Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Akumajo Dracula Game: Grimoire of Souls (Story Mode Ended)  (Read 92459 times)

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: New Akumajo Dracula Game: Grimoire of Souls (TGS 2019 Showcase)
« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2019, 11:11:50 AM »
There is some artwork floating around online.  Here:
https://somacruces.tumblr.com/post/187845317434/thats-what-im-talkin-about-baby
https://wakai-dracula.tumblr.com/post/187874690288/some-cool-art-work-coming-out-of-castlevania

wow, that ukiyo-e style Mina looks amazing, thanks for sharing those.
I literally cannot wait to play it, i would have never thought i could get so much interest in a mobile game, even an Akumajo one, actually i was pretty disappointed when it was first announcend, but it has reaaally grown on me seeing videos and promotion in general

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)

Offline OldSchoolArikado

• Castlemaniac
  • Hunter in Training
  • Se habla español
    • Castlevania Latino
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2019, 04:33:54 PM »
well, nobody is going to create a GoS FC topic?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #168 on: September 24, 2019, 02:26:47 AM »
Ooohh!! I like the Soma art. :)

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2019, 08:55:37 AM »
Played through the first level and the controls are very intuitive and responsive which was one concern I had. Overall I think I'm going to end up putting a bunch of time into this game. Dammit Konami lol!

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2019, 04:12:27 PM »
I’m playing Fire Emblem Heroes on my phone and am loving the art.  That game is inspiring me to look up the history of all the past games in the franchise to figure out who the characters are.  I’m pleased at the thought of other people who don’t know much about Castlevania’s history becoming interested in the myriad characters in the artwork and playable characters and “history lessons” in this game.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2019, 05:03:05 PM »
I’m playing Fire Emblem Heroes on my phone and am loving the art.  That game is inspiring me to look up the history of all the past games in the franchise to figure out who the characters are.  I’m pleased at the thought of other people who don’t know much about Castlevania’s history becoming interested in the myriad characters in the artwork and playable characters and “history lessons” in this game.

It's a smart move by Konam, a lot of people are gonna get this because of the Netflix anime, so they will need a crash course... Possibly in preparation for a new *real* game?
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #173 on: September 26, 2019, 03:40:03 AM »
For those who are already playing it, how friendly is it for free to play?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: September 26, 2019, 10:48:21 AM »
For those who are already playing it, how friendly is it for free to play?

Imagine Harmony of Despair with story, where you go solo for the main story, no need to buy anything, since most items are cosmetics and 5 stars equipment very easy to acquire for free. There is no PvP, only a mode similar to HoD.

My main character:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 01:38:49 PM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #176 on: September 26, 2019, 08:02:53 PM »
It works with a PS4 controller once you get past the four-stage tutorial.
So it's... actually worth playing!  However, I'm gonna have to get some kinda phone controller thing.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2019, 08:04:01 PM »
Artwork of Julius here:
https://dominatie.tumblr.com/post/187959440129/fate-should-never-be-left-to-chance
I think I'll start checking some other websites just in case there have been more posted elsewhere.

Also, story spoiler in this link (though... I saw this coming a mile away, and I'm betting most of you did, too):
https://rainboas.tumblr.com/post/187924161799/hello
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 08:41:15 PM by Gaawa-chan »

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #178 on: September 27, 2019, 12:11:48 PM »
It's actually not that bad of a game, not gonna lie. I didn't even know about the soft launch in Canada until Facebook Ads pretty much told me about it so I thought I'd give it a try. Combat is great. I have been loving bloodstained but I think it was about time combat in Castlevania followed more of a DMC/Combo based style. I love the fact that unlocking "Maria Mode" doesn't just leave me with me just using her doves and basic sub weapons. The fact for the first time we see Maria getting some RPG choices in weapons like different bird species and Simon's variety of whip choices and different varieties of sub weapons (Because there are more than one type of holy water, cross and axes) has given me hope that in whatever the next hopeful legit  Castlevania title is, unlocked characters are still given RPG and depth.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #179 on: September 27, 2019, 11:59:52 PM »
I have heard that this game elaborates a little bit more on what exactly the job of the Morris family is, anyone that can lay some sweet spoilers on me?
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Tags: