Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821625 times)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #300 on: May 21, 2012, 03:42:48 PM »
+1
Oh, that's it? I already read that. I thought you had some PORTRAITofRUIN shit going on with an entire boss list, plot details, and area names.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #301 on: May 21, 2012, 03:45:37 PM »
+2
I want to know what Mr. P's Castlevania Realm thinks, because I fight against the trend.

Also, if it's Alucard, I wonder if they'll retain his Symphony look? Vampire Gabriel does somewhat hearken back to SotN's Dracula, albeit more savage.

Don't count on Cox to retain anything that wasn't there before he took over.   

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #302 on: May 21, 2012, 03:46:04 PM »
Oh, that's it? I already read that. I thought you had some PORTRAITofRUIN shit going on with an entire boss list, plot details, and area names.
Nope, I know just about as much as you guys do now. Why do you think I was speculating for a bit in the last couple pages of the thread? :P

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #303 on: May 21, 2012, 03:47:56 PM »
+1
Don't count on Cox to retain anything that wasn't there before he took over.

Idk about that Gabriel's design isn't far removed from the designs of the older belmont characters with the original artist.

If Alucard is being used it will be obvious that it's a half-vampire character so there's that and I doubt it will be so vastly different that it will throw people off....
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:52:03 PM by CastleDan »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #304 on: May 21, 2012, 03:48:54 PM »
To add to the those rumors regarding the console sequel:

That Castlevania game is rumored to be non linear like Darksiders or Arkahm City.

The new engine will have better framerate, better image quality and bigger enviroments with little to no loading.

The PS3 version is the lead platform and while the 360 version runs fine, it will require disc swapping again to access eariler areas.

Plot, setting and protagonist is still up in the air.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:51:28 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #305 on: May 21, 2012, 03:50:17 PM »

That Castlevania game is rumored to be non linear like Darksiders or Arkahm City.
Am I the only one who thinks of a 3D Simon's Quest when I read this?

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #306 on: May 21, 2012, 03:51:17 PM »

I approve 100% of that rumor. I hope it's true. I need something open ended and interconnected to play with.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #307 on: May 21, 2012, 03:51:39 PM »
+2

The new engine will have better framerate, better image quality and bigger enviroments with little to no loading.

The PS3 version is the lead platform and while the 360 version runs fine, it will require disc swapping again to access eariler areas.

I hope it would be more like Dark Souls than those two games.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: May 21, 2012, 03:53:17 PM »
+1

Damn there goes any chance of a Vita version of the game.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #309 on: May 21, 2012, 03:54:01 PM »
Quote from: beingthehero
Also, if it's Alucard, I wonder if they'll retain his Symphony look?

anything but these

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #310 on: May 21, 2012, 04:04:41 PM »
Wow last time I checked it was 9 pages, but now it's already in it's twenty's  :o

Am I the only one who thinks of a 3D Simon's Quest when I read this?

far from it look like if it is true then MS is stepping their game up. This new engine must really be something.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #311 on: May 21, 2012, 04:05:13 PM »
+1
anything but these

I've thought about it for a while now and I believe since  Lords of Shadow's art direction and character and monster designs were clearly inspired by guillermo del toro, I think Alucard will look like Prince Nuada from Hellboy 2.
Prince Nuada - Lord Of The Drums

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #312 on: May 21, 2012, 04:07:51 PM »
Given how Cox-kun's team retained Brauner, Olrox, and Wygol Village, I don't see why they wouldn't nod back to Alucard's Symphony design.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #313 on: May 21, 2012, 04:10:55 PM »
I've thought about it for a while now and I believe since  Lords of Shadow's art direction and character and monster designs were clearly inspired by guillermo del toro, I think Alucard will look like Prince Nuada from Hellboy 2.
Prince Nuada - Lord Of The Drums
That's a very good theory.

I think Alucard will retain his original look more than any of the characters that find their way into the LoS canon. Next to Simon or Richter, Alucard is the most popular character in the series.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #314 on: May 21, 2012, 04:17:07 PM »
If this rumor is true, awesome! I'm glad I have a 3DS. But I really hope Mercury Steam is working on a PS3/360 sequel.  Also, if it's 3D, they better incorporate the circle pad pro
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Tags: .....?