Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Peter O'Toole dies at age 81  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« on: December 16, 2013, 06:52:32 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25393557

He was the starring role in Lawrence of Arabia.

RIP  :(

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 08:42:05 AM »
For me it's always demonstrated what a sham the Oscars are that he didn't win best actor for Lawrence. Just watch the transformation of T. E. Lawrence from idealistic adventurer to opportunist to shell shocked veteran and see what I mean. Be sure to plan a break in the middle though, the movie is one of the most beautiful ever filmed but it's also long.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 07:44:16 PM »
I never got to really enjoy O'Toole. The first time I never knew about him was in that one ghost movie, High Spirits or something. He made it enjoyable.

Although those fucking ghost nuns still scare the bejeebers out of me.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags:

anything