Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Subnormal-Scary Sword  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: January 24, 2016, 10:07:51 AM »
Hey guys!

I just remembered this live video of my band Subnormal from way back in like 2002 is on youtube. We were still in high school at this time. I figured I would share it. I am the singer. But I also wrote most the material and played guitar in studio.

This song is called "Scary Sword". I still remember writing it and programming it. At about 2:45 there is a sound from the treasure level in SCV4. We were very Castlevania inspired. In fact, the riff on the verse of this song is inspired by the Torture Chamber from SCV4 as well. At 3:30 you can also hear Simon Belmont's whip!

You will also hear the bassist, and guitarists as voices Lecarde Chronicles 2. They will be playing vampires! Though the band is no longer active, we all often work together and collaborate. They have been giving me input on the LC2 OST along the way. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GikBaA5oxtQ

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:12:51 AM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 11:03:49 AM »
That's badass. Really good. Wow, dude. Sounds like a mix of Korn and Faith no More. Good sound.

If you have anymore stuff, put them up!
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 11:34:17 AM »
Thanks dude.

You can hear 3 more songs form that same live show here.

https://www.reverbnation.com/subnormal

Green Planet was one of our crowd favorites. Numerology was our song that got the most air play back in the day.

There's also our full 2001 album called "The Chakras" on there.

I do have some stuff that we made from as recent as 3 years ago. I'll see about getting some of that this week.
The worst monsters are human.

Tags:

anything