Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1045634 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1755 on: June 07, 2015, 09:25:59 PM »
Well, that's it for me... I'm out.

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #1756 on: June 07, 2015, 10:04:18 PM »
+1
lol at you guys getting big dicks over Miriam.

There's been a lot of fan art of Miriam... I wonder if there's that, uh, if there's been, fan art, that, you know... stuff...

Edit:
Aw, damn, why do I need to be the first post of a new page when I'm making a purposely awkward post like this?

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1757 on: June 07, 2015, 10:07:19 PM »
Vita is very worth it. There are some haters here who might say otherwise, but they are just wrong.

You can have SOTN, Castlevania Chronicles, Dracula X chronicles, and now Bloodstained. On top of that you can have Muramasa and Dragons Crown. Then there is the plethora of Jrpgs.

It's well worth it. But of course, so is the Ps4.

If you get both you can use your vita as a second controller and use cross save on Bloodstained. Both are worth it, but go vita first if you're looking to spend $150 as opposed to $400. Personally I would go vita first and then get a ps4 later when they price drop.

Alright serious talk. My other question is this, My friend has a blue vita so are there alternate colors because black gets boring at points and you can use it as a second controller? Wow. If that's the case, could I play let's say tales of hearts R on my T.V or bloodborne on my vita then?

There's been a lot of fan art of Miriam... I wonder if there's that, uh, if there's been, fan art, that, you know... stuff...

It's the ..... ahem.... Pokemetroid...... internet....  :-[ .... But there must be class and respect!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 10:18:09 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1758 on: June 07, 2015, 10:56:23 PM »
I used to be kinda anti-Vita because it lacked games, but then I bought one in late 2014 and now I love it. There aren't hundreds of games I want for it, but I own 20-ish games so far (not counting some excellent psone classics and indie games) and there are quite a few ones on the horizon that I'm very interested in too. It's kinda nice to not be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of available games for once. I can concentrate on the ones I REALLY wanna play.

I'm definitely going with the Vita version of Bloodstained, and then I might pick up an additional retail version of whatever console I own in two years, just to see the prettier graphics. Most likely PS4.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1759 on: June 07, 2015, 11:15:16 PM »
I'm not sure about the other countries. Just black for US unless you get the white special edition one that came with assassins creed. But they have skins that change the color.

Japanese ones come in different colors I think. I dunno though that's not really a selling point for me. Black is fine. You're gonna spend way more time looking at the beautiful OLED display screen than you are the housing of the console.

Yeah the vita works as a second control/ second screen for the ps4. You simply use remote play. Its nice sometimes when I wan a play a ps4 game but my wife wants to use the tv. It's great and makes it even more worth the money. Controllers alone are like $60 bucks. It moves the r2/3 L2/3 buttons to the front and back touch sensors. Works like a charm.

In short, the ps4/vita combo is the greatest console hardware set up ever made.

Let's hope that ps4/vita cross buy thing happens. That should have been a stretch goal.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline 13th Street

• Hunter in Training
  • Mori, monstru!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #1760 on: June 08, 2015, 01:01:49 AM »

He's probably only played like 6 or 7 of the games in the series so that isn't saying much.

It's saying a lot when the thing he disliked about it the most was the open-exploration/backtracking, which is igavania in a nutshell.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:05:31 AM by 13th Street »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1761 on: June 08, 2015, 02:11:09 AM »
Well fudge, now I might contribute $100 to be part of this special clan thing, HEEHEEHEE. And to get a soundtrack CD.

I assume we can choose what name goes in the credits and that y'all will be using Dungeonite screen names?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #1762 on: June 08, 2015, 02:27:06 AM »
What to pledge, what to pledge... currently unemployed, but so tempted to throw 100$ at this...

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1763 on: June 08, 2015, 03:15:10 AM »
What to pledge, what to pledge... currently unemployed, but so tempted to throw 100$ at this...
My exact situation.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1764 on: June 08, 2015, 03:28:54 AM »
Vita is very worth it. There are some haters here who might say otherwise, but they are just wrong.

You can have SOTN, Castlevania Chronicles, Dracula X chronicles, and now Bloodstained. On top of that you can have Muramasa and Dragons Crown. Then there is the plethora of Jrpgs.

It's well worth it. But of course, so is the Ps4.

If you get both you can use your vita as a second controller and use cross save on Bloodstained. Both are worth it, but go vita first if you're looking to spend $150 as opposed to $400. Personally I would go vita first and then get a ps4 later when they price drop.

I love my Vita...the hardware is awesome. I only wish there were more games. It just sucks that such a well-made handheld has very little support going for it.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline chrisy06

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1765 on: June 08, 2015, 04:08:49 AM »
I hope this game will have wall meat.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1766 on: June 08, 2015, 10:13:53 AM »
No need for redundancy or provoking.

I'm already here ready to debate any fool who tries to deduct anything from the pure genius and beautiful work of art that is Super Castlevania 4.

There's no need to trash the pinnacle of CV on this thread. After all, this thread isn't even about a Castlevania game in the first place now is it?

You've misinterpreted my post Belmontyoa. It was not in the vein of redundancy or provoking. SCV4 is also (for me) the best title in the series and I too will defend it. I do apologize if it seemed offensive but that is not the case and it has nothing to do with me. Whatever you thought of it is up to you. I suppose a jk right after it would have helped to clarify the post.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1767 on: June 08, 2015, 11:17:02 AM »
hey what should be Bloodstained ROTN's promotional line?

maybe it could be something like:  "FEEL THE GOTH."

yeah that's catchy.   would look great after trailers, on magazine ads, etc. with Miriam with her iconic pose in the center ;D

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1768 on: June 08, 2015, 12:13:45 PM »
hey what should be Bloodstained ROTN's promotional line?

maybe it could be something like:  "FEEL THE GOTH."

yeah that's catchy.   would look great after trailers, on magazine ads, etc. with Miriam with her iconic pose in the center ;D

People will instantly transform it into "Feel the GOTY" lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1769 on: June 08, 2015, 12:36:54 PM »
+1
Not really feeling "FEEL THE GOTH". Sounds really tweeny to me.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Tags: