Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: How do you deal with being prejudiced against?  (Read 22146 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: How do you deal with being prejudiced against?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 12:49:52 AM »
That's why you have to punch them in the face, X.

Oh you're a pacifist? Then pass your fist through their face ;)

One of the main reasons I was hated and teased on was because of my weight it was always the fat jokes with me. However one fact will always remain I am and always will be a big guy. (hell I worked off freaking 100 plus pound I was 360+ now i am in the 250's I am 6'2 I can freaking wear a 2xlt shirt my pants size went from 50 something+ to 42 and I am a active guy I played Football and Lacrosse when I was in high school and I still do some good old walking/jogging/running) Yet I think that with all of that I think my high tolerence might have played a part in it but there is a point when enough is enough and YOU make a statement of don't mess with me.

One of these moments happened in 8th grade in middle school there was this one kid who just messed with me because I was a big passive person (thought he was a real tough guy) ever since 6th grade (I did not have to deal with him in 7th since I moved but well I still had my social problems) but when I came back I snapped at him (after he disrespected me for the last time) and kicked his ass badly. I recall that quite a bit of blood coming from him after I bashed his head (around one of the eyebrows) into the pointy edge of a pc and throwing him into a bunch of desks after we punched each other (he got me in the temple five times)  in history class after that for the rest of the year untill graduation day almost no one messed with me I had my peace. So in a nutshell I just tolerated their crap let it built up then when that one moment happens and bam!!! 

Lucky for me though that after all that I do not have to deal with those jerks anymore college is a different place I have my friends and my peace ;D

Still the people who do this kind of stuff to other people(who never even did anything to them) to the point that blood must be shed shows that they are really weak or something in their life is just plain wrong. I am a peaceful guy and I always tried to never sink to that level but man don't get someone mad you never know what might happen. Some folks are crazy.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 07:31:58 AM »
So do I, but I think it's OK to hate people for hating (and many religious people DO hate others, muslims are the most notorious for it).  If it weren't then we'd all be speaking german right now.

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 01:28:48 PM »

I am serious when I say I hate muslims, and I'm not ashamed to say it.  If I lived in a muslim theocracy, I would be executed under sharia law.  I can't think of a better reason to hate them. Can you?

Offline Sul_Yong

• Hunter in Training
  • Go ahead and laugh, this world's terrible enough.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 01:56:53 PM »
I personally don't/cannot/unable to hate someone based on religion. If I lived in their theocracy, I'd be killed too. But I wouldn't blame the people or the religion, but rather the ones who are in power that use the cover of "religion" to stay in power. If their religion was questioned, it means their government is questioned, which means their power was questioned, i.e. the questioner is a threat. But the common people could care less if I not Muslim, so why blame them?

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 03:33:46 PM »
Why Hate People simply because they are different?
Cause your too lazy to KNOW people, therefore you are Worst than the People you hate simply because there is no valid reason.

You should at least find valid reasons to not like someone.

Religion doesn't tell people to hate those of other religions, its the hypocrite members of their "godly" society who even treat you like shit if you don't pay tithes.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 11:46:36 PM »
Why Hate People simply because they are different?
Cause your too lazy to KNOW people, therefore you are Worst than the People you hate simply because there is no valid reason.

You should at least find valid reasons to not like someone.

Religion doesn't tell people to hate those of other religions, its the hypocrite members of their "godly" society who even treat you like shit if you don't pay tithes.

I am serious when I say I hate muslims, and I'm not ashamed to say it.  If I lived in a muslim theocracy, I would be executed under sharia law.  I can't think of a better reason to hate them. Can you?

To some lack of understanding leads to fear, fear leads to hate and violence and so on.  Also sometimes all what it takes is just one bad seed to place it's self so all kinds of hell causes it also to break loose.  It does not matter what religion you practice in the end most talk about peace and respect for your fellow men but one person can just screws things all up and misuse religion for their own rotten use like the jonestown massacre.

As for valid reasons a person should not hate for hate if they did something to you it would be undestandable but come on there will always be a bad seed in a group thats how it's always been if I were to hate on most kids my age I would never had made all kinds of friends from different walks of life and converse with different people and to me it is because of their personality and the way they present themself. You don't need to love but at the least find some common ground and try to respect each other at the very least, yet the sad part is that some won't do that and never will.

Hell I have a muslim teacher for my political science class in college and he's cool for the most part just do not judge a book by the cover for the majority of them like for me it's african amercians I have never been able to mesh real well with my black side (I am a mix of black and white to keep it simple) for most of my life(yet my best friend when I was five was black and even though I have not seen him I still remeber him)  because I am not the ganster rap kind of person that surrounds me nor do I say nigga almost every single time even though there are some that are not that bad,yet in the end I say do your thing just leave me out of it.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 07:34:51 AM »
Anyone who believes that myself and virtually everyone I care about doesn't even have a right to be on this earth is not going to be on my friend list.  All analogies about being peaceful kind of go out the window when they make that declaration.  And it's not just muslims, there are plenty of xtians who believe the same thing.  They believe that in their perfect world, I would be dead.  I can't think of a more insulting belief to have about someone, in fact it's far harsher than my own views about them.  I just hate them for causing so much unfair crap for me and I want nothing to do with them.  I wouldn't attack them or teach my children to hate them.
When I mentioned earlier that some of us are in groups that deal with discrimination as a daily part of life, I was talking about from the conservative religious groups, for they make up the most intolerant section of society.  If you are off their radar, then you probably have little idea just how bad it is because you would never see it happening, but trust me those people are ruthless in their quest to cause pain for some of us, and it's all justified in the name of whatever lord they're deluded about. 
Yes, there are people who claim to be members of certain religions but at the same time are not prejudiced, even though their sacred texts are extremely hateful.  I wish those people would either follow the rules of their club, or stop supporting it.  It's like they openly say that they don't believe in most of the tenets of their faith, yet they still support it - which makes no sense and they get very uncomfortable whenever anyone brings it up.  To me, supporting that faith and the hateful texts it upholds is synonymous with directly spewing the hate.  It's like sending money to a neo-nazi group but abhorring racism at the same time - makes NO sense at all.

EDIT:  I don't really intend to have a debate, since debates on this issue never go anywhere.  I just said what I think and I don't believe I'm wrong for thinking it.  It's not hypocritical to hate haters, and if it were then hitler would have taken over the free world because everyone would have been too busy offering analogies about pacifism and peace/love to grab a weapon and fight back.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 07:39:19 AM by Opium »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 10:52:26 AM »
It's not hypocritical to hate haters, and if it were then hitler would have taken over the free world because everyone would have been too busy offering analogies about pacifism and peace/love to grab a weapon and fight back.

This is actually a scenario from Star Trek: ToS. The City on the Edge of Forever.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 03:41:57 PM »
It's not even a debate - yet Hitler card has been thrown..  :-X

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 05:10:48 PM »
It's not even a debate - yet Hitler card has been thrown..  :-X
FUCK! I didn't know Glenn Beck went to these forums!

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 05:45:02 PM »
Glenn Beck invented the Hitler Card?

Also, I had to Google Glenn Beck.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2011, 01:00:38 AM »
Glenn Beck invented the Hitler Card?

Also, I had to Google Glenn Beck.
This video explains everything.

"GLENN BECK HAS NAZI TOURETTES!" - Lewis Black Steamrolls Glenn Beck!

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 06:20:23 AM »
Where I do charity work, I am the only white person there. Everyone else is African/Haitian. I made one friend with a black man named Lennard and he's a really cool dude, but everyone else there just gives me dirty looks and stares at me. Maybe it's because of my AMAZING BEAUTY? Probably not..

I know they aren't directly being prejudiced, but I know what they are thinking when I see them glaring at me from across the room.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2011, 06:53:55 AM »
What are they thinking?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2011, 12:53:33 PM »
Where I do charity work, I am the only white person there. Everyone else is African/Haitian. I made one friend with a black man named Lennard and he's a really cool dude, but everyone else there just gives me dirty looks and stares at me. Maybe it's because of my AMAZING BEAUTY? Probably not..

I know they aren't directly being prejudiced, but I know what they are thinking when I see them glaring at me from across the room.

A lot of people judge a book by its cover. But at least your new buddy Lennard was willing to read the book rather then brows it. A lot more people need to read the book's contents before making a decision. But sadly they aren't doing it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything