Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Superhero Movie Discussion (spoilers abound)  (Read 9936 times)

Lone Wolf

Re: Superhero Movie Discussion (spoilers abound)
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 02:47:41 AM »
Why are these people not in charge of the live action movies?
Good question... But you know Hollywood.

Hm... This made me think of how different they made the X-Men movies from the animated series for some reason..
I mean, the "adaptation" of Wolverine(for example) to the mature public, including the changes in his costume and the emphatization of his "temper", specially in one little scene you may know very well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4b7gEu7b74

Yeah.. That scene.. :P
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:01:31 AM by Lone Wolf »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 09:19:47 AM »
X-Men is Marvel, not DC. Also, X-Men movies are not made by Marvel, nor given nearly as much care it would seem.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 09:35:19 AM »
I didn't mind the Wolverine character in the movie to be honest. Not so much his attitude (which I felt was an improvement over the comics), but the way his Adamantium claws were designed and how they shot out of his arms. I also liked the fact that they decided not to go with Wolverine having bone claws as I felt that was a continuity error in the comics. Before that story arch came about his claws were simply Adamantium; nothing else. But Marvel had to find some way of keeping Wolverine's claws intact after Magneto ripped all the metal out of his body. I was stupid in my opinion and i know he's a mutant, but his mutant ability was rapid healing with heightened senses, nothing else.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 10:12:04 AM »
I know a lot of people had or still have an issue with Logan's height, since in the comics he's actually about 5'2" whereas the movies 6-foot-tall Hugh Jackman portrays him. That, and the constant wifebeaters and black spandex as opposed to his "classic" costume lol

Anybody looking forward to this?

Agents of SHIELD Offical Trailer 1 (2013) - Marvel, ABC HD

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 01:13:55 PM »
I know a lot of people had or still have an issue with Logan's height, since in the comics he's actually about 5'2" whereas the movies 6-foot-tall Hugh Jackman portrays him. That, and the constant wifebeaters and black spandex as opposed to his "classic" costume lol

Yea i seen that preview last night. spin-offs are ok imo. long as Cameos from Heroes and Villians are there at least
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Lone Wolf

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 11:53:46 AM »

...and, they're not putting any heroes in these series AT ALL, right? Cause for what i think, evidently it may NOT be the same actors from the Avengers movie, that's more than just obvious. :P
But we don't really know, right? Maybe some actors haven't got many things marked on their agendas. :P

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 12:11:26 PM »
I wonder if they start building the JL movie universe in Man of Steel. Logic says yes. But if they're going to introduce all JL members individually like Marvel, it's gonna be a tough road. There's no continuing from that turd of a Green Lantern movie, for example. But making a reboot GL movie now would not be smart, because the failure is fresh in memory. If I were Warner, I'd do Wonder Woman (heh) next. Then Batman. The Big Trio is what counts at this point. If I were to do solo movies for JL members, it would be after the movie. But I really think DC should do its own thing instead of just ape the Avengers method of introducing the characters.

Also, the reason this Superman might seem strange is that DC/Warner is having some legal issues with the relatives of Superman's creators. At least at one point they couldn't use things like Lois Lane as Superman's squeeze and so on. Don't know if that stuff is settled now.

"Superman vs. Batman" was a serious film possibility at one time but they were never able to make it come together, and it likely would have been terrible anyway considering this was post-"Batman and Robin". At this point WarnerBros. should just hand the reigns to Bruce Timm and the other people behind the long-running DC Animated Universe. (Which included great series like Batman TAS and the two Justice League cartoons.) If anybody can give DC a chance to catch up it's those guys.
I don't see that happening, but then I never would have thought Sam Raimi would get Spider-Man or Joss Whedon would get the Avengers either.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 12:17:29 PM by Ratty »

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 12:09:15 AM »
I saw Iron Man 3 and I liked it. But I'm not familiar with the comic book. I've seen some negative comments on the web. Why is it? Is it different from the comic?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 01:10:27 AM »
I saw Iron Man 3 and I liked it. But I'm not familiar with the comic book. I've seen some negative comments on the web. Why is it? Is it different from the comic?

As a fan of the comics, after i have seen the first two movies, i felt disappointed with the third one. Why? At least for me it wasn't so much action, but only about Tony Stark, it went the way, like Spider-Man 3 movie went with Venom. When i saw the movie posters with all these Iron Man suits, i thought that someone has stolen his suit technology and declared him war, but no.........it was his hobby, making suits.

So, for me the first two movies are by far superior compared to the third one.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2013, 01:52:21 AM »
As a fan of the comics, after i have seen the first two movies, i felt disappointed with the third one. Why? At least for me it wasn't so much action, but only about Tony Stark, it went the way, like Spider-Man 3 movie went with Venom. When i saw the movie posters with all these Iron Man suits, i thought that someone has stolen his suit technology and declared him war, but no.........it was his hobby, making suits.

So, for me the first two movies are by far superior compared to the third one.

I agree.
If they were too afraid of angering China, then they should have settled with another villain. Fans were eagerly awaiting the appearance of his arch nemesis, the Mandarin. But with that treatment... it was a major disappointment.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 05:35:52 AM »
This pretty much sums up the negativity from fans
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 12:38:21 PM »
So in the original comic book the Mandarin is a great villain, and the main one, not a tool used by other villain.
I see. Now I understand why fans of the comic book didn't like the movie.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 01:29:33 PM »
Has anybody here seen I Am Legend? Nobody remembers this?

lol

I gotta say... as I keep seeing more & more commercials & footage from Man of Steel, I'm getting more & more excited. I really want this movie to succeed, and I hope they include an after-credits scene!

Concerning IM3: we kinda did see a Mandarin vs. Iron Man battle at the finale, it just wasn't what anybody expected (or how it should've been)

I'll just leave this image of April O'Niel (Megan Fox) talking to pre-CGI Raphael here

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 02:18:21 PM »
I'll just leave this image of April O'Niel (Megan Fox) talking to pre-CGI Raphael here

Megan Fox, is gonna be April O'Neil... well I guess they spared me having to wonder whether the new movies will be any good, or whether I'll waste any money to go see them.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:23:03 PM by Ratty »

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 03:09:07 PM »
You should know that from the moment you see Michael Bay is going to make them  :P
I mean, he did some things I like, but lately he is missing it by far.

Tags:

anything