Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821038 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1170 on: May 28, 2012, 07:49:06 AM »
Why can't they just create new characters instead of bastardizing old ones? It just irks the hell out of me, and I felt like expressing how I feel about it. Which is why I also said the gameplay better be good, since that's the only thing left to feel optimistic about at this point.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1171 on: May 28, 2012, 07:51:54 AM »
Actually, the Simon Belmont= Alucard thing doesn't bother me as much as it should. After what happed in LOS, I've suspended my disbelief and now I feel like anything is possible in this timeline no matter how nonsensical it is.

At this point, I don't care what they do story wise, they can make all the Dhampires Belmonts they want as long as the gameplay is up to the standards of a 2D Castlevania.

Also you got to remember one more thing, these story plotlines are still rumors until proven otherwise. If they are in fact true, then be free to grab your pitchforks torches.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1172 on: May 28, 2012, 08:11:39 AM »

Also, I can't understand the bitching on the game while it has not been announced yet. We only have rumors from (mostly) anonymous people and nothing official. Keep calm a few days and then you'll be able to bitch everything you want.

Lol, I just love how if you voice your dislike for something than your opinion is belittled to mere "bitching" LOL.

And hey, THIS IS A FORUM dude, which means that these types of discussions happen whether its rumor or confirmed.

And your just as likely to get a negative response, or to use your term "bitching" even from a rumor since its all we have to go on at the moment.

And regarding the whole "this is a new universe" argument that has been used to death already, well I know this is a new universe and all, but like Crisis said, why not make their OWN characters?

Or if they HAVE to use the old characters then the least they could do is not drastically revamp them beyond recognition. I understand they want to distinguish the 2 universe's heroes, but why not do something like give simon a new look,fighting style,or background?

Why do they have to go to such drastic lengths?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:13:53 AM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1173 on: May 28, 2012, 08:17:25 AM »
+1
It's fair to be cautiously optimistic, and it's also fair to be stoked, and it's also fair to be concerned, but shooting the damn thing down as soon as you hear something you might not like is what internet children do.  Haven't we grown up yet?  This happens every time any game comes out.
That is what precisely surprises me about Castlevania fanbase. There are many mature people around here, who should (at least in theory) understand that the world is not rolling around their desires and that sometimes there are possibilities beyond what you usually imagine. But some of them acting...well just as you have described.

When I met CV fanbase for the first time, I have hoped that there will be people who could support different outlooks on the series, without stepping on each toes and making histerics as soon as something goes not as they wanted. That thinking out of the box and postively looking at even the strangest and seemingly impossible possibilities would be encouraged. Now I see that I was mistaking and that the reality is directly opposite of how most of the fandoms (not only CV) operates.

God forgive me for wanting some lingering respect for continuity & certain plot elements.
Then what is the meaning of the new timeline?
Repeat the same as in old one, just with different characters?
However, looks like CV fanbase will not tolerate this and developers must return most significant Belmonts and Alucard amongst the playable characters, making new timeline bascially remake of the original one. Then significance that is the new timeline will be completely diminished. No thanks.
For the old stories I have old timeline and even there is a bunch of remakes.
For the new timeline I want new stories, with maybe little nods to the old continuity. I appreciate changes.

Why can't they just create new characters instead of bastardizing old ones?
Because fanboys will cry that this is not Castlevania without Simon Belmont and Alucard.
In all seriousness as long as no-one touches old canon your favorite characters are safe.

This is different universe = different rules, different interpreations and origins. Besides after Simon turning into BDSiMon and Obata!Simon I don't think turning him into...supernatural creature would be a someting special.

The thing is, some ideas are just "bad ideas" period, and this IMO is a bad idea.
Making 2 completely different characters the same just for whole "our universe is different!" type of message is stupid if you ask me.
There is no bad ideas, but bad execution of said ideas. Mostly.
And, yes, making new universe to stand out on its own by introducing changes is exactly right thing to do.

Or if they HAVE to use the old characters at least they could do not now drastically revamp them beyond recognition. I understand they want to distinguish the 2 universe's heroes, but why not do something like give simon a new look,fighting style,or background?
We don't even know how they look like (if all rumors are true).
And if you give character new look, origin and fighting style it will be a new character just with the old name, much like many bosses in LOS were. People was pissed of about that as far as I remeber.
However, given fandom disposition it looks like people will be pissed of anyway, no matter what developers did.

Lol, I just love how if you voice your dislike for something than your opinion is belittled to mere "bitching" LOL. And hey, THIS IS A FORUM dude, which means that these types of discussions happen whether its rumor or confirmed.
Because it is exactly how this complaints often comes of?
OK, I'll write your definition of the forum as "a place where people complain infinitely in annoying manner, sometimes without the reason".

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1174 on: May 28, 2012, 08:24:06 AM »

Because it is exactly how this complaints often comes of?
OK, I'll write your definition of the forum as "a place where people complain infinitely in annoying manner, sometimes without the reason".

Really did not care to reply to the rest of your post since it would probably go completely over your head, but felt the need to reply to this one.

So anything that is "negative" is automatically "bitching" to you is that right?

Even if someone expresses their dislike in a calm manner it will always come back to "your only bitching" or "you hate change" type of argument that has been beaten to death for far to long.

So would it be right if a called you guys "ass kissers" for constantly supporting everything Cox and his team put out?

Would it be alright for me to belittle your opinion to mere "asskissery" simply because I view it that way?

I'm just trying to get your logic down here.

So if I reversed some of the posts here and instead posted,

"why are so many of you guys kissing ass already? This is only a rumor at the moment, I don't understand why there is so much ass kissing going on for this game when we only have rumors. Chill out and wait a couple of days and than you can kiss all the ass you want.

Would that be appropriate?

I see it as no different than telling people they are "bitching".
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:38:28 AM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1175 on: May 28, 2012, 08:53:59 AM »
can't wait to see the art style of this game.  sounds like it's might take a little getting used to, but after years of good ole sprite recycling, it'll great to see a side scrolling Castlevania game have a new look to it.  things like QTEs and item inventory seem like an annoying assault on traditional CV gameplay, but i can appreciate them as quaint reminders that this is set in the LoS universe.  i wonder what the whipping action will be like.  will it be the standard "toss the whip straight forward", or will it be more like playing LoS except from a side view perspective?

EDIT:  ugh, no, i think i will absolutely hate separate item inventories.  in symphony of the night, i hated Alucard's list of one-use-only items and was very happy to see that in later games the same items consumed hearts or MP.  i guess if the number of sub-weapons is small and the frequency of obtaining them is high, it might be tolerable.  i simply tend to never use rare one-use items, since i never know when the right time to use them is and always feel like i'm wasting them whenever i do use them.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:01:37 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1176 on: May 28, 2012, 09:00:53 AM »
So, according to rumors, no Trevor  :'(
Evanescence - My Heart Is Broken

Everything comes full circle

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1177 on: May 28, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »
These rumors are retarded. I cannot stand to watch the bastardization of the Castlevania series. From Lords, Castlevania is no more. A new series was born and it is using the famous and recognized name/franchise in order to get attention. I am sad and feel the sorrow by the recent events.

The new games maybe are ok, I am not here to judge the games themselves, but to say what I think of the abuse of names, story lines and characters. I know what I would do to people who came up with this.......

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1178 on: May 28, 2012, 09:09:55 AM »
So, according to rumors, no Trevor  :'(

It would only have been Trevor in name only so cheer up.  :P   
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:11:56 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1179 on: May 28, 2012, 09:14:07 AM »
It was only going to be Trevor in name only so cheer up.  :P   
I'd take ANYTHING :'( :'(
Hahahah.

The thing is, I already made up my mind in that this new series is far different, Simon+Alucard won't be the last of crazy changes MS will have for sure (Not that I approve it, in fact, I dislike it, still I wouldn't call the work of other people "completely retarded" and a "bastardizaton" of those fine crafted litterary marvels that were the old Castlevania characters). Now I just hope MS pull off the characters and settings in interesting ways.

I know what I would do to people who came up with this.......
Jesus...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:26:59 AM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1180 on: May 28, 2012, 09:16:00 AM »
So that Nintendo Power cover rumor is now debunked? At least the part where it says Trevor is going to be on one.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1181 on: May 28, 2012, 09:27:18 AM »
That Nintendo Power teaser was probably related to Pokemon or something. :P

Why is Thursday so close, yet so far away?
I know what I would do to people who came up with this.......

Dude...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:45:40 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1182 on: May 28, 2012, 09:36:36 AM »
+2
personally, and i may be alone in this. but if these rumors pan out i am all for it. the concepts of a 2d game but more styled like lords sounds awesome. sign me up for atleast 2 copies lol.
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1183 on: May 28, 2012, 09:37:11 AM »
+7
The difference between a concern about a game, or one's disagreement of a proposed idea, and bitching/whining, is in the manner of the post being written.
Here's an easy example:

"I am not completely on board with this idea of Simon and Alucard being the same person.  I will have to wait until further developments but as it stands, I am not fond of the idea."
Versus
"Simon and Alucard are the same person?  It's the most laughably stupid idea ever and the franchise is ruined!  RUINED, I SAY!"

The difference is that one of these makes you sounds like a rational human being with genuine concerns and the other makes you sound like an pre-school kid who is pissed that the toy he or she wants doesn't come in his or her favorite color.  One is what I would ideally love the forum populace to behave like, and the other is the kind of forum that it feels like I'm babysitting children (hint: the bitching one is the latter one)

I guess it's all about how you guys write your opinions.  Are you guys competing to see who's posts have more impact or something?  Calm down, speculate and voice your opinions and what you disagree with, but be civil, please.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:43:53 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1184 on: May 28, 2012, 09:41:25 AM »
+3
It would be totally hilarious if ALL the rumors about the story was false, and in MoF, we wind up geting a totally NEW character altogether, like "Richard Belmont", and Simon, Trevor and Alucard don't even make appearances.

Tags: .....? 

anything