Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dracula as a playable character.  (Read 6726 times)

Offline Sorrow

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« on: July 14, 2012, 08:05:54 AM »
I've been pondering the idea for awhile now.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 02:29:43 PM by Sorrow »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 10:27:58 AM »
A loooong time ago when trying out CVII did I have the thought... What if Dracula was playable? I tried to imagine what he'd look like was a playable character on screen. This was of course way before IGA brought out AoS. Good sprites by the way. The walking sprite could use more work to help smooth it out a bit.  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 12:06:33 PM »
Rather than him extending his shoulders forward while walking... Perhaps Batman can help you out.

Reference the way his arms and chest are moving. It'd give it a more... natural, but still powerful, walk.

NOTE: Yes, I'm aware you can't see his boots and gloves and cape all too well.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Sorrow

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 09:59:06 AM »
I like that walk, I think that's a brilliant representation. I'll definitely give it a go.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 02:30:31 PM by Sorrow »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 10:35:23 AM »
I've been pondering the idea for awhile now, atleast 2 years, and I sort of decided to give it a go. It's basically a what if but with sprites. I thought "what if Dracula was a playable character" I think he would definitely have a more human size, abit larger than Alucard. So I started compiling sprites, so far I have:

Stance

Sword attack (unfinished)

Crouch

This is the walk so far, it would probably be changed in future.

The reason I'm making this thread isn't to merely show off my sprites, I wanted people's opinions and ideas. Such as what magic abilities Dracula would have, how he should react when hit, other abilities and so on. I want any ideas or opinions any of you may have and would be very happy if anyone wants to get involved in the spriting. :)

- Foenix.
This could be great!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

anything