Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Updating the Dungeon for the 25th anniversary  (Read 4812 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Updating the Dungeon for the 25th anniversary
« on: August 08, 2011, 02:04:39 PM »
i think that'd be a great idea  ;) :D

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Updating the Dungeon for the 25th anniversary
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 02:23:40 PM »
Just how would we update it, though? u_u

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 02:23:52 PM »
Updating the site wouldn't hurt as well.   

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 11:33:12 PM »
I agree with a site update. There are also lots of other tid-bits that this site really needs to have. The only issue lies with finding someone who can fully commit to doing all of it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 07:12:14 AM »
Wasnt it JUST updated?

maybe a 25th anniversary banner or something.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 11:30:57 AM »
I purposely left the word "forum" out the thread title

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 12:56:14 PM »
What do you need updated?  I now have the abilities to post updates.  If you guys have stuff that you want added, please submit it to me either via Private Messaging, or through a post in Fan Stuff. ;)

NOW we're playing with power!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 09:02:54 PM »
We could make new custom sprites for the Forum Banner and such

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 06:08:29 AM »
Updating everything would be pretty awesome. 

Offline Colin B.

• Hunter in Training
  • Belmont sturtin'
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 07:09:19 AM »
Man I was just thinking it would be great if the Castlevania Dungeon site were updated with all of the new game information and the sort. Hell, if I knew anything about computers I would be the FIRST one to volunteer piecing the place together.

Anyone want to cheat me about computers?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 07:55:53 AM »
Totally updating the site right now, you guyz. xD
What do you want, in terms of an update?
See?
I put something on "What's New", where it mentions Operation Akumajo and the Castlevania Syndicate.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:03:39 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 08:24:42 AM »
That blog you mentioned sounds pretty interesting. Also, Thernz needs his own nag column where he can nag about game design. 

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 08:30:53 AM »
I would say at least mention the 25th anniversary, and that Konami plans to do some sort of thing for it.

Offline Colin B.

• Hunter in Training
  • Belmont sturtin'
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 08:46:40 AM »
Totally updating the site right now, you guyz. xD
What do you want, in terms of an update?

I know it's a lot for one person, but it would be great if the site could be continually updated with new information. I remember I used to come here for all of my Castlevania news and information. Eventually, there was only a review and pictures put up for each game. Finally it dropped of, as you know with that one update well over a year ago.

No criticism. Like I said, I know it's a lot for one person, let alone one person with a life to live. It's just what I wouldn't mind seeing happen to the place.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 11:12:45 AM »
Here's what I think should also be done. The timeline. We already have the video game section however there are now two distinct CV's. The video game section could be devided up into two parts; The original timeline and the LoS timeline. Jorge should whip up a new section for the LoS games specific to that timeline only just so we don't confuse any new patrons who might pop in for a visit.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: