Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Haunted Castle  (Read 70854 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2013, 07:22:22 PM »
Okay. That's an easy enough fix, I just have to set the stopwatch's global freeze variable to on when the doors are active. :)

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2013, 01:15:20 PM »
+3
Bit of an update.

A few screens of the new sub-boss that's replacing the rock-wall enemy, courtesy of ACE_Spark. Meet the Tree of Iscariot.

He throws bags of silver coins and Tarzan swings. Yaaaaay.

And a few more songs.
Sub-Boss music
Dracula form 1

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2013, 02:56:38 PM »
This hanged man is Judas? Very, very cool, even more with fog, its animated? I mean the fog.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2013, 03:06:33 PM »
Yes, and yes. That fog's just for the enemy test room to see if it's too obscuring (so glad it isn't here). The "actual" fog undulates.
And he's a really cool fight for being so simple. I'm really proud of how he turned out (ACE was too, his blind run stream was hilarious).

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2013, 03:57:00 PM »
I heard your new remixes, Dracula Battle doesnt sound good for a battle, it sounds like something that you would hear when near Dracula room, not when battling him, thats my opinion. Now this Miniboss theme is awesome, its a remix from Bloodlines or some DS game? I know that I've heard it before.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Briraka

• Hunter in Training
  • \m/
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2013, 05:02:36 PM »
I'm thinking the Mid boss music is one of the boss musics in SCVIV, or at least derivative of it.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2013, 06:50:48 PM »
I'm thinking the Mid boss music is one of the boss musics in SCVIV, or at least derivative of it.

Correct, it's the Castle Boss theme. It's missing the short, percussion-heavy intro, but that's just to make looping it in-game easier.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2013, 07:09:19 PM »
Uhmm... so thats it. About the intro, you will put it in the game or you will insert it like in the mp3? You couldnt add the intro and then make the music play instantly after it and loop?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2013, 07:37:01 PM »
I could, but there'd be an instant of silence during the transition, which would become a click, and clicks in music are never good.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2013, 08:15:25 PM »
Well, if there is no way possible to the transition be perfect, them its really not a good idea.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2013, 11:01:23 PM »
Bit of an update.

A few screens of the new sub-boss that's replacing the rock-wall enemy, courtesy of ACE_Spark. Meet the Tree of Iscariot.

He throws bags of silver coins and Tarzan swings. Yaaaaay.

And a few more songs.
Sub-Boss music
Dracula form 1

Sweet! Fantastic idea and it looks like it'll be fun.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2013, 10:04:46 AM »
I've seen that hanged man boss before... Ah, yes. The age-old fan game Castlevania Quest. The boss was titled 'The Innocent'. And I believe it was situated in the infinity sewerage stage........god, I hated that level..!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2013, 07:07:03 PM »
Is it the exact same, though? ACE tossed the sheet my way whilst discussing potential bosses/subbosses in chat the other day and I loved it. The sheet's entitled "Tree of Judas," though, not "The Innocent." But I've not played Castlevania Quest, so I don't know if ACE made it then or not. He's doing a bunch of custom spritework for me (my god his Bone Dragon King is fucking beautiful), so I figured it was something he had made earlier on and had lying around. Didn't know it was made FOR anything, though.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2013, 07:32:48 PM »
Bone Dragon king? I've already seen a Bone Pillar boss in a unreleased fangame video, but a Bone Dragon king sounds like a nice idea. It will be like the one in CV Rebirth?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2013, 09:28:29 PM »
Yeah, Bone Dragon King.

And I don't know. I haven't played Rebirth. Though, if you think along the lines of Serris from Metroid Fusion, you're on the right track.

Tags:

anything