Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586817 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #285 on: November 20, 2012, 06:52:33 PM »
I'm getting mine in a couple of weeks. Can't wait. What one game would you guys recommend I get?

Also, been trudging through the wii version of La-Mulana. Holy shit! were they expecting real archeologists to play this game? Talk about cryptic.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #286 on: November 20, 2012, 08:19:32 PM »
Yesterday I played Resident Evil 4 for the first time. Good stuff! This is the first time in months in which I've played a game over an hour without tuning out.

I'm a bit behind in the whole survival horror vs gears of war-esque debate about these recent games. I cant be too certain where Resident Evil 4 fits exactly but it sure is a lot of fun. Not to mention the variety of randomly sprinkled Spanish profanity lol.

RE4's off-centered aiming was a huge inspiration for the third-person shooter genre, and some of the gameplay elements from the game (including the aiming) were used in Gears, as well as several other third-shooters.

Note that the Spaniards in RE4 use the Mexican dialect of Spanish. So it's not entirely realistic.

I just got my copy of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Yessssssss.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #287 on: November 20, 2012, 08:58:18 PM »
+1
I'm getting mine in a couple of weeks. Can't wait. What one game would you guys recommend I get?

Also, been trudging through the wii version of La-Mulana. Holy shit! were they expecting real archeologists to play this game? Talk about cryptic.

One of THE BEST things about the Wii-U is that, when it loads, it shows local people in your area ranting/raving about the latest games.
Just firing up the system, I can tell you that people love:

-New Super Mario Bros. U - They're lapping it up, talking about every level, asking for help getting star coins, finding the alternate goals, and sketching up situations in the game.
-ZombiiU - They are loving this game and are HATING the IGN review that played the game down (I haven't played the game, but it seems popular on the WiiU statuses).
-Assassin's Creed 3 - They love no longer having to press SELECT to access the in-game map (in the PS3/X360 versions the map takes a little to load and it's somewhat annoying to use but that's pretty much in all Assassin's Creed titles).  They also love having two weapon slots since now you can just tap the screen to whistle for your horse.
-Call of Duty: Black Ops2 - Although they love the new interface and extra stuff the Gamepad has to offer, they do not like that you cannot enter the Miiverse in the middle of gameplay to post something; you have to exit out of your mission to do so.  This is because so far in every Wii-U game, you can hit the HOME button on the Controller and immediately enter the Miiverse and post a screenshot of what you're doing or post a question or comment about the situation, then immediately hop back into the game action.

Here's what it looks like people are talking about:

Other games that have been popping up here and there are:
-Scribblenauts Unlimited
-Ninja Gaiden

BTW sorry for the bad image quality, I just quickly took a pic with my phone when I spotted classic Ryu Hayabusa. xD
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #288 on: November 20, 2012, 09:10:56 PM »
THE WII-U!

I've been playing NintendoLand on it but that's gotten taken over by New Super Mario Bros. U, which is the most beautiful-looking classic Mario game ever.
Plus, I can play it in the bathroom! xD

I love the screen controller.

Just a question do you plan on getting ninja gaiden?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #289 on: November 20, 2012, 09:14:18 PM »
I'm pretty busy with the games I've got.  It will be a while before I get a new Wii game (I have Epic Mickey 2, NintendoLand, and New Super Mario Bros. U, but on DS and 3DS I've a few titles that I'm not done with yet).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #290 on: November 20, 2012, 09:21:56 PM »
I'm pretty busy with the games I've got.  It will be a while before I get a new Wii game (I have Epic Mickey 2, NintendoLand, and New Super Mario Bros. U, but on DS and 3DS I've a few titles that I'm not done with yet).

And epic mickey hmm.

have you tried the demo for tower of illusions yet for the 3ds? I think it's pretty good, long too for a demo.  :)

And is that not the problem with games so much to play so little time  ;)

Meanwhile besides studying for italian like a crazy person I need some down time. So  I almost done with tokimeki memorial
so much bombs toward the end  :(

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #291 on: November 20, 2012, 10:12:04 PM »
Yeah I got the demo for the 3DS version.
Seems neat but kinda simplistic.  I don't think I wanna shell out the money for it as it is.  Maybe I'd get it used or something, save some cash.
Can't wait for CrashMo to come out.
There's a game called Crush3D that is pretty cool. Got the demo for that.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #292 on: November 21, 2012, 01:17:54 PM »
One of THE BEST things about the Wii-U is that, when it loads, it shows local people in your area ranting/raving about the latest games.
Just firing up the system, I can tell you that people love:

-New Super Mario Bros. U - They're lapping it up, talking about every level, asking for help getting star coins, finding the alternate goals, and sketching up situations in the game.
-ZombiiU - They are loving this game and are HATING the IGN review that played the game down (I haven't played the game, but it seems popular on the WiiU statuses).
-Assassin's Creed 3 - They love no longer having to press SELECT to access the in-game map (in the PS3/X360 versions the map takes a little to load and it's somewhat annoying to use but that's pretty much in all Assassin's Creed titles).  They also love having two weapon slots since now you can just tap the screen to whistle for your horse.
-Call of Duty: Black Ops2 - Although they love the new interface and extra stuff the Gamepad has to offer, they do not like that you cannot enter the Miiverse in the middle of gameplay to post something; you have to exit out of your mission to do so.  This is because so far in every Wii-U game, you can hit the HOME button on the Controller and immediately enter the Miiverse and post a screenshot of what you're doing or post a question or comment about the situation, then immediately hop back into the game action.

Here's what it looks like people are talking about:

Other games that have been popping up here and there are:
-Scribblenauts Unlimited
-Ninja Gaiden

BTW sorry for the bad image quality, I just quickly took a pic with my phone when I spotted classic Ryu Hayabusa. xD

Cool beans. I haven't felt this hyped up for a new system since... Wii. :P
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #293 on: November 22, 2012, 09:57:48 AM »
So I finally popped in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. I'm hooked. The game is fantastic. Maining Jak right now, currently Rank 57. Game kicks so much ass it's ridiculous. I don't even think I want to go back to Super Smash Bros. after this... Stayed up til 3 in the morning playing online with a few friends.

On another note, I also played the hell outta the demo for DmC: Devil May Cry. The gameplay far surpasses even DMC3 in my opinion. The frame-rate is a little buggy on the eyes, but otherwise, the game plays fantastic. The demo is chock full of hidden goodies that'll keep you playing.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #294 on: November 22, 2012, 05:57:51 PM »
POKEMON!! (White Version 2)

And Bayonetta.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #295 on: November 22, 2012, 09:11:07 PM »

On another note, I also played the hell outta the demo for DmC: Devil May Cry. The gameplay far surpasses even DMC3 in my opinion. The frame-rate is a little buggy on the eyes, but otherwise, the game plays fantastic. The demo is chock full of hidden goodies that'll keep you playing.

Like wise the control is just wow almost enough to get me back into the series  :)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #296 on: November 22, 2012, 10:10:02 PM »
Like wise the control is just wow almost enough to get me back into the series  :)

I couldn't agree any more. The game plays amazingly, and I'm far more stoked for it (as if previous trailers and the Vergil's Downfall pre-order/DLC wasn't enough).

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #297 on: November 25, 2012, 03:24:00 PM »
+1
I have decided to take a break from tokimeki and play Ninja gaiden II on the 360
(click to show/hide)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #298 on: November 25, 2012, 03:42:48 PM »
Well, after getting the Platinum trophy for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, time to move back to playing the first Ratchet & Clank... The part I'm at isn't even the fun kind of hard.

Also need to finish Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Offline ascheran

• Don't forget handsome, and really skilled!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #299 on: November 28, 2012, 07:03:33 PM »
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia on hard difficulty, lvl. 1 and without newgame+. I was stuck 3 days in Ruvas forest with those annoying bats and medusa heads.

Tags:

anything