on Sypha and I made a Grant based off of SOTN. Donver is working on Alucard now as well so if you guys arent objected to it I may tweak this a bit more and use him instead, that way all the heroes are custom made.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 04:25:31 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #794 on: November 26, 2015, 04:55:49 PM »
Thanks for all the input guys  8) and for those of us in the states happy thanksgiving!  Ive never claimed to be a spriter lmao, furthest from it actually. Something got in to me the other night and I said screw it, lets give it a try lol, with that being said i'll take all the feedbacks/tips I can get so thanks for that fellas lol.

If this is your first try, It's a very good one. My first try was defenitely... special.

(click to show/hide)

Tags: