Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981516 times)

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1455 on: May 29, 2015, 06:55:23 AM »
+2
So...do you think that Belgrade approached IGA with a picture of the Bloodstained logo and said, "I'm interested in this!". ;-) ;-)

I was thinking about the picture for the stretch goal after WiiU...was a time challenge suggested? Of maybe that's a trophy (not an hourglass) and it's something like an online leaderboard?

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1456 on: May 29, 2015, 07:50:08 AM »
Also, he says he was the producer for CotM in America(?). Ko-G was IGA after all?

No, he referred to Ko-G in that OoE Nintendo Power interview iirc, plus Ko-G was credited separately from IGA in OoE's credits. Could be a translation mistake.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1457 on: May 29, 2015, 09:05:10 AM »
+1
I don't understand what is wrong with this company. I really liked Saints Row IV and they handled that, so they seem alright to me. Konami was a company started in the 60s, Koch Media is a much younger, much smaller company. One of the downsides of Konami was the focus on profits over game -- hence phasing out 2D Igavanias for 3D, and now console for mobile. It seems like he has a far more flexible deal when it comes to publishing his games now. They do all platforms and have a particular European presence, which I think may be good for the international market.

Unfortunately this is the way intellectual property works in MOST industries, not just video games. If you come up with something, and you work for a company, generally it will become their property, if you come up with it while working for them.

As for them owning the IP, as long as they keep Iga on I am ok with that. It is kind of cool with Konami sort of bowing out of the console game we now have these newer companies stepping up. I say let's let them put their money where their mouth is. If they are owning the IP then they are in it for the long-haul, and who knows, maybe we will see 3 Bloodstained games in the next decade...

Yeah, I know aaaaalucard. You raise good points, I guess I'm just being cautious. Don't want to get burned again :p But yeah, these guys probably know what they're doing :D

Update 12: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1246193

New backer tier:

omg

OMG

OMG OMG OMG

ROBERT BELGRADE

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I'll be damned, they sure know how to please the fans. Even if I wasn't gonna back this before, I certainly will now.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #1458 on: May 29, 2015, 09:20:05 AM »
I'm stupidly excited about having Robert Belgrade. Shit, they might even have him do the ending credits theme. I mean he does jazz music iirc, and having another horribly out of place jazzy ending credits song would be another perfect nod back to SotN.

Also Deepsilver is a fine company. IGA wants to make a new series, after all, and it's the best thing we've got since Castlevania is deader than Contra now.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:23:47 AM by beingthehero »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1459 on: May 29, 2015, 09:52:13 AM »
I'm stupidly excited about having Robert Belgrade. Shit, they might even have him do the ending credits theme. I mean he does jazz music iirc, and having another horribly out of place jazzy ending credits song would be another perfect nod back to SotN.

He will sing "I am the Fire" :P

I'll try to ask IGA about this cancelled ending where Maria turns into a demon in SotN.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1460 on: May 29, 2015, 10:03:43 AM »
No, he referred to Ko-G in that OoE Nintendo Power interview iirc, plus Ko-G was credited separately from IGA in OoE's credits. Could be a translation mistake.

Scratch that part about Ko-G. However, in the magazine scan library there's this preview of CotM from Nintendo Power and within the article there are quotes from a certain Koji Igarashi who they mention to be the producer of the game. I assumed it was a mistake made by the writer, but if IGA really was the American producer, that suddenly makes a lot more sense now.

http://www.castlevaniadungeon.net/features/magscans/NintendoPower145p33%20-%20CotM_Preview.jpg 

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1461 on: May 29, 2015, 10:07:21 AM »
+1
I don't know if someone posted it here before:

Its from the same person making Tears of Pain.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1462 on: May 29, 2015, 11:21:52 AM »
WOOOOOW! Alucard voice back in update 12 WOOOOW https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1246193

I have never thought that...  So now this game is really the dream game for me so now maybe Alucard is a playbare secret character in the game... wil be amazing but maybe...  no.

If gamepaly video will show my hype level will be 100%. Not SO hyped before gamepaly videos I have said it before but I really hope for GBA/DS style..

WOW 100 pages.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
    • Awards
« Reply #1463 on: May 29, 2015, 11:47:56 AM »
Scratch that part about Ko-G. However, in the magazine scan library there's this preview of CotM from Nintendo Power and within the article there are quotes from a certain Koji Igarashi who they mention to be the producer of the game. I assumed it was a mistake made by the writer, but if IGA really was the American producer, that suddenly makes a lot more sense now.

http://www.castlevaniadungeon.net/features/magscans/NintendoPower145p33%20-%20CotM_Preview.jpg

Sheeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiit. If true, that negates over a decade of shitposting on the Dungeon and Gamefaqs about how CotM was the last great Castlevania game before that bastard IGA ruined it and life in general.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1464 on: May 29, 2015, 12:11:56 PM »
I'll ask again: If achieved, will the Wii U version, either digital or physical, be rewarded to backers? Or will it be a seperate buy? (Mighty No. 9's physical copy, for instance, was a separate buy for non-backers, IIRC.)

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1465 on: May 29, 2015, 12:40:49 PM »
+2
I'll ask again: If achieved, will the Wii U version, either digital or physical, be rewarded to backers? Or will it be a seperate buy? (Mighty No. 9's physical copy, for instance, was a separate buy for non-backers, IIRC.)

What the hell makes you think that any of us have any information about that? Instead of asking us five times, why don't you send IGA a tweet or PM the kickstarter campaign.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1466 on: May 29, 2015, 12:52:41 PM »
They never said if Koch Media will own or not the IP. Someone says that in interviews, they said it would be an Iga IP in the end. Maybe they are only distributing the game... Who knows...

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1467 on: May 29, 2015, 01:03:52 PM »
Yeah. Dat might be a good question to ask IGA in the reddit AMA :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1468 on: May 29, 2015, 02:18:42 PM »
I'll try to ask IGA about this cancelled ending where Maria turns into a demon in SotN.

That's what I'm going to try to ask as well--what was originally the reasoning behind why that would happen and such. The more people ask it the more likely it gets picked as a question he'll answer so the more people who ask the better.

I imagine someone will ask him about the fabled 1999 game, and if he was working on it right before Cox-kun took over the series.

Of course they might avoid everything Castlevania related, since he only vaguely refers to it as 'my previous works' anymore.

I dunno, it seems to say on the KS page that his previous works are open for discussion. They even mention Tokimeki Memorial as a silly aside.

My guess is that would be a question to ask using the form on the KS since it's even really unclear whether they will have a physical version for Wii U. They should update it eventually with an answer to something like that.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:22:30 PM by Charlotte-nyo:3 »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1469 on: May 29, 2015, 02:19:26 PM »
They never said if Koch Media will own or not the IP. Someone says that in interviews, they said it would be an Iga IP in the end. Maybe they are only distributing the game... Who knows...
but they wouldn't have trademarked it otherwise, would they?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags:

anything