Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Battleworld Project - Unreal 4  (Read 3134 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: June 14, 2015, 06:40:44 PM »
So I started another side-project that I am making using Unreal Engine.

Its a WWE title made in the same style of the Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 games.

As people may know I am a 2-D/3-D artist with experience in Game Design.

I could use some character concepts art or and backgrounds if anyone is interested.

If I use them of course you will get credited for your contribution.

If you are interested in helping me out please shoot me a PM and I will fill you in with the details.

http://battleworld-wwe.blogspot.com/

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 07:06:14 PM »
(Hopefully, I am not going to get yelled at or anything for resurrecting my thread  8)).

Anyways, I got sidetracked doing freelance work so amongst my craziness, I finally have time to at least go back to my projects. I am pretty much going to drop doing everyone else's projects and work on my WWE project.

Right now I am developing character art for a few characters in their 2 fighting forms:

(click to show/hide)

I am having crazy difficulty finding people that are really committed on helping me develop this game for Unreal 4. So in order to counter this, I am going to start a 2D Proof Of Concept using Clickteam Fusion first for Phase 1, then transform it into a 2.5D game for Unreal 4 in Phase 2.

If there are any awesome artists that are truly talented and that want to do some some hand drawn animation and can copy my style shoot me a PM and I will see about letting you do the characters for the proof of concept if you are serious and can come through with work.

I will be providing you with all the character concept work for moves, special attacks, animations etc. and you will be hand-drawing and coloring everything. (No spritework  will be used this is actual handdrawn animation.)

There is a blog up for the game now at:

http://battleworld-wwe.blogspot.com/

I am leaving this thread up so that people can post concepts , ask questions, etc. about the game.

I can't promise I will use everything suggested, but I am open to brainstorming with everyone.

Please check out my the game on the blog and post any content here!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 10:47:21 PM »
Hello everyone. I have been submerged for a while with school but alas I have put together a small studio for my WWE Project. It's now being made with Unity and using The Ultimate Fighting Engine. We are just finishing up the Pre-Alpha Build of the engine now.

Alot of cool stuff I am doing I can talk about some things that are already open to the public everything else is closed-source as I have everyone signing NDA's and the works.

I can show a couple of character designs though from the game that I think you guys will enjoy:

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 12:35:15 PM »
Do we have any dungeon members that are good with animating in 3D?

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 03:35:32 PM »
There are a few options, of course it all depends on your rig.

One of the easiest ways is to use multiple Kinects (360 or Xbone) with a 3D pipeline that allows for markerless motion capture such as iPi Soft (http://ipisoft.com/).  Of course, this requires a fairly large and incredibly evenly, well lit space.  Gamestop sells used Xbox 360 Kinect's for cheap, like $20 or $25 a piece.  They work good enough, but for best results you would be better off with an Xbox One Kinect.  It has better capabilities in every way.

If that is not an option, you can use the free DazStudio software to animate using keyframes (but it may require a pay to use plugin, I honestly cannot remember), motion capture data or aniblocks and export to your choice of .bvh or .fbx motion capture data.  This requires expert skills though and even still, you will run into a lot of walls this way.  I tried it with Unreal 4 in the past and it is an absolute fucking nightmare to run but it is possible to get the desired results.  Whether for static poses or animation data, I cannot stress the complexity of this method enough.

In the end, a 3rd option is to use data from a 3rd party.  Carnegie Mellon University released a huge, free library of motion capture data (https://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture/cmu-bvh-conversion), and there are also outlets such as TrueBones (http://www.truebones.com/) that have great products.

Of course, as with all motion capture data, you will still need to refine it to your needs.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 03:37:34 PM by piscesdreams »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 03:33:19 PM »
There are a few options, of course it all depends on your rig.

One of the easiest ways is to use multiple Kinects (360 or Xbone) with a 3D pipeline that allows for markerless motion capture such as iPi Soft (http://ipisoft.com/).  Of course, this requires a fairly large and incredibly evenly, well lit space.  Gamestop sells used Xbox 360 Kinect's for cheap, like $20 or $25 a piece.  They work good enough, but for best results you would be better off with an Xbox One Kinect.  It has better capabilities in every way.

If that is not an option, you can use the free DazStudio software to animate using keyframes (but it may require a pay to use plugin, I honestly cannot remember), motion capture data or aniblocks and export to your choice of .bvh or .fbx motion capture data.  This requires expert skills though and even still, you will run into a lot of walls this way.  I tried it with Unreal 4 in the past and it is an absolute fucking nightmare to run but it is possible to get the desired results.  Whether for static poses or animation data, I cannot stress the complexity of this method enough.

In the end, a 3rd option is to use data from a 3rd party.  Carnegie Mellon University released a huge, free library of motion capture data (https://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture/cmu-bvh-conversion), and there are also outlets such as TrueBones (http://www.truebones.com/) that have great products.

Of course, as with all motion capture data, you will still need to refine it to your needs.

Well, for rigging we are working was a prototype model in Maya to make the animations and then transport them to Unity while the actual character models are being done. I prefer to stick with a Maya or Max workflow as those are fairly known in the industry to work the best in Unity and Unreal.

Thank you very much for the links though, I WILL be going through them to check some of the stuff out you suggested.

I do have the ability to animate, but that is not my forte and I would prefer a legit animator to join my team (the one I have now is not coming through). Basically I am reaching out to people experienced working in 3D in Maya or Max as well as Unity Programmers (We have a Lead and Senior Master level programmer). Oh yeah, and I could use an additional 2d character artist that can replicate the comic book style of Xmen Vs. SF.

Tags: