Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Symphony of the night HACKED! I bet you thought I had quit? ;)  (Read 259201 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Symphony of the night HACKED! I bet you thought I had quit? ;)
« Reply #390 on: December 21, 2011, 09:39:24 AM »
Not even remotely dude.

Okay yeah, now I see it. Wasn't sure since it's been a while.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #391 on: December 21, 2011, 02:00:22 PM »
Is there even a full sprite sheet available anywhere for the skeleton leader? Or any other Saturn sprite sheets  (except Maria and the Specter) for that matter?

P.S.First one to point to spriter's resource gets my foot in their ass!  :P
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 02:03:11 PM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #392 on: December 21, 2011, 02:33:20 PM »
You shoudl check out Spri... no, never mind.

All joking aside, I haven't had any luck finding any of those sprites besides the ones you mentioned.
Either way they should be redrawn cause they look like ass.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #393 on: December 22, 2011, 06:35:14 PM »
Funny you should ask. I don't have sheet of them but i do have probably all the dead crusader,necromancer, phalanx soldier(spear soldier), and the skeleton leader strips. I think i had one more sword guy too unsure if he's finished some knight with a sword(unfortunetly i can't seem to find him).

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #394 on: December 23, 2011, 03:50:39 PM »
That will work Las; do you have a site or a download link for them? I'm sure that I am not the only one here who might be able to make use of them.  8)
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #395 on: December 23, 2011, 04:25:13 PM »
Yeah i dont' have them in animated gif format just strips for game maker. But yeah i can post up a link and put it up here. I'll modify the post when i upload them.

update:
Ok here's the link:http://www.mediafire.com/?1k4q3no3mtw54vu

Not certain that i got everything on them but there is quite a bit done for sure(defeintly worth a look). Also skelton leader is from a 256X240 sheets not 320X240. But i think i remember it looking sharper than at 320X240 for some reason???? Idk either way there are strips and sheets that he can be resized from. I had one or 2 other enemies but i can't find them cause i think there on a flash drive i lost. Damn!!! If i find them i'll keep you posted.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:06:17 PM by Las »

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #396 on: December 25, 2011, 06:22:05 PM »
Thank you Las; as usual if I end up using this you will receive credit for it.

Merry Christmas Everyone! Version A14 R1 is now up!

Here is the link to the blog post: http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/release-a14-r2-of-the-castlevania-sotn-hacked-engine-is-out/

Please discontinue using version A10 R1 immediately; there is no further support for it.

The source code should be up in a week or so.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #397 on: December 25, 2011, 07:07:13 PM »
Sweet. Merry christmas, bro!

I'll post back later after I play it a bit.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 07:09:35 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #398 on: December 26, 2011, 09:50:24 AM »
Merry Christmas to you too, Esco! :D

What a neat Christmas present!

I dont know about you guys, but I thought that tree enemy in the saturn version looked pretty damn creepy. Though I agree, a bit out of place.

also, despite whatever one may think about the Saturn stages, I thought the haunted Prison stage theme Chaconne C Moll is pretty awesome. Would be amazing if it could be reused somewhere in this hack.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 09:53:19 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #399 on: December 26, 2011, 10:12:23 AM »
Nice!!! Just in time for Christmas ESCO!! Awesome i'm stoked to check it out!!

update: WOW nice added touches to it.
-love the portraits, they are totally kick ass, more upbeat and less melancholy, ready to kick some vampire ass!!
-cool that you have a timer, i'm guessing for rating purposes.
-totally digging dracula 2nd form as if 1st form wasn't kick ass enough. Plus his sound effect for 2nd form growl and hit really hits dead on to his form unlike the original, kudos big time there!
-man background is totally stellar. Kudos to your boy on that one. Very nice touch!!!
-Oh yeah and i can't forget to mention what happens when you pick the players. Especially on old voice mode when picking richter. "Awesome" lol!!!
-richter is more limited at this point in skills making the battle more challenging, and very believable unlike the orginal game.
-and yeah little things like the "Hack" sign on the title screen catches the eye aswell, i forgot to mention that on the previous version.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:29:50 PM by Las »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #400 on: December 26, 2011, 05:41:20 PM »
Yo, Esco, you wouldn't mind if I posted a thread about the game on my forum, would you? As for the download link, I can just link them to the blog. You know, just to let people know about your work.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #401 on: December 26, 2011, 06:14:22 PM »
Yo, Esco, you wouldn't mind if I posted a thread about the game on my forum, would you? As for the download link, I can just link them to the blog. You know, just to let people know about your work.

That is fine; you can feel free to link to it from wherever.

In fact I will never understand why ANYONE out there would object to people hotlinking to their project; it's just stupid and self defeating.  8)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #402 on: December 27, 2011, 09:41:06 AM »
In fact I will never understand why ANYONE out there would object to people hotlinking to their project; it's just stupid and self defeating.

There are several reasons for this, I've heard:

He/She does not want his or her project revealed until completion. A surprise if you will.

He/She is concerned about theft of their own work. (I can definitely get behind this one)

He/She might never finish their project, so for them it would be better not to announce anything.

There's probably a boat-load more but these three are the ones that stick out the most.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #403 on: December 27, 2011, 10:10:30 AM »
Some people do it out of spite, which I believe it's the worst reason of all.
"I don't like those people, so they cannot see my project, fuck 'em!".  You know, butthurt crap.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #404 on: December 27, 2011, 10:43:20 AM »
I actually make mods and hacks for Resident Evil 4.

I really do not care when people post my mods on other sites. The only thing I ask is that they give credit to myself as the original author. It really does piss me off when some of them take credit for something that isn't even theirs.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Tags: