Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Symphony of the night HACKED! I bet you thought I had quit? ;)  (Read 256111 times)

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
interesting. you are showing to the world that the GM is really a worth tool.
i have done something similar but not for Castlevania and not In GM.
how you fixed the mirroring issue ? because this kind  of animation generally get a awful issue when mirrored in some aspect´s.
(generally bad positioning in Head, hand´s or Leg´s).

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Im pretty incopetent at programming, but I think that he mirror the X value of the pieces too, so they all mirror and stay connected right.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
hats off for you sire !

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
@ESCO and anyone it may concern. I figured i'd ask if anyone  knows about this program someone made called Traudnux2animator. My coder,LC, told me about it and i think it may be useful for enemies like Olrox 2, gurka,hammer, and knife brothers or boomerang armor from HoD, those sort of enemies where they are animated by pieces. Though i really dont know how to use it yet, and my coding skills are begginner still at best. I figure it may help some of you more advanced coders out, potentially saving you time and energy. Here's the thread:
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=507862

*Also i didnt' wanna start a new thread for a small paragraph of information. I felt it may be best to put it in a thread where others may have use for it,otherwise i'd have started a new topc.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Fireseraphim: I do NOT give out code upon request; I am willing to TRADE something useful to me for it, but otherwise you will just have to wait until I release the code and get it when everyone else does. Which should be within 1-2 months in this case.

Isso: you would have to look at the code to see, but basically it involves using one main piece to read what image_xscale should be, and adjusting angles and offsets as needed based on it.

Also.......... my script let's you scale x and y wise as well. It doesn't just limit you to mirroring by using image_xscale = -1. The only limit on it right now is that image_yscale cannot be a negative value (which is pretty useless), and that you cannot use image_angle on the main piece to rotate ALL the pieces at once (like if you wanted to take a key frame of the puppet and make it spin around; though this is pretty useless too since CAN be done with a surface).

Las: hey man, thanks for the info, but I already checked that thing out. The problem is it basically just seems to export an animation in PNG files; which takes up a LOT of images, a LOT of space, and STILL requires me to setup hitboxes in game for the 100 frames the animation might be. Also, the edges of the sprites then look fuzzy, and less detailed.

By Instead coding it in game, it not only makes setting hitboxes MUCH quicker (I only have to do it once per piece), but the sprite looks smoother and more detailed, it takes up a lot less space, and now that I have the code setup, I can add new enemies with it very easily.

The "glue" function I have (which is an old code snippet I found on the gm forums and modified), can also be used for things like diplocephalus and stone rose, which have several objects glued together (though they do not "animate" by rotating them). I am also considering using it for medium normal single object animated enemies like the warg to glue it's sprite pieces together, which saves space, makes animating quicker (since I do not have worry about alignment since they automatically are positioned correctly), and saves time since again I do NOT have to set a hitbox for each frame (which also means I do not have to use precise hitboxes, but still ensures that colission boxes are still very accurate). I just need to modify the code slightly for each enemy, and set gluing points as needed.  ;D

I could use it for small enemies like the skeletons too; but that is pretty pointless.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:55:40 AM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
Ok cool ESCO, thanks for the Info. Yeah i'm having issues in my engine with sprite strips being too big. I get an out of memory error sometimes. Then i have to go back and cut down sprites with room sizes. I stopped using tilesets at one poitnt for levels because it caused major lags aswell. So now i realize some rooms have to be cut down to halfs,thirds or even fourths. And yes i agree when i get to the point of learning stuff like that it will be useful perhaps to learn your code snippet er something to save space.

Gm seems extermely picky with sprites taht are too big. Guess LC may have to code olrox 2 by pieces to save space. I even ripped Boomerang armor as is. He's not that many frames. But yeah i suppose their must be better methods for enemies like how you are doing. Any chance you know what gm post it was that had that script? I think  it would come in useful for us and others doing similar enemies.

*One thing i did notice, though i know it'd be better with coding, is that the rips of Hod Clouds and Aria of Sorrow clouds(like sotn in drac's keep and basically identical) literally do loop, and they look beautiful. But sadly may suck up too much sizes. I hear also making things gmspr. files would be better too. Though i don't know exactly why.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:14:48 PM by Las »

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
@Esco

You've already said something about that in the GM's forum? If I understood it right you are the first person to accomplish a sytem that does all that and still simple to use in GM, you really should be proud. xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
UPDATE: 5/22/13: This one has more about puppet animating, as well as info on the marionette, stone rose, and the new wakwak tree. It also contains two shiny new videos in it. Enjoy!

http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com/2013/05/23/update-52213-marionette-stone-rose-and-the-wakwak-tree/
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Simply amazing! I hope my coding skill will be at your level some day!!!
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline guess??

• Bannings do not impress. Dudebro, huh? Insecure much, fruity boy? ;)
  • Forgotten One
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
ATTENTION EVERYONE: for further updates please check the blog. I may have someone post updates here, but I wouldn't bet on it. I see no reason to give this place the extra attention.

Jorge: You talk trash on here but you and I know face to face you would be dead silent. Talk your game bro. You're still a joke who has one hand on his dick, and the other on his keyboard, while your mouth is sucking several people's dicks on here who you let get away with murder while you choose to single out others. And NO, I am NOT the only who noticed.

Better hope next time I come to NY I don't come looking for you because we both know I know where you are and how that would go. Especially considering how fem you look. ;) Ta ta sweetie.

-Esco
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 10:58:44 PM by guess?? »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Oh jeez, I hope I don't become collateral damage because of your dick-waving. Last time someone dared Jorge, I lost my primary and secondary means to access the forum (that being mobile and intranet access, respectively). Seriously, smartasses always end up inconveniencing everyone else.

/rant
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Oh jeez, I hope I don't become collateral damage because of your dick-waving. Last time someone dared Jorge, I lost my primary and secondary means to access the forum (that being mobile and intranet access, respectively). Seriously, smartasses always end up inconveniencing everyone else.

/rant

Indeed. He already pulled that stunt on me just last week.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
ATTENTION EVERYONE: for further updates please check the blog. I may have someone post updates here, but I wouldn't bet on it. I see no reason to give this place the extra attention.

Jorge: You talk trash on here but you and I know face to face you would be dead silent. Talk your game bro. You're still a joke who has one hand on his dick, and the other on his keyboard, while your mouth is sucking several people's dicks on here who you let get away with murder while you choose to single out others. And NO, I am NOT the only who noticed.

Better hope next time I come to NY I don't come looking for you because we both know I know where you are and how that would go. Especially considering how fem you look. ;) Ta ta sweetie.

-Esco
What the hell is wrong with you. Seriously.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

-Esco

Have you took your medicines (in the case you need any) or are you still drunk when posted it? This simply doesnt make sense, what I've seen here before is Jorge giving extra chances to everyone that broke rules and in the case that you exceed them, you gain a ban. It was the same with Sumac months ago (be fine buddy) and he didnt take a ban to a life threat level. Please think before posting or you can hurt people feelings and your "pride" will not let you say "sorry" or "forgive me" (I've a lot of friends like that so I know what Im saying).
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Let us not add further fuel to this fire.
Esco will be ok without us.

**locks**
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything