Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania 3 SNES soundtrack  (Read 9430 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 04:50:21 PM »
It won't. Both the SNES CV games use a very different sound engine from SMW.
There is, however, a utility one could use to extract the samples from SCV4 or CVDX. One could then insert those sample into SMW and then you would have them sound more *correct* as it were.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 09:03:46 PM »
Considering the 'dated' feel of these tracks I found myself liking two out all of them. But to have all the cv3 tracks done in SCV4 or DXX stylization would be real ear candy.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 10:17:48 PM »
It won't. Both the SNES CV games use a very different sound engine from SMW.
There is, however, a utility one could use to extract the samples from SCV4 or CVDX. One could then insert those sample into SMW and then you would have them sound more *correct* as it were.

What's the name of the utility?  I'm curious to know whether I have it already or not.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 11:30:31 PM »
SNES Sound Ripper
You can find it in the tools section of SMWCentral.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 07:19:31 AM »
Well, I'mma doin' it.

Nine tracks done so far, and you damn skippy know I'm Dracula9 DUN DUN DUNNNN!

A third party hosting site that's not a spamming virus trolololol douchebag. Holy shit.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 08:04:52 AM »
The music sounds incredibly familiar...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 08:54:11 AM »
It should, I always use your MIDIs as bases when doing CV remixes, Jorge. 'Cuz you da boss. 8)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 10:15:03 AM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

anything